Football 2021 Offseason Thread

This might be a similar situation to the Warriors and KD theory… they didn’t necessarily need KD (OSU), just needed KD to not be on the Thunder (part of PAC/B1G/ACC alliance) :rofl:

6 Likes

Maybe partially because PAC12 television rights deal is coming up most quickly of the other conferences so likelier to expand to renegotiate with greater strength. It makes the most sense to me.

1 Like

I feel like we should have a separate conference realignment thread this close to actual football happening. :man_shrugging:t2:

12 Likes

I’m saving my realignment takes for the Missouri State game thread.

18 Likes

Agreed. Until we see “OSU is going to X conference” all of this is pointless.

1 Like

It has been done.

6 Likes

How? B1G is by far the best.

1 Like

I disagree. There are some powerful schools in the ACC. UNC, UVA, Duke, etc.

Ha!

1 Like

My opinion all comes down to Ohio State. They are just another Oklahoma or Texas and completely dominate the league’s politics. The Pac has huge brand names too (USC, Oregon), but they don’t seem to drive every single decision (I might be wrong).

1 Like
  1. B1G
  2. ACC
  3. PAC

This has been my order since all this happened. The B1G and ACC are the most stable. There are hurdles to clear for both, but from a stability perspective, these would be ideal.
The PAC is less stable, but due to the geography( and being the only major player west of the central time zone), they’re not going anywhere for a while. They would also benefit from expanding their tv market into the central time zone (Texas market in particular). OSU would be in a good spot with their TV market exposure, being higher than a vast majority of PAC teams.
I didn’t name the Big 12/AAC because none of us here want to know what happens to OSU if that becomes reality.

5 Likes

Really excited about Colin Oliver. Think he can be one of the better linebackers we’ve had in a while. We talk about Shettron, Gordon as big time recruits. I think people forget that Oliver had a Georgia offer. Dude is legit.

6 Likes

The B1G is by far the best option. Most money…most exposure…the chance to really establish ourselves from the get-go (yes, also possible in the Pac12 and ACC). The wrestling folks stay happy going to an uber competitive conference. The basketball people go to a great basketball conference. It checks all of the boxes and more.

4 Likes

He’s going to be a DUDE - and I love it.
Keep those Edmond Santa Fe & Bixby trains rolling :steam_locomotive:

IMO we need to find some dudes from Owasso - I feel like the past few studs from there have gone out of state (Ohio State if memory serves me correctly?)

2 Likes

Josh Proctor

Yes, but also Tulsa kids go out of state a lot. We need to keep building these pipelines.

There’s at least one star around the country coming out of the Tulsa area every year. Most of them don’t come here. :pensive: I wonder how many Tulsa kids are in the league right now.

1 Like

Why does OKC not have the high school football that Tulsa does? That has never made sense to me.

Use incognito mode to get around the sub

School districts split in OKC.

1 Like