Football 2021 Offseason Thread

Someone check in on the TTU message boards please

1 Like

We make fun of the SEC often because of how the media treats them. But it’s true, they are the best conference in the country and it isn’t close. OU will gain a lot from this sadly.

2 Likes

I disagree, we would be a real attraction for the PAC 12 especially if we are packaged with some or all of the remaining Texas schools. The PAC 12 is falling further behind the other conferences and a move like this would drop them even further. I bet they would love to pick over the best of what is left in the Big 12 and we would fall into that territory.

1 Like

@marshall Just a random thought, if all this ends up with OSU in a different conference, it would be great to do an interview with writers who covered/are covering schools like Colorado, Mizzou, Nebraska, etc. on the experience. It’s hard to imagine not playing the same schools we have my entire life, and would be cool to hear from someone who has lived that.

10 Likes

I would consider that a downgrade, thus not “good”

Better than SWAC to be sure, but not an upgrade by any means

1 Like

That sounds awesome. I’ll look into that should all this come to be.

1 Like

All the Big Ten talk is a little … interesting. Nebraska thought it all looked good, too, and now look at the Huskers. I think if needed, OSU’s priorities should be SEC --> Pac-12 --> Big Ten.

5 Likes

If we have a few years of a “big 8” conference, do we finally make a conference championship appearance? Lmao

2 Likes

Yes. We are better than Iowa State

I’d go ACC over PAC-12. Clemson is like the OU of that conference and FSU is the Texas. Not much different from the big 12.

1 Like

Unfortunately Oklahoma is nowhere near the Atlantic coast

2 Likes

PAC 12 schools aren’t much closer :joy:

2 Likes

This is why I don’t like this. One way or the other, OSU is going pretty out of region unless it finds a way into the SEC.

10 Likes

I bet Holder feels burned by Castiglione.

1 Like

ACC time zone is better than PAC 12 but I think we would be a big dog in the PAC.

4 Likes

Now the way you are talking… do you have a feeling this is legit smoke?

1 Like

I don’t see how there is even the remotest of possibilities we get into the SEC. Why would they expand past 16 teams?

2 Likes

You’d have to kick WVU out then, no way a conference agrees to be spanned across the entire continental US.

Oh they’re gone the second OU and Texas are. I didn’t even think of this as an option to stay. They’d be much happier in the ACC.

1 Like