OSU Football: What Eight Wins Means in 2020

I’m not disagreeing that to take the next step we don’t need someone else at the head position. All I’m saying is the next head coach will probably be the most important in program history because that will decide rather we build off Gundy and take that next step or fall back to where we were before Gundy. For that reason I think it’s extremely important to be very diligent in that search and if that means we have Gundy as the coach for a few more years I don’t think that hurts us as a program.

2 Likes

You can gripe about Ou and their misdeeds but you have to be able to prove it. Kansas State and Iowa State and sometimes Texas have been able to win against OU, so they are not unbeatable. I know you don’t mind losing every year to OU as long as you get 9 or 10 wins and 4th in the conference, so everything is great.

One thing none of u morons talk about is match ups. First, texas should never be brought up. Until texas plays to their recruiting it’s a waste to talk about. Ou doesn’t match up with big qb that runs the clock down. Witch is isu ksu and Texas.

1 Like

You want to talk match ups? In 2013 Gundy had his best defense and a productive offense, OU was playing their 3rd string quarterback (a converted tight end) Gundy still lost. Gundy couldn’t adjust to stop the run. In 2015,2016,2017 and 2019 Gundy couldn’t adjust to stop the run. In 2019 Riley ran the same play like 20 times late in the 2nd half and Gundy never stopped it once. Gundy’s had 16 years to recruit the quarterback he needs or the defensive lineman or the linebacker who can fill a hole.
Good coaches know how to stop any offense and given enough time do. It shouldn’t take 20 years. Gundy is 3-6 against Baylor over the last 9 years because they can stop Gundy’s offense when they have the talent. Bill Snyder shut down Gundy’s offense every year and won on the years they could score.

1 Like

One thing I love about u guys u think were the only team. They shouldn’t even need to play. Those teams do come to win also. Just weve won alot more then lost.
Ar0 look ur not a college analyst stop throw out stupid numbers that u get to pick. Only # u need to consider is Gundy has the most wins in osu history. And try this one on has the most wins in the big 12 among active coach. See it’s real easy to go and pic #'s to help ur cause.

1 Like

He also has the most losses in OSU history.

Lmao u can’t help ur self. Moron to the end. Try this on. Best winning % at osu coach in 100 games or 6 yrs or last 80yrs.
See I get the best in 3 ways I could do it 10 other ways.

1 Like

Well let’s see: "best winning percentage at OSU coach in 100 games "
There’s only 2 others and yes Gundy has the best winning percentage unless you look at in conference, then one of them blows his doors off. But that get us back to Gundy padding his record with cupcakes in non-conference.

"6 years " ok now we are up to 7 to compare him to like Gundy’s mentor Pat Jones. One of the worst coaches we’ve ever had, so much wasted talent cause he would never go get a good quarterback.

"Last 80 years " in the last response, I was probably a little too hard on Pat since he did have to compete with OU, Nebraska and Colorado during their hay days. So winning percentage has to do with your level of competition. I believe Pat Jones said "Gundy is a good coach and except for 2011, with real competition none of his teams would get higher than the middle of the conference "

Gundy is 83 and 55 in conference thanks ar0 most conference wins
That’s 60 % I’m sure with coach more then 5 yrs he will be no 1.
Go find me a coach who has a better conference record then his non con record. Moron I mean every thing u say about Gundy would be to to all coaches. Go on ou site which I’m sure u do, what do u cry about. If riley was a good coach not lose to ksu isu we would have a natty we beat down Florida alabama escape with a win. Be a loser fan

1 Like

Coaches at OSU that had better winning percentage in conference compared to total winning percentage.
Jim Lookabaugh
Phil Cutchin
Jimmy Johnson
Do you want me to look outside the OSU coaches?
BTW Jim Lookabaugh 65%. Now who is the moron?

It probably doesn’t help that Miami’s HC is the same guy that got fired as the DC for Texas a few years ago. Even though Manny Diaz isn’t a very good coach at least he tries to play them instead of suggesting they hit the transfer portal like our HC does.

Riley’s team played for a conference title every season since 2017 and won a New Years Six bowl. I’m still waiting for Gundy to just make the CCG.

1 Like

U idoit. Name a coach that themselves had a better conference record then their own non conference record. I hope rote slow enough this time.
This is in response to ur Gundy patting his record though non con
His non con record only raised his over all 7 % points

1 Like

That’s what that is dumb a$$.

Joe I know what he has done
That was what u will find on the ou site
All u “fan” cry

1 Like

Why r u telling ur a d a

What is " that’s what that

Not only can you not write but you can’t read either.

Jimmy Johnson conference record better than non-conference record.
You have to be the dumbest person to ever post on here.

No pretty sure u could read it u cant read. I explain in a different way. All coach pad their record by playing non con games. Why do u think alot of conference have kept 4 non con games