Opinion: Big 12 Member or Not, OU Must Stay on OSU's Schedule

You can’t even lead your head out of your a$$hole Robert.

It depends where we land. If we end up in the ACC and are in the same division as Clemson, then do you really want to play OU and Clemson every year?
Our current nonconf schedule highlights has the following:
2025 Oregon
2026 Oregon
2028 Alabama
2029 Alabama
Do we play ou as well those years? And whatever other heavyweights are in our conference?

1 Like

I see ur getting snippy. Is lunch time big boy need to eat. U never thanked me from breaking ur habit of telling everyone to eat strange things. It’s funny when ur mad.

As well we just signed up for an 8 year home and home series with Tulsa starting in 2024. OSU wants to schedule 7 home games a year if we go to a conference with 9 league games then how do we get 7 home games in years that we only have 4 league games at home? If we have home and away series with both OU and Tulsa then we could end up having several 6 total home games seasons that OSU will not want.

1 Like

I think at this point any future scheduled opponents post 2024 are totally null and void.

How does me calling out your stupidity make me mad?

When u get mad u revert to jr high logan. Calling names stuttering and drooling around ur retainer.

Yes it’s ashame people have to make things personal act rude when they disagree with a point of view, yes that is the nature of the internet but that is not an excuse. Folks should make their point, counter argument,etc and leave it at that. It really isn’t that hard. Also Kyle it’s great that you read the forums and provide your input. It adds context that is generally missing from forums connected to blogs/news sites.

1 Like

Not being an a-hole, but the losing of that game already happens. So it’s not effecting your overall W-L record enough to warrant cutting out that large of an amount of incoming revenue/benefit from playing it. You’re choosing to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Null and void!? These are contracts that are signed both parties just like OU/Texas signed their TV contracts. There are exit fees for getting out of contracts. What does Oregon care about all this?

“The best out of conference game OU could schedule”. That’s delusional. That means you’re saying OSU is the best team in the land that’s not in the SEC?!?! Florida St. Clemson. USC. Michigan. Norte Dame. Oregon. Miami. Ohio St. Penn St.

Oh trust me I know the yearly bedlam loss is coming. If we land in another power conference I just think we would be better off scheduling other power 5 teams that aren’t an automatic loss. OU is a mental block for OSU and especially for Gundy. I think any other team that is on OUs level we stand a better chance against.

It’s hard to predict but with OU and Texas going to the SEC the potential is for everyone, and I mean everyone being regulated to 2nd tier. If that happens then no one will be able to compete with the SEC, the SEC will year in and year out get all the good recruits, get the majority of the money (TV/NIL) and will win all the nattys. Not something I’m going to watch or participate in. The sad truth is that it may be too late for the rest of the conferences to do anything about it. If I was running the show for the conferences not named SEC I would stop scheduling games with the SEC and participating in the current CFP and instead form a second association of the remaining conferences with their own CFP/natty. Let the SEC and ESPN go play by themselves.

1 Like

It’s funny but ou is not are best seller so if we can get other teams in to sell tickets we do not need ou’s game

Ok, I get what you’re saying. Do you realize though that that game is the ONLY GUARANTEED sellout every time it’s played in Stillwater? Are you familiar with the way in which that game is grouped with other games in the ticket package? Are you familiar with how much that game helps OSU with in-state recruiting? And I mean all of that nicely & respectfully.

That’s an absolutely defeatist way of thinking. That will assuredly get your program into being a nobody real quick

“OU is not our best seller”………that’s factually WRONG. Yes, they are. You are clueless

Go look it up. We do sell tickets to other games.

I wouldn’t call it defeatist, I think it’s a possibility and not for just OSU but for the majority of college football teams not in the SEC. Also even if OSU becomes a nobody I will still be watching them and cheering them on. Also I will add I hope I am wrong.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m much more active on the premium side on PFB+, but I do like to mix it up … if I write something ppl disagree with I try to make it a priority to explain my rationale

1 Like