ESPN's Paul Finebaum on Bedlam Split: 'Nobody Cares. We're Talking About Stillwater, Oklahoma'

Please tell us just when folks here on an OSU forum started giving a shi*t about what OU fans think or want.

2 Likes

Well you are kind of right. OSU fans used to love bedlam, in all sports BTW, fast forward to today and a lot of OSU fans are ok with telling OU to go pound sand when it comes to making an effort to continue bedlam.

2 Likes

Here’s the difference:

Coach Gundy is paid by Ok State. As a function of his job, he promotes Ok State.

Paul Finebaum is paid $5 million a year by ESPN to promote the SEC. Paul is employed by ESPN to promote the myth of SEC superiority and drive up market share.

3 Likes

Finebaum, who makes $5 million per year at ESPN, agreed to a multi-year extension in July 2018 after becoming the face of SEC Network during its massively successful launch four years prior. Source: Paul Finebaum asked about future at ESPN

1 Like

Then go get a copy of Spelling 101.

It depends on what you’re looking for. If you’re looking to win conference titles, and beat your rival more often than not it’s a great place to be.

That doesn’t sound like “kinda right”. That sounds more like hitting the nail in the coffin. A lot of OSU fans are saying they’re pissed with OU because they decided to leave without proper warning. You know dam well as I do if we put a truth serum in all of them the main reason is they’re tired of watching Gundy find ways to lose the game.

You might pick up a copy yourself joy. You’ve turned into a complete goon, course we already knew that. You just came out of the closet

1 Like

Well this is a silly take and you know it. Troll.

4 Likes

No, that’s not it!!! I’m realistic about things. When I watch a program other than OU beat our arse and win more titles than we have over the last decade (with four different coaches btw) . I’m not stupid or naive enough to assume we’re going to be the top dogs in the new conference.

All:
In all fairness, Tuscaloosa sounds like a nice place to live. It is much larger than Stillwater. Tuscaloosa actually qualifies for MSA status, with a population of about 280,000. All of Payne County is about 80K population. And no MSA status.

Paul Finebaum has no reason to insult Stillwater (other than simply earning his $5 mil ESPN salary), however we shouldn’t assume Tuscaloosa isn’t a nice place to live.

3 Likes

Not to mention your only a couple hours from gulf shores.

2 Likes

I was impressed that Paul knew it was Stillwater. I thought Birmingham, Mobile no you are right CowPoke Mike… it’s Tuscaloosa!

3 Likes

Mike Gundy hasn’t said anything significant since ‘I’m 40, I’m a man.’ “What he (Gundy) said yesterday is nonsensical.”

I guess you misread cause that sounds like he’s talking about Gundy.

1 Like

Yes, I like seeing Gundy loose. It means he’s confident and can dance better during the post-game celebration.

2 Likes

Fair enough and who am I to argue with “beer”?

But I do want to opine: more population doesn’t always translate to nicer.

1 Like

He may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don’t let that fool you… he really is an idiot.

4 Likes

I accept your opine. I mixed two concepts, nice place and population. Not knowing anything about Tuscaloosa (I’ve never been there), I skimmed two travel websites. It does seem like a nice place. Then I noticed the population. This surprised me. I included the numbers. But I didn’t mean to imply bigger is better.

But speaking of beer, I found a list of Birmingham craft breweries: https://bhamnow.com/2021/09/17/your-guide-to-14-birmingham-area-breweries-what-to-order-at-each/

3 Likes

" the myth of SEC superiority"

You feel as though its a myth that the SEC is a superior Conf?

Counterpoint: you probably hear Paul Finebaum talking in the wild more often in Tuscaloosa, so…

2 Likes