Completely Random

Why not? What’s the debate on that view?

1 Like

TX pays more, but does not pay into retirement.

1 Like

My understanding was that a teacher in Oklahoma could teach until they were eligible for retirement and then go to Texas and teach there for 5 years and be eligible to draw a second retirement.

The move is to be able to draw retirement for OK and TX.

1 Like

Wifey had 6 years in OK and 19 in TX. She rich beotch!

2 Likes

Getting feedback. We’re doing a local brand for my UMC church.

It’s a traditional congregation. Historical for the community with both traditional and contemporary services. But it’s multi-generational. Doing some really modern things with family & children’s/youth ministry. We want to make sure the new brand is inviting to young families. (there are several mega church options in our area and it’s a transient community, lots of relocations)

Tell me what you’d think if you were church shopping. I appreciate the feedback.

2 Likes

I like the color scheme and the font selections but the cut thru is really distracting to my eye. I find myself wondering around the logo rather than reading the name. I think having the AUMC completed (no bar or maybe even just small white bar cut thru) would really help.

Super random but I like to brainstorm, this logo being the kind of “L” shape that it is would be difficult to then apply to shirts, hats, bumper stickers, etc as you’re forced into a lot of white space with the flames on the left. Obviously you can have a different logo for that application.

8 Likes

That’s what I needed. I’m not a trained designer, but I’ve launched 3 rebrands in other jobs.

I was doing the brand prep work for a freelancer and my boss loved it and wanted to run with this one. Thanks so much!

We were going to just use the A with the flame as an icon and the words can be used without the flame.

This project has driven me bananas. So many stakeholders. :laughing:

2 Likes

I thought similarly to @AlecM. Also, does your church have a motto or something simple that summarizes your beliefs? If I was church shopping, something like that would catch my attention. It could be something small below the AUMC. To balance it, you could put the full church name at the top and motto at the bottom.

8 Likes

Yes. “Serve God, love others.”

7 Likes

Mis clicked and landed in the free forum. I am now obsessed with AR1 and Robert28

I want to believe their interactions back and forth is an act.

10 Likes

Oh no, there are multiple years of threads of them going back and forth with each other :joy::joy:

6 Likes

I feel like that should definitely be on there somewhere.

2 Likes

This thread has me in tears:

Where is @jake4

8 Likes

“Are not!”

“Are too!”

5 Likes

I’m dying :joy::joy::joy:

Every time I go to the free board…

8 Likes

If this is any of you, Congrats!

2 Likes