Completely Random

And engineers and physicians are not.

1 Like

Yeah, I canā€™t finish all that. Not really sure I can even tell what Robert is trying to say most of the time. I hate that fans of other schools might peruse the free boards and think that itā€™s representative of our fanbase.
Yikes.

1 Like
4 Likes

Not as important as me! :wink:

2 Likes

Haha thatā€™s true! Though I do know a few folks with fellowships/assistantships that make more than some of my colleagues.

1 Like

I admit I am not a graphic designer but I am fascinated by folks who are talented with logos. I like the simplestic nature of the flame logo. However, the flame to the left seemed a bit harsh and looks like something is on fire. I suppose you could argue ā€œbeing on fire for Godā€ (a positive connotation) but that flame looked a bit ominous ā€¦ more like a hell-like fire than a light of the earth God fire :rofl: Sorry, that sounds mean which it isnā€™t meant to be, but it when I saw the color/design thatā€™s what I thought ofā€¦shame on me. Maybe if you changed the color to not be two-tone or to only use the orange color? The red color is what is making it look more harsh IMHO. And thatā€™s not just because Iā€™m a OkState fan, LOL :wink:

1 Like

Can you imagine someone from Wisconsin stumbling across the free board and trying to decipher it. :flushed:

6 Likes

Oh no, itā€™s supposed to be a modern take on the cross & flame of UMC.That flame represents the flame of Pentecost (when the apostles meet and the Holy Spirit appears as a flame over their heads & they speak in a multitude of languages, then they go share the good news all over the world.)

Our pastors are attached to the logo but also know we need to have a local brand.

But this is great feedback because it means if you arenā€™t familiar with UMC it can be weird. So thank you!!!

1 Like

I admit Iā€™m not familiar with UMC - sorry. I attend a non-denominational Christian church. Sounds like you should keep the design since itā€™s important to your denomination identity and ignore my dumb attempt to help! Told ya I was bad at logos :wink:

1 Like

No maā€™am! Do not apologize at all. Iā€™m not good at this either. I can explain it and story it easilyā€¦ but I want it to be intuitively understood and thatā€™s really a special talent. I actually think we probably need to pay an agency. :blush:

1 Like

How do you gentiles (@cowgirl4life) not know about the flame of the holy spirit?

Pitiful!

1 Like

I know about the flame but never seen one look like that :wink:

1 Like

Isnā€™t UMC the largest demonination in the country?

Didnā€™t UMC just divorce itself?

I think itā€™s Southern Baptist and UMC is second.

1 Like

@lmand this is what I had seen before for the flame (although again, Iā€™ve never attended a UMC). I think you said yours is an updated version. I just hadnā€™t seen your version before. If thatā€™s the new version, you should stick with it.

flame

1 Like

Yes itā€™s going through a schism. I wish theyā€™d hurry it up too. Itā€™s been close to a decade

1 Like

Yep, you got your Boston Aves and you got your Asburys.

8 Likes

Donā€™t eat anything on your way out!

5 Likes