OSU Hires Bryan Nardo from Division II Gannon University as Next Defensive Coordinator

Same here. Tossed all the social media into File 13 about 4 years ago – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram. All of it.

Makes us martyrs, I guess. Smarter martyrs.

3 Likes

Here are my takeaways from that podcast, but I’m just a bit hesitant to think this is going to work Maybe cautiously optimistic is more accurate:

• Seems like a really personable, likable guy and coach. Strong family values and work/life balance

• Learned much of his trade from sitting in a room observing other coaches and breaking down film

• He’ll run whatever scheme he thinks is needed based on the personnel he has. 4-3, 3-4, 3-3 stack, whatever. The key isn’t the scheme but believing in whatever you put out there.

3 Likes

That’s going to confuse the hell out of our guys. They were out of position on so many plays last year and they were running a defense they knew. Well, should have known. We had better learn to make big plays and score a lot of points because we will have to outscore our opponents rather than stop them on defense.

1 Like

Yep Agree. I don’t know anything about the x’s and o’s of football but the guy seems to have a high football IQ. Could be wrong maybe all coaches are the same don’t know.

2 Likes

Always the smartest man in the room he is. I mean I think he’s doing what needs to be done here and I don’t agree with him very much but I do think you need a D-2 coach to coach his D-2 recruits. Good thinking coach!!

1 Like

You know Gundy was pissed about Mason leaving after 1 year. He wasn’t going the ‘star DC’ route again. Just like after watching Holgy and Monken leave, he went the Shippenburg route, here he’s doing the same thing on Defense. Just so he doesn’t have to hire someone next year. I’d call that lazy, but when you’re guaranteed $35M over the next 5 years, no matter what, I guess you can afford to be lazy and not worry about the results.

Fortunately for Gundy, there’s plenty of fans like @robert28 who will support him no matter how mediocre the program becomes.

3 Likes

It could work. But it took Yurcich about 3 years for his system to really take hold. It also took 3 years for Knowles’ system to really take root. Given the mediocre offense from this year and now a 3 year runway from the defense, I’m really not looking forward to the mediocrity that OSU will be turning out next year.

2 Likes

Separate perspective: If you are Joe Bob Clements or Greg Richmond, what are you thinking right now? Losing out on the DC role to someone like Derek Mason, an ex-SEC HC and DC, is one thing. Losing out to a D2 “who is that” candidate, has to be a serious kick in the nuts. And he’s not leaving anytime soon, so that means the Richmond, Duffie, and JBC will have to move on if they want advancement.

2 Likes

So Gundy has decided to bring in another D2 coach he can control and keep around for at least 5 years? Is anyone surprised by this? Because I’m not.

1 Like

Have you ever noticed his good hires (or some in general) don’t stick around for very long? Dana for a year and Monk for two years. Bob Connelly for a year. Sean Gleeson for a year. Josh Henson for two years. I’m sure there are more out there. Yeah….definitely looks like we’re setting ourselves up to be the top dog of the new Big 12 :roll_eyes:.

This is why i love chittng on you. Do you read your bs. You just post to post. You did say anything. I know you think you did. Blah blah blah

The problem is Knowles already had a proven track record at the D1 level with Duke and his defenses improved every season he was at OSU. Gundy is doing the same exact thing he did with Yurcich. He’s hiring a guy he can control. If you’re willing to pay a DC 1.5 mil then go get at least a proven G5 DC (TCU did). You don’t have to pay the guy 1.5 mil to start off. If we’re going to cut funding to hire a decent DC then Gundy should do everyone a solid and throw some more money towards an OL coach. Oh wait, we’re still sticking with the one that keeps proving his lines have trouble pushing a yard forward.

1 Like

You aren’t chitting on anyone. You just keep proving to everyone why you’re more than likely the local village idiot where you live.

1 Like

Connelly and Gleeson were good hires ? lol Connelly never recruited a kid ? Gleeson was here one year because he was total crap. Monken
And Dana you knew weren’t here for long. Henson has never stayed anywhere so your analogy in total crap again joy

1 Like

I’m on board, and I’ll subscribe. As long as Michael and Robert aren’t on there. I don’t know how much longer I can handle delusional and uninformed people here.

2 Likes

Bet your arse I’ll be there to stop your stupid posts
I may not stop them but I’ll bring attention to your idiotic posts You’re the one that posts the non truths
You do remember about a year ago most wanted your asx kicked off

1 Like

Nobody said he needed to. You can go find a solid G5 DC. Gundy just wants someone to be around for five years or more he can control. Even if it may not be in the best interest of the program. Gundy is bigger than OSU football now. His pay, thoughts, and mental health is all that matters now apparently.

2 Likes

Learn to read. Try to spot what I said after that.

All that gibberish you wrote was only true about Knowles because his players got older and mature. Stop writing fiction joy

1 Like

Why is he at Ohio State? How did his players get better? That doesn’t happen unless you make them better. Stop being a troll and most of all an idiot.

1 Like