OSU Hires Bryan Nardo from Division II Gannon University as Next Defensive Coordinator

Same difference.

1 Like

Didnā€™t Gundy hire Yurich out of the same conference the new DC is fromā€¦??

So Kyle this isnā€™t the ā€œ intelligent ā€œ part of PFB ? The everyday Poke fans that usually spend their last dollar to see a game, probably not wealthy, but bleed orange ? You have about 15 members in the paid that is nothing but a lot of jokes , their life, their kids ? I read some of it. Not much do I add to. Only way I css as n get much baseball and wrestling news

1 Like

One thing about Knowles is certain, he was strong at making good halftime adjustments that saved our bacon many times.

2 Likes

Mason made them in 2nd quarter. He got sandersto stop throwing pics to goon players. Then they went scoreless :thinking::thinking::thinking::rofl::rofl::rofl::innocent::innocent::innocent::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yes there are few paid guys like you come across the tracks. Then there are guys like head prime mate come over and attack us. Lol yes boone is just tryingto sell tickets to the pay site.

1 Like

I never said they would stick around. The only thing Iā€™m pointing out is there are some out there as well that donā€™t stick around even if they havenā€™t been at OSU long enough to establish themselves as a proven commodity. I just think itā€™s a little ridiculous that the best we could do is a D2 guy and not go grab a decent G5 coordinator.

Then again it will be just like it was with Yurcich. Go hire a guy you can control. Now Yurcich ended up being just fine but was also here for six seasons. Nobody was beating down Gundyā€™s door to come grab him after 2-3 years. Iā€™m fine with accepting the fact that we may not be able to pay top dollar for coordinators. This is just flat out ridiculous though. TCU went and got the Tulsa DC last year. Unless weā€™re in some kind of financial restraints if some kind this isnā€™t a model to follow if youā€™re serious about being a top Big 12 competitor in the future.

Whatā€™s he saying is there are plenty of examples of coaches out there that remain stagnant or never improve the players in their positions even when theyā€™re mature. Programs like Texas and Florida State the last few years have been in this category. The problem here is you absolutely canā€™t stand the fact that Knowles has made defense better everywhere heā€™s gone so far. Youā€™re willfully allowing your hypocrisy to dictate and blind any logic or common sense that you could possibly have.

2 Likes

You do realize that there are multiple people on here that think you and Robert are just total buffoons, right? You canā€™t go around being a troll to everyone on this forum, calling them trolls, and not expect someone thatā€™s reasonable to clap back at you.

2 Likes

You do know that there are 5 guys on here that go out of there way to prove there points to us. Like yourself, you only talk to us, trying to prove to us your pointless talk.

1 Like

You do realize there are numerous people that canā€™t stand the constant bashing OSU like youā€™ve done the 3 years Iā€™ve been here. You do know more than half wanted young asx gone !! So donā€™t be throwing out advice you need to listen to way before Robert and I

1 Like

I donā€™t see anything wrong with hiring a D2 coach. Football is football. In D2 the players are smaller and slower. The comcepts are the same. This guy has a good track record and maybe he is innovative. His record in D2 is not bad. You still need good players to win.

1 Like

Ok joy letā€™s get this straight, Knowles made a difference in the defense, but can you not blast it in that ego of yours that the players also made Knowles !! No one wanted him before ā€œ21 , the two backers were the head hunters plus the rest didnā€™t have injuries. You see how that makes a differenceā€¦ I doubt you do but there it is

1 Like

Iā€™ve only been here since October and Iā€™ve never bashed the program. All Iā€™ve ever done is support the program for the best even though the guy making 7.5 mil to run it doesnā€™t seem like he has a vested interest in saving it in any way.

1 Like

Thanks for finally giving some credit where itā€™s due.

2 Likes

Football is football you are right D2 coaches can coach at a higher level but, when these guys come in to a D-1 program they are shell shocked to the point they donā€™t want to mess up their extraordinary opportunity so they instinctively coach scared. The problem with our program is the Jimmyā€™s and Joeā€™s. Gundy canā€™t get the Jimmyā€™s and Joeā€™s. When you canā€™t get to Jimmyā€™s and Joes you donā€™t win conference championships. Easy concept. Gundy needs to hit the road.

1 Like

Does anybody on this forum really think a coach that has been coaching the same team for 19 years that has had the same recruiting class average for those 19 years all of a sudden going to start getting the jimmy and joes and start winning conference championships or getting to the playoffs by beating everybody in the conference? If you think this could happen I got some bad news for you then. Itā€™s never happend in the history of college football and it will be the first. Good luck. As long as gundy is here you as a fan will continue to get on these forms with your expectations in the beginning of each year thinking osu can win at a high level only to be disappointed aging.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how our linebacker depth is but I know a bit about the 3-3-5, you need depth there and at the secondary level. You need really good LBs and they need to be in sync. I like it better than the 2-4-5 but can be hard to stop the run with. Seems like everything is about to change even on offense. I just hope we have the right guys to play this new style and not installing something these kids have no experience with because there will definitely be growing pains.

In previous posts you have alluded to the fact of commenting on this forum 3 years ago. Obviously that was done under a different handle, since we donā€™t know your previous identity and canā€™t verify anything that you have said in the past Iā€™m going to hold off on believing this claim.

3 Likes

He was brought in because of his familiarity with the 3-3-5. Thatā€™s what the base defense will be in Stillwater