Mike Gundy Gets Raise, Becomes Highest-Paid Coach in Big 12

I just wish I could get Joey to make a bet to leave forever, but he always slinks away because he has no conviction in what he says.

1 Like

When is the last time you heard championships or talk of championships in his vocabulary? I don’t recall ever?

1 Like

It’s because he’s careful in what he says as the HC of OSU football. He knows if he says anything about championships that’s what his gullible followers will start believing. In order to stay in your position, you must first convince the follower that they should feel lucky enough that we even got to a conference championship game (even though Texas has sucked for 11 years and everyone else in the league has been pretty average).

You also have to convince them that Baylor has an easier path to recruiting than you (without acknowledging that Baylor’s been able to win something with three different coaches). Just be thankful you have at least one conference title in 17 years. In the meantime, Baylor fans will be content with their three conference titles in the last eight seasons.

I remember articles like these after the 2011 season (Gundy has put OSU on the national map). It took us another 10 years to win an NY6 bowl and we still don’t have our second conference title. Also, recruiting steadily got worse or stagnated instead of better after 2011.

1 Like

So because we were down 28-7 means fickell is a better coach?

3 Likes

Dude your the guy that’s only been worried about the recruiting of Micah tease. Go elsewhere

2 Likes

That’s weak…

If you want to reply you should at least answer the question. Right?

No chance for Tease he wants to play for championships.

1 Like

Who is the better coach? The one that finds a way to dominate the game from the start? Or the one that has to mount a comeback against a program thats 0-10 in their last major bowl games?

1 Like

Yo doesn’t like to answer the truth which is gundy never has talked about championships. Joey is right also when he said gundy is careful talking about this things. It’s exactly what we all would do and say if you weren’t confident in setting goals that you really don’t think you can meet right? Would love to hear what expectations yo-1 and Roberto have for gundy in this new bad conference with being the highest paid coach moving forward? Don’t expect an answer tho.

2 Likes

Well, Notre Dame was 11-1, so you’re acknowledging Gundy is better than these other 11 coaches. I agree that he is better than probably 90-95% of coaches in the market.

I have a real question that won’t be answered. Is a college football coach’s main goal to win championships?

2 Likes

Absolutely it is and if not then college football is the only sport not out to win championships. Would you pay 7.4 million to not win championships?

1 Like

We’ll be just fine without him

Gundy with a big time raise, well deserved for all he has done for this program.

1 Like

When Fickell won he faced off against Brian Kelly. When Gundy won he was facing a coach in his first ever game as a HC and nearly lost.

17 years of experience vs a first game HC

Who do you think should win?

You’re right. I don’t know what we would do without all those menial bowl games. We’ve definitely establish ourselves as a team that’s almost guaranteed to be in the field of 80 every season.

That’s what I mean. People act as if it’s a professional sports league. It’s not.

I enjoyed last season, sadly were incapable of that and always will be.

So every 10 years is fine with you?

1 Like

I enjoyed last season, sadly “you’re” incapable of that and always will be

2 Likes

I said ones we could get. None of them would do a lateral move. Also, none of them (except maybe Aranda who isn’t leaving Baylor for OSU) would be here more than a few years, and then where are we?

1 Like

I’m guessing all the people that want to replace Gundy would say the same thing about Gonzaga needing to get rid of Mark Few.

2 Likes