Landon Wolf Enters Transfer Portal

I do believe he should have been on kick offs not saying he did that great. Should he been over stoner no. More touches yes. Wolf really screwed up some kick offs

If Wolf stayed, would he have taken a scholarship spot? If so, better that he moves onā€¦

No, seniors are allowed to stay and not count to the 85

Literally none of the players have said that at all. In fact, theyā€™ve all said they enjoyed their time here. Perhaps, just because you want it to be true doesnā€™t mean that it actually is.

1 Like

He has said it before. If 90 % didnā€™t like Gundy espn would be down here doing a revolt story. We wouldnā€™t have 5th yr seniors on and onā€¦

Link?

Iā€™m just going off what every is saying there not supposed to be a limit

I think Gundy has been pretty consistent on this ā€“ he believes this is what the NCAA should do, but thereā€™s been no direction given as of yet. At least I havenā€™t seen anything.

So, if you have 85 scholarships, are you ready to keep a good player like Landon Wolf around for a 6th year at the cost of bringing in someone new? Itā€™s a tough call, but in Wolfā€™s case I would err on the side of letting him go. Malcolm Rodriguez, however, is one I would keep on scholarship ā€“ and I think thatā€™s what OSU has done.

1 Like

Last time I heard Gundy was after signing day. He said we were fine at 85. But I do not know if he was counting the out going class.
If the ncaa waves the yr for the players then they have to accountable for those seniors.

Pretty sure his extra year wouldnā€™t take one away from a new player with the Covid extra year ruling.

That makes sense, I just havenā€™t seen anything formally stating as much. I did see one link where Kirby Smart said he thought the NCAA would allow returning seniors to not count against the 85 scholarship number.

Iā€™d argue that itā€™s bigger than recruiting HS players. OU has sent 3 transfers to NYC, two of those winning the Heisman, and all first round draft picks, and a transfer is playing for the national title next week. If you look in the right place, they can be massive additions.

Just because I liked ur post u donā€™t have to pull itā€‹:upside_down_face::joy::innocent::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

I put it on the wrong post :joy: meant to put it on the 10 thoughts post.

1 Like

I was teasing u.

1 Like

I

I agree it can, but you have to be willing to play those guys as well. Iā€™ve rarely seen Tay Martin and Dee Anderson on the field.

Spot on assessment. Always amazed me how Gundy isnā€™t afraid to play a freshman at QB that might struggle, but refuses to put talented freshman around that QB that might be a better player and more capable of helping the QB out some.

Itā€™s like Iā€™ve been saying on here for a while now. He plays the players that have the highest cowboy culture meters and not the ones who might actually be more talented. Thatā€™s one reason why we canā€™t even get 2nd in the conference any longer.

Joe u know the saying u"ll see them next yr.:upside_down_face::innocent::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face:

Joe I am sure a lot amazes u just getting up in the morning :star_struck::joy::upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face: