Grading OSU Football's Showing vs. Texas in Week 7

Defense A
The pick 6 and shutting down Texas in the 4th quarter.

Special Teams A-
Making every field goal and PAT. Not allowing any explosive plays by Texas in the return game. The kick out of bounds in the 4th could have been costly and not having any explosive plays of our own in the return game. Overall nice to see field goals being made.

Offense C-
The running game looked good at times. A couple gadget plays showed creativity. Not the coaches fault the players didn’t execute the throwback. Most of this grade falls on Spencer. He did enough to win. He did a decent job taking care of the football. But… he doesn’t make the plays he should. The receivers did drop some passes but Spencer needs know when to put touch on passes and when to rifle the ball. He sails balls over the middle that nearly get intercepted all the time. Rarely do you see our receivers catch the ball in stride costing us yards after the catch. Possibly my biggest disappointment with Spencer is in the running game. Hasn’t shown good vision. Hasn’t made good decisions on when to run, and in the few times they’ve run the option, he makes the wrong decision on when to pitch it or when to cut it up himself.

Coaching A
There were plenty of distractions last year. It appears those have been addressed and this years group of both players and coaches seem to be playing for each other. I give the coaching staff credit for their leadership.

Comments to PFB Articles by “OSU fans” D+
It is tough to read through the comments on PFB. I appreciate the ability to voice an opinion, and I hope we continue to have that ability, but we need to do better.

The Oklahoma State Cowboys football team is
6-0. If you can’t be optimistic about that and everything they’ve accomplished thus far, maybe your incapable of enjoying the ride. I’m not saying this team is going 12-0 in the regular season. That is highly unlikely, but let’s enjoy the ride.

3 Likes

I think we are all enjoying the ride but when we discuss this team after every game it’s ok to say what is good and also say what’s was bad. To give the offense a c- is interesting. It’s funny how our expectations can lower so quick because of us winning. To say Spencer did what he needed to do to win is a little far fetched. I think this defense continues to get sanders out of the hole he digs every game. I like the kid in how tough he plays but man he needs to be playing a different position and might be right now if our quarterback recruiting had been better over the last 3 years.

But what you said about Spencer on all other aspects is right on tho.

The thing is u guys aren’t smart enough to know who to blame so u start with gundy then dunn and final Sanders. How many plays end with a flag dropped pass or a slipped recievers. It’s hard to call plays if the players aren’t executing ever times.
I’m not making excuses Texas had some too.

1 Like

I think you can enjoy the record for what it is. If you think I or any other OSU fan needs to be optimistic because of the 6-0 than I’m not sure you’ve watched every game. I’m happy about the 6-0 record but I’m a realist. The offense has to be more productive for many fans to be more optimistic.

Who’s offense are u worried about.

1 Like

Umm… Roberto, you just named the whole offense LOL :joy:. Isn’t that what we have been saying? Sometimes you out smart yourself LOL. Yes your right the offense sucks really really bad and every body that teaches on the offensive side of the ball are not doing a good job. Receiver, quarterback, o-line, and coaches. You can’t say that about Jim knowels and company!

There’s nothing to argue about this offense. It’s not good at all.

Yea ur a moron. I said u guys dnt know who to blame. Then I list people u guys blame. Does it hurt getting up in the morning.

1 Like

So it’s the receivers fault?

Are u happy how the recievers did Saturday

1 Like

I said there’s nothing else to argue about anymore Roberto. The whole offense isn’t good including the coaches that call the plays and the coaches that tells the coaches to call those plays. Case closed.

Thank God u going to stop crying

1 Like

No I don’t think the receivers are doing a good job either.

I see boynton is not getting the love from anybody

1 Like

But they don’t get thrown to near as much as Tylan did or James Washington so it’s really still up in the air.

Nope

I’m sorry for u. The hate must hurt

1 Like

Nope

Not as bad as our offense.

1 Like