Harvell-Peel Reconsiders Draft Decision, Announces Return

Almost consensus opinion that regardless of who is coming back next season, we still have a major problem because of some of the coaching. Instead of a true OC we have someone trying to learn how to be that. And still no special teams coach. And I don’t know what to say about Gundy.

1 Like

Ad homs, nice. If you can’t support your argument, just say so. If someone had a brain, they would look at things like program stability and wins. OSU has the 10th most wins in college football over the last 10 years. I get that you’re big mad that we can’t get a bunch of wins against the 4th winningest team over the last 10 years, but if you’re going to lay the condition of our program at Gundy’s feet, I guess good job, Gundy? I know Nebraska would love to be in the top ten wins. So would Tennessee. Or USC.

Yurcich’s offense was very up tempo, lots of deep ball shots down the field. Do you think that characterizes this year’s team?

While we’re chit chatting: Everyone’s talking up Steve Sarkisian and Texas. Guys, what has Texas done since they got frustrated with a great coach, Mack Brown. Nothing. Except ruined the careers if two up-and-coming coaches. Meanwhile, Mack Brown is turning UNC around. Familiarity + frustration ≠ a good reason to fire a coach. As for Steve Sarkesian being the savior of Texas and “not settling” for 4th place. What are you smoking… Er, probably drinking if we’re talking about Sarkisian. He would LOVE to finish as high as 4th place. He never won more than 7 games at Washington and won 9 at USC before being fired in disgrace.

Yurcich’s offense averaged 43 ppg this season. Yurcich’s last season at OSU they average 38 ppg. In 2019 they averaged 32 and this past season they averaged 30. So Gundy has his hands all over it.

If no good players leave us then why do our 4 star recruits always hit the transfer portal?

1 Like

And over the past 16 seasons since Gundy has been the coach. We have the following:

• 1 conference title

• 2 bedlam wins

• 1 second place finish in the conference

• 1 major bowl win

We are like the old Virginia Tech of the ACC. We might be able to win games but we can’t win anything of significance. When we do play on prime time television Gundy makes sure the football program gets completely embarrassed in front of the entire country. At least VT made a national title appearance and had played in their conference title game multiple times.

You’ve just proven Logan’s point. Logan isn’t asking us to beat OU every other year. He’s just asking for 5 wins or so over a 16 year period. Which really isn’t too far fetched. He’s also asking for better recruiting classes which if we are the 10th best winning program over the past decade there is no reason to consistently recruit near 40th every season. I wonder why more higher caliber players don’t want to come here? Maybe because we can’t finish higher than 3rd in our conference?

I don’t even think Logan is asking for us to win the conference. He just wants us to be able to get to second place right now. Even in years when Gundy returns multiple starters with years of experience he still finds a way to finish 3rd or lower. That’s what he means by mediocrity. When a coach gets more excited about playing in a crap bowl game rather than his rival then we have a problem.

U rewrote the same chit stop

Rambo left ou how many plays leave ou. Grow up

Better than I could say it. I’m sick and tired of the it was/can be worse. What a loser mentality. Would a conference title be nice more than once a decade yes it would and I would almost say it should be expected. Second place should be almost every other year. Recruiting is pitiful. Top 25 should be expected. No more “it’s just Stillwater” BS. I chose this place like I’m sure many others have because it’s a nice place. I’m not from Oklahoma it was purely my choice. It is possible to recruit here. Ask Boynton. And it’s not just Gundy sucks because he’s Gundy. If Boynton can’t get it done this year or next he needs to be out. Gundy has failed to get it done for years. He needs to go.

Texas scored 120 in west teaxs u think yurcich had do any thing to do with it. I’m glad yurich is gone.

Yurcich didn’t do bad here. He had a top 10 offense nationally in 4 of his 6 years, with guys like Daxx Garman, Taylor Cornelius, and Clint chelf starting for him. And no offense to Chelf, he’s one of my favorite QBs that’s played here. Didn’t have the raw talent, but exceeded even probably his own expectations and was excellent, all things considered. I think the offense was fine from start to finish in games with him, his issue was just not calling the right play in crucial situations. Even given that, he still had 7 different 2-minute-drill touchdowns to win games from 2016-2018. Gleeson kind of changed the whole mood of the offense with his run-happy style, and it carried over to Dunn. The last couple of games he finally started to air it out and it worked, hopefully he carries that into next year. Especially without Hubbard back there griping for stardom.

Ask boynton if he going to win. U do know that boynton been here 4 years and still hasn’t recruited a football class. 4 is easy to bring to Stillwater we need 25 every year. Unlike u logan we all understand this

Because they’re being outshined by 3-stars like Justin Blackmon, James Washington, and others. Heck, I don’t even think Rashaun had a recruiting profile. I’m using WRs because it’s typically WRs that transfer with us. Guys like CJ Moore, etc just never developed. And you can’t put that on Gundy or Dunn, they’ve clearly proven over and over that they can develop WRs just fine.

1 Like

It’s funny u guys had nothing to say on how great Gundy’s recruits do after Gundy has coached them. Now a jr not going pro u think u know something.

I’m aware there are a lot more people on a football team. I’m not asking for a ridiculous star studded class year in and year out. I’m asking for top 25. Somewhere between 6-8 4 stars a class. Not some stacked recruiting class full of 5 stars like you make it out to be. Quit your BS “it’s just Stillwater.” That is a loser mentality. But I wouldn’t expect much more from a full grown 60 year old man that can’t even string enough words together to form a sentence.

All these great recruits and still hasn’t won dick. You want to blame them or Gundy for that? Or are you gonna blame the O line issues again? Guess what bud, the O line issues stem from poor recruiting. I’m glad we got some good guys. I’m just asking for a few more good guys every year. It’s not a ridiculous ask. But keep on your blah blah Gundy is the second coming of Jesus Christ himself blah blah blah :crazy_face::money_mouth_face::cowboy_hat_face::exploding_head::cold_face::sunglasses::star_struck: ya :clown_face:

Gundy’s recruits do better when they get to the NFL because they have coaches that actually put them in the best position to succeed in the NFL.

It’s because Chelf had Holgerson and Monken as an OC and he had a future NFL first rounder in front of him that helped him exceed as well.

They do? Weeden? Rudolph? Blackmon? Randle? Justin Gilbert? Justice Hill? I actually get nervous that OSU guys do so poorly at the next level.

1 Like

Yeah Jarwin and Carson seem to be doing fine.

Joe Jarwin was a lil piece chit u hate a Gundy walk on. Don’t every use jarwin to try and prove ur pointless post. Carson was play as much as we could when he wasnt hurt. But another piece of chit u hate a injuries player.
We have gone thur this before joe but ur so stupid u cant remember.