Lincoln Riley Reportedly Leaving OU to Take USC Job

So ur saying a 3 and 7 usc dumpster fire is better then ou.
At least he can’t do worse at usc. How could he dang them down any lower

1 Like

Riley needs to back off and leave Knowles out of this.

1 Like

Just curious here. Go look at the 2022 USC schedule. You tell me how many games you think USC wins?

USC has talent, if he could actually get those boys to care about playing football he could win the PAC 12. But that’s been the case with every coach since Pete Carol and it hasn’t happened yet.

You say it hasnt happened yet. Since Carroll left, theyve had 4 different coaches in 11 years. 3 of those had a 10 win season during their tenure. The only one of those that didnt was Sark who won 9 games in his first season. Helton won the PAC 12 Title in 2017. People like to take shots at them because they havent won to the level Pete did. But…Pete had it rolling as good as any program in history outside of what Bama is doing right now

Then he bolted right before all the cheating came out lol

2 Likes

One more game and the goat roper is gone forever from PFB :grinning:

2 Likes

What would be funny is the pac12 final decided to expand. Invite us and we kick riley ess over and over.

If riley just wants to win 10 games then his best move was to go to usc.
I’m not a fan of riley or usc, so if u think they will win a natty ur crazy.
So riley doesn’t think he is a good coach. He doesn’t want anything to do with the sec.
Saban only has a few more years left. The rite coach that takes over lsu could really be good. They did a coach not a coordinator being paid as a coach.
One other thought I thought ou was a good job no a great job. I wonder if something went wrong is the ncaa looking into ou. He left fast. Sure he could have told usc he was coming after his run ended.
Usc had 3 wins and the way the handle it their 22 class is wrecked. More power to riley.

"What would be funny is the pac12 final decided to expand. Invite us and we kick riley ess over and over." The Cowboys won this year and got the best of Lincoln/OU. But I think Ol Linc wouldnt be real scared of facing Gundy. I mean, Lincoln is 4-1 against him.

"If riley just wants to win 10 games then his best move was to go to usc" You dont want to admit what USC is and what they have been. But if you think the ceiling at USC is to win 10 games…then youre crazy and have not followed what that program has been able to do over the course of history.

"I’m not a fan of riley or usc, so if u think they will win a natty ur crazy" Im not saying what they WILL do. But for you to say that he/they absolutely WONT…is crazy. You have a top 5 coach, an elite recruiter, going to a place with elite recruits in his backyard. He will win big over there. National Title? Very possible.

"So riley doesn’t think he is a good coach. He doesn’t want anything to do with the sec". Id be willing to bet that he knows hes a good coach. But its pretty obvious that he was not a fan, for whatever reason, of the move to the SEC. That is something that I and every other OU fan should absolutely be very, very nervous about.

"They did a coach not a coordinator being paid as a coach." I have no idea what the hell that means

"One other thought I thought ou was a good job no a great job". OU is a great job. Its not in the Ohio St, Bama class…but its right after that.

" I wonder if something went wrong is the ncaa looking into ou. He left fast. Sure he could have told usc he was coming after his run ended." Dude, this was in the works for some weeks/months. This didnt happen overnight. There is no NCAA trouble looming. This was somehting that Riley/OU were at odds with. What exactly? I honestly dont know. My guess is the SEC stuff is the bulk. I do know that it seems as though Lincoln is taking this personal becuase he is seemingly GUTTING the program on his way out the door. This is a major, major blow for the OU football program.

"Usc had 3 wins and the way the handle it their 22 class is wrecked." Boss, USC will be fine. You have hammered them on their lack of recruiting all year. But you take any program and have no coach…you would get the same result. We dont have to argue this point. You dont think the USC program and/or Riley are any good. I think they both are really, really good. You dont think they will be very good. I think they will be very good.

1 Like

I’m with you and think Riley is a dam good coach. But top 5 ? Why? Because he went to three playoffs with stoops and sabans players?

First I put did instead of need.
Lsu needs to get a head coach not a coordinator they pay head coach pay to.
Second we will see how riley does.
Third I would be more worried about ur decommits at ou then how well riley does.
I do have some grasp on this. I did say pac 12 and Oregon was a dumpster fire this year, well before they imploded.
Byu took out most the top teams in the pac 12. They would be maybe 4th in the big12.

So Saban and Swinney top 2… Give me your next 4

Decommits…im not worried about. Those will come with the territory. Thats not to say they wont hurt the program, because they absolutely will. Im just saying that WE HAVE NO COACH OR COORDINATORS…so the decommits are to be expected. What im more concerned about is the guys leaving in the transfer portal. Thats what will hurt right now. Losing guys that are currently here hurts more than losing guys who have not signed yet.

Im not going to argue with you on Oregon and USC. We know where each other stands

Its going to be a wild college football off season this year. Truth be told OU will probably be fine. I kinda got this feeling Bob may be back if they can’t find a suitable replacement. If not they’ll probably struggle to get 10 win seasons and struggle big time in the SEC. I kinda feel Riley didn’t want nothing to do with the SEC anyway. I don’t blame him cause if they don’t extend the playoff teams to 8 or ten I don’t think they hardly get there.

Idk who’d I’d put there. I just don’t know how Lincoln can be top 5 after what 5 years? Couldn’t maintain his success once he had his own qb in place and massively under performed this year. Maybe he is top 5 for a lot of people, Not yet for me though.

1 Like

I wonder if little brother Gundy is up to taking the mantel at OU? That be pretty cool two brothers head coaching in the same conference in a big rivalry. Bedlam may have a whole new meaning.

Thats why the need to hire stoops for the year. Get guys into stop the bleeding.
U hope ur not like tcu. They are down to 3 recruits.
U going to the sec and have a screwed up class it will hurt alot.
Riley had to many holds. He said they would be going to the portal more. That caused alot of troubles.
Cb from a bad tenn. A line man from a week pac12.
God someone said it could be like tge blake years . I hope they stay a lil longer

1 Like

I agree also in my opinion only he hasn’t been a head coach long. He still had Stoops helping him and piggybacking of his success. I might be wrong

1 Like

Well i respect your take. But its kinda hard for me to buy that hes not top 5…when you cant think of anyone to put in front of him other than those 2 I mentioned. Longevity doesnt mean greatness or “best” to me. “Couldnt maintain his success” …dude, he won 4 Conf titles, finished top 6 every year, recruited at as good a clip as ever at OU, made 3 playoff appearances…You guys are pretty harsh on a guy with that resume. Id say Saban, Swinney, Smart then Riley.

I’d like us to stay in the big 12 with the expansion we got. I don’t want the big 12 to die. I want our brand to get bigger on our own and stand out from the rest. My opinion only. If we can retain our coaching staff for a few years, win against some good non conference opponents, stay consistent, the new big 12 teams continue to impress and our recruiting gets even better I really believe the big 12 will thrive and get even more success. I been waiting forever to get out from under OU.

1 Like