Grades: OSU, Gundy Flunk Another Test as Season Comes to End

Everything you said is true except the last part. He does NOT deserve 7.5 mill w/ 1-mill retaining bonus. Plus you must think the defense is fine cause you didn’t point out the flaws with it. Main reason we lost so many games in the second half, couldn’t stop anybody.

1 Like

Guess you haven’t been on Twitter or Facebook, plenty of criticism over how he handled it. But by all means, keep up the cheerleading for a guy making crazy loot, who’s above reproach, who says ‘he’s a man, come at me!’, but guess that was FAKE or only a one-year window.

As a fan you have a valid opinion on what Gundy is paid, if it is too much or too little. However from a business perspective that 7.5 mill could be a bargain depending on what value OSU leadership believes that he brings to the bottom line. We are not in a position to know if his salary is on par with his value, only OSU leadership can know the answer to that.

1 Like

So in other words, hypocritical. Preaches about coaches losing their jobs and families but PFB’s jobs and families means nothing. A guy who makes 7.5 million should answer everything thrown his way, even if that’s, ‘no comment’ which is something he could have easily have said last night instead of getting his drawls bent out of shape.

4 Likes

A bargain, LMAO!

1 Like

I agree that he could have done a better job answering the question, and if I were the one in Gundys position I would have answered it similar to the way Venables did. I don’t think he should’ve brought up the pulling credentials that’s a little much but I think it goes with his history on the people of this sight. I guess to make a long story short could Gundy have handled this better? Yes. IMO is this really a big deal? No. I think this is just a pis**** contest between Gundy and this sight and frankly both sides need to grow up and move on.

2 Likes

Only thing I’m saying is with 12 teams being in it now the expectations from fans and donors will be high. Especially with Texas and OU gone. I think he’s going to feel some pressure to get pretty serious soon.

2 Likes

Are you Robert Allen?

2 Likes

No, Venables didn’t just finish a bad game. The season is currently still going & the question was asked. That’s my point. Venables didn’t lie because he didn’t take a side. He side-stepped it. He dodged it. He went politician. He didn’t belittle or name call the guy who was doing his job. This isn’t an OU V OSU or Venables V Gundy. I’ve been all over this site defending Gundy against the idiots that want him fired. But he handled this one poorly. That’s it.

1 Like

It’s because he’s a crybaby. Just like some people on this forum. If you challenge him in any form or fashion he will cry. That’s the sign of weak men (I call them boys).

1 Like

Well said. Appreciate the convo.

No the want a losing season. Scoring 53 didnt help them

1 Like

Are you watching Texas Tech? They’re looking good so far.

3 Likes

You are a goddamn moron.

1 Like

Yea 3 turnovers are killing ole miss. Still a half to play. Not sure if big 12 wins any bowls

1 Like

Lol your a cry baby. You said to look at ku. I saw they lost big time. Wish was ku problem. Not enough offense i guess. Lol enjoy your circle

1 Like

There is always enough blame to go around in situations like what unfolded in Gundy’s post game presser. Interesting (if not revealing) that Gundy has had embarrasing PR situations throughout his career. Last night, was yet 1 more example. Gundy reinforced that he still struggles with using ‘good judgement’ sometimes (like all of us). Last nite he went a step further tho, when he ‘personalized’ the exchange by calling the reporter an ‘as’ and then ‘threatened’ the reporter with ‘access’ for gosh sakes! To every Gumby supporter,that should be very revealing…Gundy could have made his point by simply responding …"there is a better time and place to respond to that question’ … Gundy said he did not like ‘ignorance’ … hello?

1 Like

You’re a moron if you think KU lost big time. Straight up drooling moron. KU one of the worst FBS teams the past decade with very little talent is able to score points. They have a line that can protect the QB. They beat the dogpiss out of OSU and your boyfriend Mike. They are trending upward just like Tech, TCU, KState while OSU seems to be in a spiral. Crying is what Gundy did when he wasn’t lobbed a softball last night. Why aren’t you calling him a cry baby? Probably because you rent the space under his nutsack and call it home. You are a loser and a moron Robert.

1 Like

I agree with the poster that this article was a hit job. The author only tells part of the Gundy reply–the worst part.
Gundy followed with this:
“Don’t be an a**. That’s people’s lives. That’s people’s families. Don’t mess with people’s families. Let’s do this the right way.”
That adds much more context.

2 Likes

@kenny4 Did you hear the question?!?! How it was asked?!?! You think that’s “a hit job”?!?! If you think the timing of the question could’ve been better……I can see that side. I’d disagree and say that asking right after the season ended about coaching changes is the PERFECT time it should be asked. But I can see the “timing” argument. But to think that question, how it was asked, how respectfully it was done……is “a hit job”?!?!?! That’s uninformed sir

3 Likes