Grades: OSU, Gundy Flunk Another Test as Season Comes to End

Reporters like to do that for sure.

This is exactly right. Our running game outside Sanders has been pathetic and practically nonexistent. Our defense keeps getting sent back on the field for how one dimensional we were. I canā€™t hammer Mason on his first season. I believe before Ollieā€™s 15 yard run we had 13 rushes for 4 yards until that point (midway through the 3rd). It was embarrassing and needs to be fixed.

1 Like

No, itā€™s not. Coaches very rarely answer with any substance. The term ā€œcoach speakā€ is fitting because they dodge or word salad people when asked questions they donā€™t want to answer. Thatā€™s their jobā€¦ā€¦& they do it 99% of the time. The reporters still have to ask. Thatā€™s their job. If they werenā€™t supposed to ask questions that are likely not answeredā€¦ā€¦they arenā€™t doing their job. The questions that coaches dodge are the tough onesā€¦ā€¦but they still have to be asked.

1 Like

Watch the clip. He asked in a respectful manner. Nothing disrespectful about it. It was a tough question, but a legitimate and fair one.

1 Like

Gundy should have handled it better. But families should not be subjected to speculation on national TV. Reporter admitted he didnā€™t expect an answer; then why ask? Bad blood going back a ways fueled this; likely on both sides. Bad question and bad answer.

1 Like

I can get behind the ā€œnot the right timeā€ a tad. But to say a reporter just flat out shouldnā€™t askā€¦ā€¦I donā€™t understand at all. This is bigtime football. Gundy makes millions of dollars and part of his job is handling press requirements. I for one love that a young reporter is doing his job and asking a tough FAIR question. He didnā€™t try anything sneaky. He was respectful. I donā€™t understand that side.

2 Likes

Absolutely. This was a terrible 1st half. Rangel was terrible. Overthrows, in the dirt, behind receivers, too far in front of receivers, right to the DB. The defense made good adjustments. I have no idea why our defensive ends kept giving up the edge and slowing big gains. Was a DB supposed to help cover or did the DE blow it many times. Ollie was also terrible. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. I worry about next year.

1 Like

I really donā€™t think either party is at fault. Marshall is doing his job and asking a question that needed to be asked. Gundys only fault was he shouldnā€™t have brought up pulling his credentials. If he just calls him an a** and all that because that question hits him wrong in the heat of the moment, who cares? Gundy is sticking up for his staff and Marshall is doing his job, and part of being a reporter is asking tough questions and sometimes when you ask tough questions people get defensive and push back. Again I donā€™t see why anyone really cares about this unless Gundy ACTUALLY pulled their credentials.

2 Likes

This goes back years. Gundy has pulled there credentials. I wount call these guys journalists.
Just fans with a blog. I know none of these guys were call for any coaches until 3 or 4 weeks. Just like most fans. When this blog says the same uneducated things as the common fantastic.

1 Like

Good post.

Gundy has all the urgency of somebody on hold with an insurance company when heā€™s on the sideline. Only time he shows a spark is his presser.

Sure seems like heā€™s lost his competitive edge.

1 Like

Q: Have you ever proofread your posts?

2 Likes

What are they then?

This article is an obvious hit job on gundy. He doesnā€™t deserve an F just like Rangel didnā€™t deserve anything better than a D+. Marshall didnā€™t deserve to get that answer, nor should he have asked the question. Three wrongs doesnā€™t make a right! Grow up!!
Gundy deserves to be held accountable, but the question is one that no coach is going to answer. From that standpoint, it was an irrelevant question that shouldnā€™t have been asked. Everyone on every blog stating that gundy should have worded his answer better, perhaps, but the question should have been asked in a different way, too (i.e. When will you conduct your staff evaluations?)
I agree that there are changes that need to be made, but the question, answer, and hit piece arenā€™t going to solve anything.

5 Likes

What would you do if i edit my post

1 Like

Vommon fantastic with a blog. That it was self evident. Oh yea forgot who i was talking to

1 Like

I donā€™t disagree with much of this. For me, the issue is with Gundy acting like a child. Itā€™s a question that has to be asked. I do think that when Gundy goes with the ā€œguys jobs and families are on the lineā€ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦so is the reporters. When you work with/for an OSU blog & the HC threatens to pull the credentials of a guy thatā€™s simply doing his jobā€¦ā€¦itā€™s a bad look on Gundy.

A bit of context here. Iā€™m an OU fan. When Cale was let go in August Venables simply upgraded a young guy named Ladamian Washington. Itā€™s his first gig as a position coach. Itā€™s been speculated all year that heā€™d be replaced. Brent Venables was asked yesterday at his pre-bowl presser ā€œare you planning on making a new WR hire?ā€ His response? ā€œCoach Washington has done a good job, but we will look at everything once the season is overā€. Thereā€™s no story there. If Gundy had answered in a similar wayā€¦ā€¦itā€™s a nothing burger. You just move on. Gundy has a ton of responsibility and privilege within Oklahoma St. I just think heā€™s better than what he did last night

2 Likes

Gundy and this site have had issues. Multiple times and have taken their credentials away before.

So when they ask questions its like you asking questions. Best to ignore

1 Like

Can you try again in English? Moron.

1 Like

Did Venableā€™s just finish a disappointing game?? Perhaps venableā€™s lied! After a bad loss itā€™s just something that a coach isnā€™t going to answer. Iā€™m certain gundy is frustrated with several of his staff and just doesnā€™t want to deal with it at that moment. Unlike your coach who is just having a good time in the florida sun before he gets his a** beat.

2 Likes

Anyone seeing what Lance and KU are doing? Looks like they want to win.

3 Likes