OSU, OU ADs Say Bedlam Series Will End When OU Joins the SEC

You think college football will grow by making ten or 20 schools like wazzu or georgia tech g5.
That is the most arrogant thing you have every said. Why do you think every sport has increase their playoffs.

Tomato slice read your post. You think uo is doing a great job because of their coaches and ad. It was the decades long ago of doctor, lawyers and other big donors playing to play that built uo’s logo.

Your other great talk is uo will be fine in sec. Uo can stop losing 2 games a year. There playing teams not named texas that are well behind them in recruiting. Sec has what 7 or 8 schools a year in the top 25. And, we here all the time about sec home games. You guys will have to raise the bar at norman.

Dude you’re a fool. You can’t have a discussion. You just throw feces at the wall. There are some good posters on here. You are one of three that are absolute morons.

You tell me why you think D-1 football expanded its playoff?

Pretty sure you were screaming last year on here about the gentleman’s agreement between the PAC 12 & BIG 10 about not scheduling the SEC…….only to see that last about 72hrs.

You also were screaming how when the initial playoff expansion was voted down that it was terrible for the SEC/OU/TX………& I told you it would still happen. It’s because of money brotha. Period. End of story.

Well you come on here act all nice then saying stupid stuff

Your main deal is you dnt like what i point out and call you tomato slice.

So, come on explain how making less teams expands the fan base of college football. Most g5 stadiums are like 3ok for a reason. There are alot of large g5 school.

Houston is 30k students has a had time getting 30k on game day. Osu is 24k but doubles its game day. Im sure there are a bunch of g5 fans saying they need to wash their car instead of watching 4 games in a day.

Are you saying when riley showed up or brent they recruited only on there name. Bud, barry and the big donors had nothing to do with it. You really think joe and brent want to play 9 sec games and in November play us.

Dude you never make a point. How could I get upset by you? I entertain you on times like today when I’m sitting here waiting. Outside of that, I don’t even respond to you. You make zero sense and there’s only one poster that remotely finds you interesting. The rest wish you’d disappear.

So @robert28 I’ll ask you……why do you think the playoff was expanded?

That agreement was a joke. I never said anything like that since schools already have schedules. I laugh at people when they want to do conference challenges.

I do remember you explaining how Oregon was going to the playoff. I never bought in to that.

I said there was no way the expansion was going to happen like you thought it would. 6 conference champs was not what you where pushing. You were push uo would get in at 8 and 4. Itll be tuff for a 9 and 3 team to get in now.

Lol ive made point you ignore or deflect. Ive repeat points your still dnot answer

Everybody knows. Ive answered why they want expansion. Get more teams involved, more games, leads to more money. This expansion is not what the sec was wanting. The way they were looking at it there would be 5 sec teams every year.

Reading between the lines @robert28 does make one point. The very disingenuous comment by OU, fans and administration, making statement to the effect that they want bedlam to continue and trying to make it look like it’s OSU fault that it is not. In my book that’s just twisting the knife and provides another reason to tell OU to F$#K off.

2 Likes

I think it’s all semantics. OU isn’t the only Administration or entity that puts a spin on the narrative. I do find it comical when someone insinuates that OSU is telling OU to F off somehow in this deal. OU needs Bedlam or OSU is like saying the SEC needs OU or Texas.

And I haven’t seen anything remotely close to an outpouring of OU fans begging for Bedlam to resume. I for one couldn’t care less if it’s lost. I want to keep the Texas rivalry game every year.

Thats good because were all happy for you. Now you can hang out with them on their site.

If we do play OU then fine. If we don’t play OU then fine. A scheduled out of conference game against OU would always be a good win on the schedule. However, it’s not going to hurt my feeling to continue watching Gundy find different ways to lose that game.

I know why most OSU fans don’t want to play OU any longer. It’s because we can’t stand losing that game. Most here won’t admit it, but I will. Also, not only is Gundy afraid of it. He knows it means another loss for career percentage.

No, that isn’t why.

1 Like

khabib-adios

2 Likes

Yep it’s obvious that bedlam is/was low on the priority list by the powers that be at OU. Now they should own that fact and move on instead of trying to spin it into something else.

2 Likes

Well comical or not yes a lot of us are telling OU to f$%k off. And we don’t really care what OU thinks about that.

2 Likes

I think you have to have the whole “blue blood” thing in the back of your mind, and of course that lack of respect is a concern. However, I think the new Big 12 will be solid enough on the field to get the national respect it needs to be in the championship mix.

I have to also admit that I don’t fully understand it though. For example, Texas has had 1 (yes just one) good season in the last decade, yet somehow they still get top recruits and national recognition from the polls. They won 3 conference games last year right?

Perhaps I am wrong, but I believe it will be just fine. Non-conference scheduling might become more important for us non-blue bloods but I think you are already seeing OSU has that handled.

2023 - Arizona State
2024 - Arkansas
2025 - Oregon
2026 - Oregon
2027 - Arkansas
2028 - Alabama
2029 - Alabama

1 Like

Odd choice to use a GIF featuring a Cowboy who felt like his enemy was defeated…and then gets killed about 5 minutes later by said enemy. He died.

I agree on the importance of non-con scheduling in the future. What I dont agree with is the perception nationally of what the new-look Big 12 will be. Take the current Big 12 for example: what is the national reputation? Its that its the 3rd best Conf AT BEST. Thats with OU, OSU and Texas carrying the flags. I know Baylor has done some things, but OSU is the better program with Mike Gundy. The reputation that OSU has gained lately is in large part due to beating OU and Texas. The biggest games annually for OSU are those two games. You mentioned not understanding the national infatuation with Texas…yet what is the atmosphere and buzz around Stillwater or the networks when the Cowboys play that underachieving Texas team? What do you think the perception nationally is going to be when the bellcow is OSU alone? And once Conf play starts…when will the new look Big 12 be remotely close to the headliner game that week? Go look at the teams in the Conf and you find me the 3 best/marquee games? BYU and Cincinnati have to be undefeated WITH a big Non-Con win for them to be relevant. Honest question…after those Non-Con games that OSU has scheduled…mention one game that would garner national attention? Without googling it up…right now do you have any idea what Cincinnati or BYU’s record is? Any idea who either of those teams even play on a given week? Heres an example. Im in a 12 person College Football pick em’. Each week, the 10 biggest matchups of that week are sent out and are determined by a Vegas site. Cincinnati and BYU have each been on the list 1 time…& that was when they were playing Arkansas and Oregon. Oklahoma St. has yet to be on the list. Now I understand that obviously thats not a scientific metric of determining the popularity of either program…but I do think its a snapshot of what the perception is and will be when those teams get together.