Giving Away Chris' University Spirit Gift Cards During Coronavirus

Landry Jones rolls right… Broderick Brown saves the errant pass from going out of bounds by tipping it back in to play… Shaun Lewis snags the ball out of the air and rumbles for a few yards.

Funny thing about that play is Ryan Broyles gets absolutely leveled by some DL, once the Pokes get the ball. Broyles got caught watching the SC Top 10 Play and got served some punishment for it.

2 Likes

Tylan Wallace stiff arm against ISU

1 Like

Take your pick of any Rudolph2Washington post plays!

Castleman TD against Washington

The Tyreek Hill re-kick punt return heard around the world! I was a senior at OSU that year, and I had friends who jumped in Theta Pond and set off fireworks in the middle of the University & Monroe intersection after the OT win. Stillwater was set on fire that night!

Before that play happened, I always asked myself, "why not try deflecting a low…but out-of-bounds pass…inbounds and see if someone catches it?

Very tough to answer but I am going "old school’ one tough cowboy

Walter Benton “Walt” Garrison - ONE TOUGH TRIPLE COWBOY

1. OSU COWBOY - Garrison accepted a football scholarship from Oklahoma State University with the intention of playing defense as a linebacker. In 1963, even though he didn’t play the position in high school, Phil Cutchin became the new head coach and moved him to running back in the spring. He was a backup player, finishing his sophomore season with 387 rushing yards, only 12 yards behind the team’s leader George Thomas Jr.

As a junior in 1964, he led the Big Eight Conference in rushing with 730 yards, ahead of Jim Grisham and Gale Sayers. He also had 5 rushing touchdowns and 83 receiving yards.

Garrison completed his senior season with 924 rushing yards, 107 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns. He ranked second in rushing yards in the Big Eight Conference behind Charlie Brown. He had 121 rushing yards against the undefeated University of Nebraska. He helped the Cowboys to their first win over Oklahoma in 20 years.

In 1993, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame. He was inducted into the Oklahoma State Athletics Hall of Honor.

1. DALLAS COWBOYS - His style of play and perceived ability to play hurt brought him recognition in Cowboys lore, which included playing the NFC Championship Game against the San Francisco 49ers with a cracked collarbone and a serious ankle injury, but still managing to record 17 carries for 71 yards, 3 receptions for 51 yards and one touchdown.[4] It was reported in the media, that the trainers needed 36 yards of tape to get him ready to play in Super Bowl V.

Garrison was named to the Dallas Cowboys’ 25th anniversary team and was also inducted into the Texas Hall of Fame.

1. RODEO COWBOY CAREER - A “real” cowboy, he spent time on the professional rodeo circuit during the football off-seasons. His signing bonus with the Cowboys in 1966 included a horse trailer. In June 1975, Garrison made an appearance at the College National Rodeo Finals in Bozeman, Montana; a knee injury he sustained in an exhibition steer wrestling accident ended his pro football career. (info from Wikipedia)

I was fortunate to see him play for OSU in person as my dad brought me to many games. I remember him dragging tacklers for extra yards.

I am a first time post to the site. Please be easy on me. I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery and have only one good arm at the moment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oops I thought I was posting to the greatest cowboy ever. My greatest play was Bob Stoops re-kicking to Tyreek Hill. Amazing for OSU and against the Sooner’magic and their coach. So much euphoria!!

Mine is a toss up between John Lucas’ shot to send us to the final four or Sean Love’s top toe catch against OU.

That richetti Jones scoop and score in 2011 gives me chills still

1 Like

OU punting twice to Tyreek Hill.

The punt it again Bob play has to be my favorite. I’ll never forget feeling so hopeless toward the end of the game and losing my mind when he caught the punt and started running.

The tap back in play interception in Bedlam 2011 :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Has to be Tyreek Hill punt return in Bedlam for me. Promptly went running & screaming down the street after that happened!

It has to be JL3’s shot against St Joe’s. I just remember being in my living room, falling to my knees and bursting into tears. My wife thought I had lost my mind, but I was so happy for those kids and Coach Sutton. My wife looked at me like this…ERbpbFRWoAAv1AK 2

2 Likes

Boone’s Bricktown Bomb

2011 bedlam interception. Gimme gimme gimme!

How can you NOT chose the bounce back interception in bedlam… best of all time. Hands down.

Tyreek Hill’s return to beat OU is up there

Broderick Browns tipped INT from out of bounds or the Tyreek Hill punt return for a TD to win the game. 2 plays you can’t go wrong with!