Football 2020 Season II

I’ve been looking at bowl projections, ESPN has us in the Cotton bowl against A&M which would be pretty cool if we don’t make the playoffs.

Clemson, Bama, Notre Dame, Georgia, Cincinnati

I stand corrected. That would be sixth. Ohio State pulls ahead in my mind if they win next week.

How you win matters to me. The fact that we can’t beat teams like WVU and Tulsa (may be pretty good I realize) by more brings us down in my mind.

I think we could be a top 6 team (or better by season’s end) but have no reason to expect to be perceived that way after not looking dominant through an entire game other than Kansas.

If any of the teams ranked ahead of us 1-5 beat a team with their back up QB not one person in the media is saying they didn’t win impressive enough but we have to win impressively with our backup QB?

And because I just watched us beat a good team this is the first week that I look behind us in the AP 7-25 and I’d be expecting us to win head to head.

Well to be fair, apparently our backup QB is better than our starter…

2 Likes

OSU -3 vs UT :eyes:

Here is the extended view of my logic. Go a few posts down for my “True Blue Blood” list.

3 Likes

Not another A&M match up please. Bowls should showcase new matchups.

6 Likes

It’s new this year

1 Like
1 Like

If you are referring to who is a Blue Blood and whether it is “new” every year, then that’s not how I define them. You can define them differently, of course. I do accpunt for changes over time, as my series of posts describes (note I removed Nebraska from the True Blue Blood list).

Oklahoma State and Georgia are relatively similar the last 15 years.

Agree completely.

But 15 years is hardly anything in my blue blood definition. Takes much longer.

Of course, that’s just my definition:)

2 Likes

They honestly aren’t a blue blood by any definition I’ve seen. They are in the Penn State and Tennessee level of programs.

I was referring to the matchup. It’s a new game if it’s this year. Don’t you listen to coach speak? New day. New game.

1 Like

https://sicem365.com/s/7969/breaking-baylor-senior-running-backs-ebner-lovett-opt-out-for-season

2 Likes

Ah, OK. I still want someone we have never seen before or a long time ago. Certainly not a rematch of last year or even an old conference foe. Give me Michigan, Notre Dame, etc.

6 Likes

Texas

1 Like

Horns up for peace

2 Likes

Amen. Someone other than A&M, Ole Miss, Miss St, or Mizzou. LSU would be cool (but won’t happen now), Bama or Auburn obviously, Georgia, or Florida.

3 Likes

They won the most recent national title in the Big XII…