Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 70-60 Loss to West Virginia

All of them contributed far more at this stage of their career

My point is I don’t think he’s as bad as some of you are trying to point out. Obviously if he could scrape together 21 wins in his first year as HC with freaking Mitchell Solomon starting then he has obviously shown the potential to coach in such a manner again if needed.

Everyone biotched and complained about the slow start last season and OSU ended up being a decent team in a very deep and talented league. Just give it a little more time. I’m with Logan on this. If it looks bad after next season then send the man back to New York.

Well it seems that Coach B has had something every year that is out of his control that has hampered his success. Nothing anyone can do about that. But I question his ability to recruit (or is it coaching?) given that this years team has no one who can shoot the ball, no one, not one single person. Me thinks that is not the model for success. If I’m the AD I’m thinking that needs to change or else I’ll be making a change in coaching staff.

Dude I could careless I’m not calling for him to be fired. I just don’t think he’s a very good coach that’s it.

All of that has nothing to do with his inability to draw up a decent half court offense that doesn’t look like my kids junior high team trying to run it

So you’re thinking the issue is in game coaching? And that is the reason they can’t shoot worth a ■■■■

1 Like

To each their own. I’m just saying if you can squeeze out 21 wins with no NBA draft picks and Mitchell Solomon as your starting PF as a first year HC then you’ve shown you CAN win.

I’’ll wait until the season’s done. Obviously 8-6 isn’t a great start but there are still roughly 15-16 more games to go. I mean this team did just beat #14 Texas by double digits a few days ago. So who really knows.

If you can’t shoot draw something to the basket at least make it look half way dam decent it looks horrible in the half court always has.

That doesn’t really explain the problem with FT’s.

Well isn’t that part of development? Seems like we get worse every year on free throws

Exactly!!! You can’t really draw up for a player how they need to make free throws. Each person has their own technique. Shaq was one of the best NBA players of all-time and that dude couldn’t make them his entire career.

Because Shaq was lazy af and never tried to improve it. Ask Kobe.

1 Like

Yea it could be a development thing. Don’t know. Either the players suck or the coaching sucks or both. All I know is what I see and that is a terrible shooting team

It’s all just hard to watch

Joey how do u major improvement.
Each year a kid should have better numbers go look they dnt. Unless u count avery and boone who doubled their playing time.
We’re not even seeing a natural growth year to year.
I dnt know what u think boynton did for Solomon.
The trio when we had with crime dog stayed the same or got worst. Avery and boone are worse this year.
Ice has played 4 years and shows nothing new and improved.
Every time u write something I think he can say anything stupider, but u prove me wrong.

The only way this offense is getting better is either a miracle behind the line or boynton actually runs an offense.
Their will be transfer but we may be stuck with some who all ready transfer in. They would have to sit a year now.

1 Like

Shaq did improve thru practice a couple of years. Then said it wasn’t worth his time. Lol

With some of these coach. I got to wonder if these kids are coach able.

But let these guys throw up 20 3’s a game is not going to help their egos.

Boynton is at a point he needs to see if other guys can play better. Why are the boone brothers on the bench so much.

U can have ice Avery and Williams out there all shooting bricks. Ice Needs to be played more as a Doug G.

1 Like

Doug G. Shot 50% ft. And we have had others.
But Doug made almost as many assist as these team does, without a chit load of trunover.

1 Like

38 ppg and 18 rpg in the 2001 NBA finals. Real lazy pos.

Usually means you’ve improved enough to get more playing time.

Avery and Boone will be just fine. Not even Cade had a great night every single game. Don’t know why you mentioned Ice. I never said anything about him getting better.

You mean like how I never said anything about Ice? As usual though, there goes Robert off topic and talking about someone I never mentioned once. Btw it’s not stupider, it’s dumber. That’s the appropriate word to use in that sentence. You’re really trying your best to convince me you never truly went to JUCO. Just when I thought you couldn’t get any dumber Roberto!!!

1 Like

Umm…did you ever think that maybe he’s at his maximum capacity of what he can actually do? Maybe he’s had an injury to his wrist or hand that never truly got better which might affect his shooting some? He was also a three star recruit. What do you want him to be? The next John Lucas?