OSU Is at the Big Boy Table, Here's To Hoping It Continues to Trickle Down to Other Sports

He needs to donate a healthy percentage of it to the purchase of an offensive line.

If oSu wants to compete on the national level then the NIL money is going to have to come into play. Texas basically said we will pay you to come here. The SEC schools have been doing that for years. No I don’t have proof of that but, surely one doesn’t think that the all mighty Saban is the best coach on the planet? The same with OU. Lots of lawyers and doctors shuffle money their way. Does Gundy deserve a raise? I say yes. Is his coaching worth what he is being paid? Look at what pro athletes are being paid and yet none of them have been in conflicts overseas. Look at and how the veterans are taken care of. In my opinion the coaches across college sports and pro sports are overpaid. Same with pro athletes.

1 Like

Will someone please explain the NIL to this man?

2 Likes

No need to. I already know.

That was sarcasm Campbell came out and said they don’t play for championship.

1 Like

You can’t when you’ve already been eliminated from the conversation. If you don’t believe me go ask Gundy. He has that experience.

Why are you even posting. Did you read the title, this is the big boy table.
Campbell won’t see any championship

1 Like

OSu is looking to insure Gundy is in place once OU and UT leave so we can compete year in year out with Baylor for the Big 12 Championship. It’s part insurance as replacing Gundy would be a significant program setback, and likely a succession of stepping stone hires.
OSU like several Big 12 programs are always very lucky when they find coaches that want to live in Smallsville USA. Say what you want, but if you’re making $500K+, cost of living is less important than Big Metro amenities to most. Gundy and wife being from the area makes him a very good fit.

Don’t know if fans noticed, but Gundy is crushing recruiting in state. This incoming class has some amazing talent, 6 4*s that appear legit.

Holder was a good AD at a lot of things, but never could develop a “partnership” with his “bring home the bacon” coaches that paid all the bills. Wieberg appears to be off to a great start in this respect.

What we also need to see is a a Name Image program for the players. I don’t know how that all works, but schools like (as example) UT with their Whorns Network studio can probably spin things well.

2 Likes

And Gundy hasn’t seen one for 10+ years. I’m curious to see how long he can keep the streak alive.

Well you argue Gundy sucks after finishing in the Top TEN playing the 7th toughest football schedule.

Gundy’s contract will be the death of OSU football’s recent success. The only reason you pay someone that much is if 1) they’ve won titles 2) you afraid of them leaving for somewhere that will pay more. Gundy has won 1 conference title with no playoff appearances. He’s not going anywhere. I don’t understand how people don’t see how this is all going to end. Remember Bob and Nathan Simmons? Mike and Gunnar will be part 2.

2 Likes

Lol you seem to have taken a hit to the head.
Since gunnar has only played 3rd string mop up and wasn’t even allowed to pass the ball.
You think shane was pushed out.
Gundy is taking a Russian bibe like Biden.

1 Like

I think you are dreaming if you think Gundy will compete consistently.

1 Like

When Mark Dantonio retired from Michigan State in 2020 he was making 4.3 mil a year. In 13 seasons at Michigan State he won 3 conference titles and made the CFP.

In just year 2 at Baylor Dave Aranda already has a conference title. He’s received a contract extension, but to the extent of how much I’m not sure. It’s definitely not as much as Gundy’s.

Luke Fickell has been the coach at Cincinnati since 2017. After making the CFP he was given a two-year extension and 5 mil a year.

Those are all coaches who have won a conference title and/or made the CFP in very little time. Gundy has been working on just trying to win his second conference title for 10 years now, and we actually have clowns on this forum who BELIEVE he’s going to lead OSU into a new golden age once OU and Texas leave. Let’s continue to give raises though.

1 Like

Yea I say so too Joey , Gundy isn’t paid enough. Up his salary another couple of million. I’ve watched the Floyd Gass years till now and the only championship we shared was with Stanley then we went straight to probation. One shared championship in 60+ years and a lot of bad years in football. Location and money , that’s the difference.

If location was anything, the Florida and California would win the national championship every year.

1 Like

They use to. The they got bad coaches.
Since the first Miami natty Florida the state has more natty’s then any other state.

Usc is a bb for a reason.

1 Like

Shared lol almost half the league got in on that title. Lmao. And we weren’t the top dog on that title. That’s why we got stuck in a chit bowl.

1 Like

It’s funny that every kid isn’t headed to Tuscaloosa for spring break every year.

1 Like

What does that have to do with anything. You say the stupidest things.
You just bought up a great location that was made years ago. When we were happy with just bb and wrestling. They get a lot of players out of Alabama too.

Thank you for helping me prove location matters.

1 Like