Five Thoughts on Oklahoma State's 74-69 Overtime Victory against Texas Tech

Exactly. Good chance he could possibly have to remove a scholarship from someone already on the team now. Definitely no room for him to go out giving them to HS kids.

That just in theory. That would be if everyone came back and ncaa ban wants a scholarship the first year.
In theory we could have atleast 3 if no ban and the 2 seniors leave with cade.
Then we may have some other leave. Its not a great spot to be end.
Its not his fault with the possibility of the ban and extra years given for the virus
I do hope he tries to go for a center and another forward.

In 2015 when Gundy couldnā€™t play Mason Rudolph we lost to OU by 35. In 2016 we HAD Mason Rudolph and still lost by 18. In 2019 when we didnā€™t have Sanders we lost by 18. You can stop cherry picking which years we were almost close to beating OU without our best players. If you are going to use examples so should I.

I would say who you are playing for probably matters a lot rather than location. At least Boynton looks like heā€™s trying to get his players motivated and recruits see that.

Itā€™s better than standing on the sidelines with your arms folded, and punting inside the opponentā€™s 40 while recruits watch you give up against your biggest rival.

Yes, just like size does matter, please tell Mike Gundy that location matters when recruiting. Some of these really good players in the Chicago area donā€™t want to stray too far from home so Underwood landed in a pretty good location. Those players in Chicago have no idea where Oklahoma is even located on a map. Coming from Chicago I found Stillwater to be big culture shock. And none of these players from Chicago would be satisfied with Hideaway pizza! So it might be hard for Boynton to recruit up there. But he needs to try anyway. Basketball is played in cities other than Dallas-Fortworth.

1. I think a person that can barely spell and canā€™t use correct grammar probably shouldnā€™t be calling anyone else slow.

2. Your playing without what many consider the #1 college player in the country on a team thatā€™s very young against the #2 undefeated team in the country and play toe to toe with them for most of the game.

3. Your gonna try to hammer away at a 15 point loss to the #2 team in the country without our best players when your still supporting a coach thatā€™s still getting his butt kicked by OU even with veteran teams?

I reckon we should bring bob Simmons back

1 Like

A lose is a lose. Ur always saying that. Now a 15 or 16 point lose is an almost win.
Double standard like usual with joe.
Its ok to just say what it was. Not a really good game without cade.

I thought u said boynton does show any emotion when they lose a double digit lead.
More double standards.

I think the most likely situation is we get one. Likekele would be dumb to leave at this point as his draft stock has dropped, and Iā€™d assume one of the two seniors leave and the ncaa keeps the scholarship removal sanction. Thatā€™s probably why Boynton is going so hard after the MSU de-commit, we will have tons of guard talent back but need another big man.

2 Likes

The only way weā€™re ever going to beat Ou is if we are supremely more talented than them, or way less talented. Any time itā€™s a close matchup we lose. Iā€™d assume weā€™ll never be way more talented than them like the 2011 season so letā€™s hope we just flat out suck every year so weā€™ll have a chance in bedlam! Lol

2 Likes

4th place is still 4th place. Does 16 years of winning games with barely any real significant wins against equal or tougher competition justify staying in that placement from now on? Is that what we seek for our football program now?

Boynton hasnā€™t been to the point yet where heā€™s had to say to the media ā€œWe need better coachingā€ or at least I havenā€™t heard him say it yet. Most coaches with 16 years of experience or more donā€™t have to relearn what made them successful in the first place.

Brinks truck LOL itā€™s cool I know you are trying to get clicks so donā€™t blame you. You have a business to run I respect that part. That said, give him a small raise but no one coming to get Boynton yet. Boynton knows it too. Alot to prove. I Love Boynton but just saying.

We are in the middle of a pandemic- every athletic program has lost money. Only Texas and a 2 or 3 others can afford anything right now. So thereā€™s that. As for Bedlam records in Norman. OSU didnā€™t care about sports from 1960 to 1080. We didnā€™t try. Had bad coaches etc. Only cared about wrestling and thatā€™s probably it maybe golf and baseball.

2 Likes

U did nothing to explain ur double standards.
U just went to 4th place 16 years blah blah.
I know in ur mind u actually think u win arguements with those things but u donā€™t.
Also, u didnā€™t answer the real issue.
2 and 12 is not an answer, its not even a statement for 999% of things

I told you even when we do have our best player in football we get railed by OU. See 2016 for example.

Does a person that brings concrete details to an argument have more support for their argument or a person that brings none?

First off itā€™s 2-14 and not 2-12 like you want it to be. So you can stop trying to make it look better than it actually is. I also didnā€™t mention one thing in my statement about the bedlam record Gundy holds.

This was exactly my point!!! Give him a little more money but you donā€™t have to guarantee him a ridiculous amount for the next 5 years.

Instead I got people like Robert telling me he doesnā€™t deserve a small raise even if the basketball team makes the tournament for the first time. Itā€™s been what? Almost 5 years? They havenā€™t been since 2016.

Once again I love say 2 and 12 because u hate it, but ur to dumb to ignore it.
Others u said was blah blah
U said we are great with out cade by almost losing a double digit game. Thatā€™s a double standard. Just stop u just show its all about u lve gundy. We all know u have now idea what sports are about.

I never said that u want me to hate boynton because u hate gundy.
Grow up give a small raise if we make the dance and a 2 year extension

1 Like

If anybody is around Stillwater at 4 there going to open new ball park