Football 2020 Season

Yep, hating on Gundy is cancelled.

1 Like

He did. And he didn’t sound like things were resolved in his mind.

3 Likes

Sorry for the language, but he looks scared as shi*. Looks humanized and I just wanna say good for him. Sucks it took THIS whole ordeal.

5 Likes

This is the first time I’ve heard from Gundy since the tweet where I’m not unsatisfied.

2 Likes

On the bottom of the video it says “part of an up coming series”. Curious if this was in the works before all of this

9 Likes

Man, the fact that filming has apparently already started, this thing could start off real hot if they were capturing the last few days.

1 Like

That “look”makes the paisleys and barb wire and badge on the uniform make perfect sense to me .

Do not like it .

1 Like

Anton Jamie Blatnick on Facebook

Thoughts from a former Team Captain on Coach Gundy and his t shirt:

Here’s the deal. Everyone has the freedom to watch what they want to watch. Nobody should be condemned for wearing a shirt. Whether it be OAN, Fox, CNN, MSNBC ect ect. Its a freedom of speech.

Same goes for Chuba he is a young man with a platform and nobody should ever try and silence him from expressing his emotions. I am speaking from experience on this one, Chubba’s reaction to Gundys shirt wasnt that of someone trying to be malicious, it was a reaction of someone who is HURT. HURT young people need to be treated with EMPATHY and COMPASSION.

Promoting psychological safety amongst your team is CRITICAL to have a successful team. If players and coaches dont feel safe expressing themselves then you lose trust and ultimately lose games.

To be a great leader you have to be aware of your vulnerability and the vulnerability of fellow players and coaches. Both Chubba and Gundy expressed that vulnerability in those videos which is a sign of leadership and I very much respect that.

They handled it like men and now its squashed.

I hope that some chicken sh** post, from somebody in the social-media-peanut gallery, doesnt screw up the great chemistry of what could be the next best Cowboy squad we’ve seen in a decade.

Stay Focused
1 Team
#GoPokes

13 Likes

I liked it until that last part. There’s not an eye roll emoji with enough roll of the eyes to properly express what I did when reading it.

That’s like cooking the best day long smoked brisket, then for the finishing touch, you spread whipped cream all over it.

At this point I doubt many of these people even saw Boone’s tweet, they were just told they should be angry about it.

He literally said, Gundy went fishing in an OAN shirt. Didn’t tag anyone, didn’t provide commentary. So Gundy is free to express himself, Chuba is free to feel hurt, and both of them are mature adults, but pointing something out without commentary, is ‘Chicken Sh**.’

Can I just hit the mute button on life for a while?

7 Likes

Part of me died. Who would even think of that?

8 Likes

100%. Talking about empathy and psych safety and then do a 180 in the last sentence and show none of that. Bad way to end what was otherwise a good take.

2 Likes

What’s Jamie Blatnick up to nowadays?

1 Like

Right there with you. I almost broke my phone muting him. Is nothing sacred anymore?

3 Likes

#cancelRook

11 Likes

@kyleporterCBS Do you think there will be blowback when trying to cover cowboy football from this? Will the players hold a grudge and not want to talk to you guys or recruits talking to Boone?

He is a sales rep for BSN Sports. Sells workout equipment, apparel, custom stuff to high schools and colleges.

He’s also gotten bigger, if that was possible. Dude is a brick wall.

2 Likes

Dr. Fauci says the NFL will need to have a “Bubble” system like the NBA is planning to do since it appears COVID is going to pop off until who knows when.

That same article says, " it is unclear how college teams could do the same on university campuses."

I still think there is a reasonable chance we don’t have CFB this year. Or if we do it’s a limited number of games with some teams even sitting it out, I just don’t see how you can keep that many players COVID free for 4-5 months.

Good question. Possibly, but we don’t have much public access to players right now anyway. Nobody does. And I wouldn’t think many recruits are surveying and evaluating the digital media landscape with a ton of vigor, but it’s certainly possible that a few of them do and tell others to not talk to us.

Again though, should the players not be glad they were given an opportunity to speak up here? Is that not how it went down? Am I oversimplifying this?

7 Likes

With Sam Mayes telling his story about Gundy in 2004. Then the 1989 rehash of the Colorado game. He is talking about Oklahoma State right now on the radio, and it’s Bad. This isn’t over, the more things are said OSU if Gundy is the coach.