Mike Gundy Tired of Talking Bedlam, Calls Out OU for Gaslighting the Situation

Yea Mel was great at Colorado wasn’t he !! Mel will be fired in 3 years

1 Like

He spent one season at Colorado and got more wins than Gundy did.

Joy you use the stupidest arguments trying to prove a point… yes we know 5 is more than 4 but he still sucked. However you want to paint he did nothing there

Did Mel Tucker take over a program that had been to three straight bowl games?

First of mel took over from your hero at msu and got 2 wins. Im not comparing mel to gundy. I was point out the msu is paying a guy who has more losing seasons then winning. No titles. 9 .5 mill.
Your the one want to compare gundy.

1 Like

Gundy was a big part of that 3 straight bowls if you remember joy, but bowls aren’t supposed to matter remember !! You talk out both sides of your mouth joy

1 Like

Osu definitely building something . Unfortunately it’s going to take a coaching change to get to the next level . Love Gundy but it’s time to move on .

1 Like

Based on… what? Be specific. What exactly do we need that the HC isn’t providing and why don’t you think he can provide it?

1 Like

Look at the past and it will tell you the future . He is not a big game coach . He is not elite . I love guy . I met him high school 1985 . I have been one of his biggest fans . I hate to bring up OU but them loosing Riley and bringing in Venabals may have been the best thing . I just believe Mike has reached his full potential within the program . OSU ( I can’t say we because I graduated from SWOSU ) is headed in the right direction and that is very exciting . I’m only sharing my opinion - not trying to bash Mike .

2 Likes

So fire a guy who went 12 and 2. What are we Alabama.

We need better recruits. You get money for nil we can get better. Big games really. Uo had stops and riley. They never won big games with better recruits. Beside the 1 natty.
Are you one of those guys who thinks a new coach will bring in better plays with out nil

1 Like

This isn’t wisdom. Bill Cowher coached the Steelers for a decade and a half before he won the Superbowl. Clearly, he wasn’t incapable of winning it all despite not doing so for many years. He had all the tools he needed internally as a coach to win, but things lined up externally.

This is the problem with sports fan mentality. It’s all results-driven scape goating instead of any real analysis. He isn’t a big game coach means what? He beats ranked opponents. He’s won both his NY6 bowls. I haven’t seen many games where the team isn’t competitive with superior teams. However, let’s grant your premise, be specific. What about him as a coach causes him to lose big games? What quality in a new coach is going to improve the team? Fans don’t and often don’t even have the information to drill down into these things.

• He doesn’t win enough. (Undesired result)
  • Ok, why is he failing to win enough? (Cause)
  • He doesn’t recruit well enough. (Undesired result)
  • Why doesn’t he recruit well enough? (Cause)

You can’t answer this. I’m not saying this is your answer, but as a hypothetical, it generally gets to this point.

• Does he have the resources and backing of the university to pursue top recruits? (Not HC fault)
  • Is he too lazy/unmotivated to go after top recruits? (HC fault)
  • Does he lack the charisma to win over top recruits? (HC fault)
  • Does he scout poorly? (HC fault)
  • Does he have the resources to scout well? (Not HC fault)
  • Are recruits unimpressed with the school/its history? (Minimally HC could be at fault, but mostly not)
  • Is our history not celebrated enough? (Not HC fault)

Really, only administration can gauge the answers to these questions AND hold some of the responsibility of helping the coach perform better if it his fault, but as frustrated fans, we find the scape goat (always the coach) and assign the faults that correlate to the coach out of ignorance. It’s like our car won’t start so we buy a new car or we replace the engine with no inspection when we needed a new battery then we’re mad at the NEW engine for not starting when the battery is still dead.

3 Likes

Dude - impressive but you out of my league . Gundy is the reason OSU isn’t over the hump . I’m going to stick with that . OSU is building greatness but he is not the guy to continue to lead this team . Wether I be a fan or a professional analyzer . I’m just stating an opinion . How long will the donors , fans , recruits put up with mediocrity?

2 Likes

How big of a factor has nil been the last 10 years?

1 Like

I’m going to. Since you guys love Gundy so much you shouldn’t be afraid to brag about how good of a coach you think he is. Okay, fair enough I guess. So did Gundy win 11 games in his 2nd season at OSU?

Not when 62% of the D-1 college football teams that exist can make one. There used to not be as many. Back in 2005 there were 28 bowl games. There were also 119 D1 teams. Meaning that 47% of teams made a bowl game during that time.

The problem with you guys is you refuse to admit (even before NIL) that things since 2005 have gotten easier for Gundy to succeed in (or exceed) expectations. Right now he only has to face a conference that has two teams less than it originally had as well. Not to mention the suckage of the Texas football program since 2010.

So let’s go ahead and look at the overall conclusion:

• The increase in bowl games made the path to be selected for one easier

• NIL never existed before now

• He’s had less teams to compete with in the conference

• He’s not had to deal with a great Texas program for a majority of his career

Now let me hear your excuses, biotches, and complaints now.

He should resign . He should step into another role . He is osu football . But he is not the guy to put OSU over the top . You compare osu to uo . I get the national championship comparison but look at the big 12 championships ? Look at the big 12 championship game appearances ? I say OSU should have at least 6 championships - osu has 1 ! Ou has 14. OU has not been that much better than us - osu . Ou 14 - osu 1 ! I blame this on Gundy And the people that have enabled his mediocrity .

2 Likes

We had our chance for that storm 2011 until NIL. Gundy just decided that not getting top 25 recruiting classes since 2011 was in the best interest of the football program.

So now you want to compare the NFL to the college game? Both are completely different.

How can you expect to get backing when you publicly tell the entire state that you don’t spend any time going after them?

Jug why do you talk to me. Nil has been around 2 years. This last year has seen pick up.
Nil will be a factor just to maintain they level teams are at.

1 Like

I don’t even have to compare them to OU. All I have to do his compare them to Baylor. A program that used to fight with Kansas to avoid last place in the conference. That’s also won three conference titles in less than a decade over four different coaching changes.

Then when you try to give these yardbirds a comparison outside of OU they’ll make the excuse that Waco is a great place where everyone wants to play football at. Hmm….I wonder what Baylor possibly possesses more of than OSU does? I would think it must be something pertaining to their trophy case.