Fire Gundy Nonsense

So I have seen a lot of people talking about whether or not they like or trust Gundy to turn things around. Personally I like Gundy, although I disagree with some of his choices I think he is the best coach that OSU has ever had. I am interested in hearing others thoughts not only on why you think he should not be the coach, but who would replace him? Who can OSU get that would be able to be as consistent as Gundy?

1 Like

People are all in on the fire Gundy train, until you ask who the replacement should be. Thatā€™s where things go silent.

3 Likes

Only person that excites me, and I could see wanting to come would be Todd Monken.

Luke Fickell, Gus Mahlzan, Willie Fritz, Brent Venables, Todd Monken would all be worth looking at.

Graham Harrell would be another one to look at.

1 Like

Ryan Silverfield of Memphis. Thereā€™s your replacement.

If we were looking today, Jeff Traylor at UTSA would be my first call.

Iā€™m having a tough time figuring out what is so nonsensical about the idea.

1 Like

Iā€™d call Eric Bieniemy. He isnā€™t getting a call in the NFL.

Im not saying itā€™s nonsensical, I just hadnā€™t heard anyone offer an idea of who it should be. I know people are tired of losing Bedlam, but Im not sure what coach is going to be able to recruit and get people into OSU better than Gundy.

Thatā€™s why they are where they are because he/they are not recruiting well enough.

I can only speak for the school I am associated withā€¦ but he/they have recruited about as poorly as any program that has recruited or visited the school since he became the head coach.

Thereā€™s more to be had but Cowboy football fans donā€™t demand more or have higher expectations.
Until that changesā€¦ mediocrity is the modus operandi unfortunately.

2 Likes

Baaaaaaaa ha ha ha ha ha. Never call robert stupid ever again. I donā€™t care if he spells his name with a 4 and a comma, nothing he ever says will be as stupid as this post. And you said it with such confidence! Probably while peeing your pants.

Eric Bienemy! Why not Nick Saban? Man. Thank you, Thomas. This question has truly revealed the clowns.

Continue to throat Gundy for all I care. You evidently donā€™t think much of the university. ā€œWeā€™re just lil ole Oklahoma State, we shouldnā€™t have any expectations or desire to improve.ā€ You accept this garbage because youā€™re content with things being mediocre, just like your wife most likely is.

1 Like

Wow. Let it rip. He really hurt u. Itā€™ll be ok.

I donā€™t think enough of our university? If youā€™re a graduate, Iā€™m not thinking very highly of our academics right about now.

This is you: We should fire Gundy because he a.) peaked in 2011 b.) couldnā€™t beat his rival and c.) couldnā€™t win his conference.
Somehow also you: Letā€™s hire Gus Malzahn.

This is you: Gundy hasnā€™t evolved this offense. He hasnā€™t innovated in ten years.
Somehow also you: We should hire our OC from ten years ago.

Iā€™ve long suspected that you guys just throw out whatever complaints you think can be crammed into this weekā€™s game, but those two thoughtless suggestions in particular prove you donā€™t actually believe what you say or know what youā€™re talking about.

At least three of the guys are gettable and somewhat fit the mold of what youā€™d want in a new coach, but then you said Venables. Thatā€™s not QUITE as stupid as Eric Bienemy, but youā€™re thinking a stellar coordinator from a top 2 team in the country, the highest paid coordinator in the country, is coming back to the conference where he was often frustrated due to the offensive talents he faced weekly, a shaky Power 5 conference at a small market, overlooked school? Living in a fantasy world. Why not Dabo himself if Venables turns us down? Saban? Meyer? Why do you think so little of our school? On top of that, is defense our biggest concern currently?

Letā€™s not talk about wives. Put your mom on so I can talk to an adult.

1 Like

You think suggesting Eric Bieniemy is funny? You donā€™t think heā€™s qualified? The most successful OC in NFL the last 4 years and in a league that has a rule that minorities have to be interviewed, he got zero interviews for the 7 opening this year. Doug explains it better than me. Doug Gottlieb: ā€œI talked to three different people in three different front offices last night and I was trying to figure out ā€˜Whatā€™s the deal?ā€™ No one disliked Bienemy, there was nothing in a background check that wouldnā€™t let you hire him, and there was nothing in regards to somebody you didnā€™t enjoy the conversation with. Nobody was like ā€˜I CANā€™T WORK WITH THIS GUY.ā€™ But it was interesting because with each different job that I had spoken to somebody about, it felt like the way in which it was described was that it wasnā€™t that he wasnā€™t prepared, or that he didnā€™t have a general plan, it was just that he didnā€™t have a lot of details to itā€¦ I donā€™t think anyone wants to hire a coach because social media told them to hire a coach, but I donā€™t think thatā€™s an issue of why he hasnā€™t gotten a job yet. If people understand the level of preparedness it takes for each of these interviews and the level of detail that most of these places would like to requireā€¦ Is Dan Campbell a ā€˜rah-rahā€™ guy, yeah, but you also have to factor in that the Detroit Lions donā€™t know who their quarterback is going to be, they had a head coach who thought he knew more than everybody, hadnā€™t played, and everybody disliked him. So what do you do? You bring in a guy who everybody likes, HAS played, and who just has great positive energy, as was the case with the press conference. Nick Cirianni spent time with Andy Reid too, but the difference was that he was with Frank Reich, who was the one guy who really connected with Carson Wentz, and this was all about Carson Wentz. Every guy I talked to about Bieniemy was like ā€˜he was good and I can see him becoming a head coach, itā€™s just for us there wasnā€™t a lot of detail, and I think it might be because heā€™s doing too many interviews while still having his other job.ā€™ā€¦ I would say thatā€™s whatā€™s holding him back from a job. Itā€™s a little bit like Trump for the last six months of his presidency talking about how he has a ā€˜planā€™ for healthcare and he never released it. Thatā€™s a little bit like what they felt like with Bieniemy in terms of he had the ā€˜ideasā€™ of a plan, but did not seem to have a plan on how to implement that, or in comparison to how the others he was competing against.ā€

Well that part about nothing in his past is bs. He was a thug in college. But, Jug thatā€™s rite up ur alley.
We already tired a guy from Colorado in that area.

Well youā€™re right, I donā€™t want Gundy gone till after OU leaves. I want to have that sure thing Bedlam bet.

Yeah, itā€™s ridiculous. Heā€™s a highly regarded coordinator. He wants an NFL position. I donā€™t think heā€™s taking any college position, let alone OSU.