Opinion: Big 12 Member or Not, OU Must Stay on OSU's Schedule

Why would Mizzou and A&M leave the SEC for the Big 12, which is in far worse shape right now than it was when they decided to leave in 2010?

The Bedlam game is used to sell tickets, its sold to recruits in-state, its also a major part of the TV deal that is had. If that game is taken off the home schedule, as well as the Texas game gone too…

How would scheduling OU turn OSU into SW Miss. St? The only rivalry of this magnitude that stopped was Texas-A&M and KU-Mizzou…and the only two that it seems to have hurt are the ones that are still in the Big 12. Why? Because Mizzou and A&M filled those spots with far greater draws. OSU NEEDS OU to still play Bedlam. I actually think OU will agree to still play that game as a bit of a gesture of good faith. What does keeping OU on the schedule HURT!!! Its not like OSU is having much success in winning that game right now, so the W-L column wont be efffected any differently than it is now

This is weak. It’s all win for OU and all loss for us. They get a win, bragging rights, another recruiting advantage and all we get are a few dollars that could be made up with the better bowl birth from and additional win and a better conference schedule. Wherever we end up we will have a schedule with plenty of “brand” names on it to draw fans and viewership. Playing Bedlam is a no win scenario in regard to football. Get out of the shadow and step into the sunlight.

It hurts us because it’s a guaranteed loss. We all know the game is probably going to be an entertaining one but the outcome is always the same. Why add another loss to the loss column every year when we don’t have to? If it was less lobsided I would be more inclined to continue but we lose like 80% of the time historically.

Like I said we would have to see if fox is serious about staying in the college football media. Why would the leave the sec money. Also the same reason they left the big 12. And I’m not talking just those 2. If fox wants to play…

Of course OU would agree to continue playing Bedlam - it would be the best out of conference game they could potentially schedule.
Since the advent of the Big 12, we’ve basically been on an equal playing field with the Gooners. The only advantage they’ve had is their historical success in the sport. Unless we land in the SEC or Big 10, going forward we’ll be at a huge competitive disadvantage in all areas - revenue from TV rights, NIL opportunities, recruiting, etc.
Here’s an example for you. Let’s say in 2026 we have a James Washington type player emerge - a lightly recruited high school player who becomes a dominant skill position player for us. After a year or two of success, people (agents, SEC boosters, etc.) will be whispering in his ear that he needs to transfer to the SEC to maximize his NFL draft potential. The agent or booster will line up NIL opportunities for this player that he can’t receive in Stillwater. Could be Norman, could be Austin, could be Baton Rouge.
In 2017 James Washington couldn’t transfer without sitting out a year - plus he didn’t need to, because the conference he was playing in was considered on par (or close) to all of the other conferences by NFL talent evaluators. In 2026, James Washington can leave mid-season if he wants to, and get paid a lot of money to do so.

87.5% with Gundy.

Logan u really r going to talk about functioning.
U have come a long way form when we meet. U best and only line was eating paste or worse. Maybe u have laid off the beer. But still at this time in space, if I want to call ou the next bottom feed of the sec u should not try and stick up for ou. U mite not like gundy but we r not changing coaches. This is way I call u a child.

I can’t wait for when ou leaves so u will be gone too.

You’re still dreaming.

We shouldn’t ever play OU in any sport every again! Of course maybe I’ll cool off in 5 years on this but next 10 years for sure. Don’t play them! Screw them!

I’m well aware we’re not changing coaches anytime soon. Still doesn’t mean I can’t say I want to change. I still don’t think you even comprehend what eating paste means so what’s the point with that.

When I see something that’s just flat out stupid like this I’ll tell you it’s flat out stupid. It’s not “sticking up for them” but I guess you’re still mentally stuck in the third grade. Read any post you put Robert, it seriously looks like you are a special needs child having an outburst. Learn to spell basic words and put them in an order that somewhat makes sense.

Just like u a pipe dream gone up in smoke

I see Joey got out of jail

Which one of those words was speled wrong?:upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::crazy_face::crazy_face::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

For once you had a dream and your mother didn’t have to change your sheets.

U do know I lead u around like a monkey needing a banana. I threw that spelled in just for u. That way I say ur a child.

U notice how u were the smoke. No dream just a funky color of air. U will disappear.