Marcus Watson in trouble?

And dang it, because I don’t want OU fans to get to complain about Watson because we complained about Mixon not being removed.

Boynton wouldn’t let a Mixon stay around. He suspended Watson and he’s not even guilty in the court of law yet.

It’s not even comparable. Mixon was caught on VIDEO breaking a woman’s face and got essentially no punishment. Watson just got a protective order, which could mean any number of things, not the least of which is that this could be quickly and easily-resolved in court.

3 Likes

I don’t expect a answer, it was just a question in my mind. I should probably not have typed it, I was just externally processing. And it’s still very early.

1 Like

Better not see any more “this follows Boynton” nonsense.

He can’t tell that someone’s going to do something like this (allegedly). This isn’t his fault.

Now, on Watson…if he did this, dude…YOU’RE A FRESHMAN AND HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL. Goodness…

3 Likes

It doesn’t take much to get a PO just fill out paper and you get a court date. Hoping for the best, he has seemed like a great kid. Some of those other kids it wasn’t surprising at all, this would be shocking.

Popcorn.gif

This.

If it’s upheld at the hearing on the 7th, you’ll have something to worry about as the smoke will most certainly be fire at that point. I’m hoping a lesson is learned and cooler heads prevail, but if he did something that deserves punishment - punish him.

3 Likes

It could be a false claim or sending stupid text.

Let’s please not go down that road until facts come out. It’s a bad look.

4 Likes

He asked what minor things it could be. I have no idea and will let the court system give the answer.

1 Like

I actually just googled because I was curious. The order can be a typical domestic one, or it can relate to compelling someone to pay temporary child support before a permanent settlement is in place, or compelling someone to pay for damage they caused (to person, property, vehicle, etc.) Just sharing that.

3 Likes

I want to posit a question that has been nagging me since this news came out:

Am I the only person NOT worried about this, regardless of how it turns out? Watson was the top recruit of the last class, I get that and in that sense, it sucks. But I feel like our other guys can really step up and alleviate the “pain”, most notably Avery Anderson, who is going to make some serious noise. Also, if any of our big recruits pan out for the current recruiting cycle, Watson could potentially be an afterthought (again, if this doesn’t turn out well).

Maybe my excitement is getting to irrational levels.

The Marcus Watson news is not good. We are about to report it.

1 Like

I don’t think I am worried about the results on the court if Watson gets the boot. I’m worried about quality and character of the guys in the program. Winning rocks, but once we start weighing the results on the court more heavily than the issues off the court you start getting into Baylor/Penn St territory.

“Eh, who cares if he potentially committed a crime. We don’t need him anyways” can quickly turn into “Well, we need him because the rest of the recruiting class sucked” in a hurry.

I’m not trying to accuse you of this, I just know that it can be a slippery slope.

1 Like

I feel like it’s a big deal. Everything I’ve read on our team has me thinking Watson (most physically ready freshman) will be a Tony Allen Type of player for us. Anderson (I feel like) is a true point guard like a John Lucas III. You take out Watson and ask Avery to go take on a more physical role, that takes energy away from what he does best. You can’t ask a rock hammer to do the task of a sludge hammer and vice versa, a Datsun pickup and Cat 794 AC can’t do the other’s job. Etc etc

Yikes

Not good

…oh no. That’s definitely not a minor accusation. The police will definitely do their due diligence here, as will Boynton. If it’s true, though, he cannot be kept around. Period.

2 Likes