Instacap: Oklahoma States Falls to No. 6 Kansas 76-62

You’re right. We play for bowl games instead of trying to win championships. What is this? 2002 still or something?

One championship in 17 years. In the meantime, Baylor has won three under two different coaches in half that time. You know…the program that used to fight with Kansas for last place?

U said it facilities matter see what a BRAND NEW STADIUM does. I see u woke up in ur rainman panties.

We’re not talking about Baylor we’re talking about Oklahoma state

Being in the top 32 is better than being in the top 40.

The same people trying to say we have no money for the football program are also the same ones thinking we have enough money to buy out a coach anytime we feel like it. So which one is it? Or is the money excuse just used when football recruiting sucks more often than not?

You said he’s the first coach to deliver a conference title in 60 years. I’m not disagreeing with that. I’m just pointing out to you a historically worse program that’s delivered three in eight seasons under two different coaches (one in his second year). I get tired of all the excuses for the man. It’s time to either put up or shut up.

Idk where you get historically worse. And what excuses? You said he dropped the ball with boones donation which isn’t even close to the truth.

If we had someone who knew how to hire basketball coaches we wouldn’t be in this predicament every 5 years, and if you want to talk money do you think it’s a coincidence that the basketball and football program having taking huge strides at the same time at Baylor? No they have infused a ton of money into both programs and continue to do so

Since the start of the Big 12 Baylor was pretty terrible and didn’t start to really take off until 2013. OSU has been a decent program since 2002. Everyone wants to make an excuse for why he can’t win a second conference title. He didn’t even have to play OU in the conference title game. He can’t do it!!! Even after the facility upgrades (which were still fairly new at the time) he still decided to recruit like he was in the Bob Simmons era, and Texas can’t win either.

You guys were the ones saying “it sounds like Shrum and Weiberg are all in!!!” and now what does it look like? Don’t get mad at Boynton for Shrum, Weiberg, and Gundy when they are all just fine with mediocrity.

Hey moron none of them hired boynton. Your boy holder did

1 Like

I recanted. I thought he was still the 65th highest paid coach. I forgot we put him in the top 25 (at the time at least, may’ve changed) for 7 years after doing nothing. sigh

The amount we pay is fine. Locking in a 7 year deal was a mistake. Should’ve been 3-4 years and we go from there. I don’t know why they do it for basketball. There’s no way they’d sign a 7 year deal for a football coordinator like that.

4 Likes

Yeah, $3 mil a year is fine, but not for seven years. I’m sure Holder didn’t want Boynton’s star to take off and have him leave us after the Underwood debacle, but… the flip side of that is that his star crashes into the ground, leaves GIA a crater and we’re stuck under the debris for 5 years until his buyout is reasonable.

1 Like

Weiberg was the one that gave him a contract extension.

You sure about that boss.

I think it was Weidberg but I could be wrong.

Well I mean technically holder still had the position of athletic director when it was made

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, he’s the coach and probably could win the conference once in 17 seasons.

1 Like