Hubbard, Ogbongbemiga Won't Participate at OSU 'Until Things Change' After Seeing Gundy in OAN Shirt

We’ve officially come to the point where all liberals are weak minded snowflake pansies, and all republicans are fat, rich, racists. You are no longer allowed to have any sort of opinion in this country without being labeled as something more extreme. The push to bring equality is awesome, but the shaming that has come with it is becoming comical. Context is no longer a thing here. Logical thinking is no longer a thing here. I hate this version of America. The rest of the world is watching the citizens here like it’s a reality tv show or something, and it just keeps getting funnier and funnier by the day.

4 Likes

Everyone just needs to step back and take a breath. If we as a society are going to get offended by a freakin t-shirt then people just need to stay in their own little bubble of their house and never leave.

I don’t care for a lot of T-shirts, flags, hats, post, tv-programs, actually a lot of them offend me and go against my beliefs however I’m not going to quit my job, quit going to ball games, watching ball games on TV or quit using the internet. I choose to ignore them and enjoy my life. I’m not going to change my wardrobe because a shirt or a hat I have offends a couple of people. Get over it! We are all different but the same.

My question to these players are this. If your offended by a dang T-shirt in college, are you going to sit out and protest and not play for the same reason IF you make it to the pros? Are you going to quit your job because someone wore a shirt to work that offends you? Are you going to quit doing business with a customer because they wore a shirt around town that you don’t like? I dislike racist people and post as much as anyone and I don’t associate and hang out with those people. All lives matter, including the baby in the womb.

Grow up people! Learn to be ADULTS!

3 Likes

What if they did and no change happened. What should they have done then?

Exactly!!! This is the problem with social media. College students (especially athletes) don’t know how to use it responsibly. They could have approached Gundy a completely different way.

Instead, they just throw out everything for the entire world to see which cause a national firestorm. Now if Gundy doesn’t listen then go ahead and throw it on social media!!!

I would LOVE for the players to post on social media their reasoning and belief for what they are standing for. Then I would LOVE for them to provide us with accurate and reliable resources to support their belief and reasoning.

1 Like

Well, there are no accurate and reliable sources for the national issues, because like I said in a previous thread, its all a sad lie to use people’s emotions for political gain. I just hope that there isn’t a real problem in the locker room. I don’t think that there is, but the thought of that is concerning to me.

Do you believe a football coach should tell a black player he’s going to send him back to the hood?

This x a million!!! Thank you!!!

I do not believe a coach should do that. I believe that is blatantly awful behavior. But I cannot help but wonder, if such blatant racism is really plaguing the OSU football program why was Chuba willing to put off the NFL for another year there? I have no idea if those reports are true, but if racism is THAT pervasive on Gundy’s staff, why did coach Dickie join it? Why did coach Dunn pass on the UNLV job to be OC at OSU?

I hope and pray that Cowboy Culture is not fraught with systemic racism. I hope that these folks’ prior decisions to ride with Gundy are evidence the this T-Shirt episode is a singular insensitivity and not the “last straw”.

1 Like

Serious question here, did the kid come from the hood and that’s what he and others refers It to in the locker room. Did the kid get mad and say something like this stuff dosent happen in the hood and gundy said we’ll I will send you back to the hood then? Was it taken out of context? What was said before it? Dude there is always more to the storie and it’s stuff like this from people like you that starts this speculating nonsense.

1 Like

No. I also think a coach uses false motivation to mold his players into being more productive and contributing members of society as well.

You know how many times in the Army they were going to send me home if I didn’t do certain things? Several that I can remember. I also didn’t want to fail. I was young and believed them at the time.

False motivation to get me to do better. I don’t think I would tell them I’m sending them back to the Hood. Seems a little far fetched.

1 Like

I don’t believe there is a context where a coach should say that to a player.

1 Like

Why don’t we just ask past AA players how Gundy was as a person? That should tell us if he’s running a racist program and has racist beliefs.

This is getting ridiculous. Gundy has nothing to apologize for and I hope he doesn’t cave. If Hubbard and Ogbongbemiga don’t want to participate because they don’t like the news channel Gundy watches then so long! Transfer and sit out a year.

2 Likes

Several have spoken up in support of Chuba.

I will have to hear that conversation for myself. Can you send it to me Please?

Excellent point Glenn. I had not considered that. This makes me feel a little better about the situation. Let’s see if the players chill out.

No context would save it in my opinion. It’s cool you disagree.

Don’t forget about the entire offensive line, Tylan Wallace, Kolby Harvell-Peel, Braydon Johnson, Tom Hutton, Tyler Lacy, and Devin Harper. And that’s just so far.

1 Like

I’ve had coaches say a lot worse to me man. Not sure if you were an athlete or not but it can get real personal and real ugly in most programs. That just comes with the territory. I didn’t like a lot of it, but when I got into the workforce and had a boss that came in a cussed me out in a meeting in front of everyone, I knew how to handle it and not let it get to me. I don’t lead that way, but a lot of people do.

1 Like

Things being bad before does not excuse them being bad today.

1 Like