Instant Recap: OSU Defeats Central Michigan 58-44 Thanks to Spencer Sanders' Huge First Half

Coverage is needed for our studs to have a chance to get to the quarterback. When he can catch the snap and almost immediately release to uncovered short routes (and I mean completely uncovered as our dbs just nodded at them at times, rather than go with them), no one can get to the quarterback. Our studs had better get their hands up if Mason’s dbs are gonna just watch from their zones.

1 Like

You will need to earn ‘our’ trust back after the ‘are’ debacle!! lol But yeah, mine was worse. lol

This getting old is not for the faint of heart, or easily offended. :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t worry about my grammar. It gives joy something to talk about. Makes her feel useful and included.
:innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I can relate. I stopped worrying about my memory, or maybe I just can’t remember to worry… :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

1 Like

Just calm down buddy it’ll be alright. I find it very interesting how everyone is down on mason after one game. Let these guys get adjusted. If they don’t look better after the non conference schedule then yes I’m gonna be pretty worried about the trip to Waco

1 Like

So in other words we just don’t count it as a win your mind? I’m confused

You need no other words. It is akin to putting words in my mouth. I have sufficient vocabulary, just can’t remember our schedule!!! lmao…

The definition of ‘tainted’… ***

• affect with a bad or undesirable quality:

“his reputation was tainted by scandal”***

Says nothing of it not counting as a win. Sorry to have confused you.

Side note/opinion I probably would had benched Sanders in the 3rd quarter to get Gundy some quality reps or even gave our other defensive reps. I think Coach might had been trying to make a statement and backfired with our guys getting tired. I don’t just me but I like getting guys in with little experience to get experience cause you never know when your going to need them to come but also experience for next season. I would had like to see the game slow down a little but not get to conservative doing it. I remember our TX game when they had Vince Young and we were up big at halftime then Gundy felt the need to make a statement. Yikes on that game.

2 Likes

You can’t bench your starter in the 3rd against a D1 team unless the other team waves the flag and benches their starter. If they don’t, it shows they’re still trying to win. If our defense would have clamped down, that might’ve happened and Gunnar might have started the 4th or late 3rd. It had nothing to do with making a statement.

I don’t know if our defense got tired being on the field so much or it was bad play calling/gameplanning or just inexperience. Probably all three, but it’s too early to say they’re not going to be any good. Let’s see how they respond against ASU then maybe we’ll get QB2 in or against AKPB for sure.

2 Likes

Asu has a running qb that just went 18 of 20. A good te.
After they seen this defense they will be passing more. And we will have to contain him from running.

2 Likes

I’m not down on Mason, but I’m just saying it’s pretty telling some of our players didn’t learn a dam thing in the spring or fall camps. What did they do in the spring and the month prior to the game with the defensive backs?

Several times I watched the defensive backs whiff in their zones, and not get their head turned around resulting in passing interference. It’s not the complicated things a defensive back has to do I’m talking about.

So a double digit win on the first game of the year against a pretty solid G5 team is undesirable?

Half of our defense made their first start and played their first meaningful snaps last night, there will be growing pains.

2 Likes

…SO… in my humble opinion, unshared by you understandably, our double digit win in the first game of the year against a pretty solid G5 team had an undesirable quality to it.

I understand your propensity to take exception and even confront the comments for which you have little appreciation. Feel free to continue… but this is not an argument either of us will 'win. It is simply a divergence of semantics.

However, I am reminded of the old Bobby Bare song by your replies… and, to quote the lyrics…
And, son, you say you still wanna be a winner?
Now, you remind me a lot of my younger days
With your knuckles a-clenchin’ white
But, boy, I’m gonna sit right here and sip this beer all night
And if there’s somethin’ that you gotta gain or prove
By winnin’ some silly fight
Well, okay, I quit; I lose
You’re the winner"

GO POKES!! :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face: :football: :cowboy_hat_face:

Lol y’all are putting this one game under a huge microscope, if it continues then it’s warranted, but right now just chill and enjoy football being back !

4 Likes

Yes sir…

(until the next game, those of us who lack your chill [although you might have failed to ‘chill’ at our comments] have little to do but play with our microscopes… we do appreciate your tolerance of our pastime.)

Godspeed, young man. Anyone that can ‘lol’ at Bobby Bare is alright by me. GO POKES!!

Bobby Bare - The Winner - YouTube

1 Like

Exactly. Mason already acknowledged a lot of the defensive woes we saw late. He’s already thinking about how ASU is going to attack us. We’ll see if he can address those issues and make adjustments. For many starters, this is going to be the first time they’ve had their own play broken down on film. Maybe he can’t address the issues and make the right adjustments and this becomes more of a baseline year and we need a year of seasoning in our back seven before we can contend (or a year where we have to win shootouts), but it’s way too early to say that or that we’re “in trouble”.

4 Likes

Exactly, but it’s typical fan banter, they have to bitchh about something right outta the gate. Half of these fools were pissed when we hired a nobody DC from duke, that seemed to work out okay

1 Like

Who’s to say they’re going to be solid this year? They lost a couple of lineman to the draft. Lost one of their top receiving threats, and their top 5 tacklers. They might be, but it’s probably harder for them to replace those types of players than it is for us.

Who’s to say they aren’t?