OSU Star Defender Trace Ford Visits OU After Entering Transfer Portal

You think Ford possibly going to OU is NIL related…….then you’re wrong.

So tell me what its about

1 Like

Yea I want to hear this story

1 Like

Sonny must have found the secret to success then, he’s never been much more than average at his other stops. I guess you mean if we fire Gundy we will have a CC ? Doesn’t work that way I don’t think. Let’s see what he does the next 5 years

1 Like

He thinks it’s a better system? Thinks he’ll be used more? Maybe he just wants a change of scenery? Wants to play in front of a sellout crowd every day? A combination of all of it? If you guys somehow think OU is bigtime in the NIL game like Oregon/Miami/A&M, then you’re not paying attention. OU did just finalize some stuff with a collective, but OU isn’t running this as a free agent market. That’s just a lazy statement some of you make when a guy leaves your school. If he’s going to A&M or a few others, NIL is absolutely part of the equation. But not in Norman.

@KetchupSicle So OU or their Alumni or their bandwagon Alumni aren’t promoting NIL enough to attract players? Is that what you are claiming?

2 Likes

That depends on what your definition of “promoting” is? I’ll tell you what I KNOW FOR A FACT.

OU/Venables hasn’t pitched NIL to a single recruit. That’s not how his regime has worked/will work. Brent has issued an edict to his compliance staff to do nothing of the sort. He doesn’t want a player to come based on NIL. So if Trace Ford truly commits to OU (which I think he will), it will have absolutely nothing to do with NIL.

Will OU have NIL opportunities to players once they get here? Of course they will. That’s part of the game nowadays. But some of you people think OU is basically buying players…….that’s clueless. Let me ask you a question. You people on here have trashed the kid, said he’s no good. OSU fans in bulk are trashing the kid. The hammering of this kid has been so bad that Brock Martin has told the OSU fans to get off Fords case. Why do you think OU (or any program for that matter) would offer a big bag of $$ to a player like Ford? Don’t you think that money would be best spent on a player who’s had a cleaner bill of health? Maybe that’s got more eligibility left? That has better measurables to play for Venables than a guy who will likely be a situational pass rusher? Ford didn’t decide to leave OSU for $$……& he won’t sign somewhere else because of it either.

I suggest you guys go dig into the recruiting of David Hicks. 5 star DT in the current cycle. He had been an OU silent commit for months. All of a sudden at his announcement……he pulls out an A&M hat. Absolutely an NIL commitment for the kid. If OU was in the free agent market……that’d be a player/prospect who’d warrant a big money deal waaaaaya before Trace Ford.

1 Like

Could be using ou as a filler of teams to raise his value to a real team.
I love ford but i dnot he make it a whole season any where.
I do love the wayyou are. You dnt like being called a homer. But, any lil comment made about ou and you defend ou to your last breathe.

1 Like

Then your reading comprehension isn’t very good. I argue against ignorant statements. When they’re made about any program…….

Go find me a homer statement I’ve made…….I’ll wait

1 Like

Maybe you’re reading a different blog of the ones trashing Ford , I haven’t and don’t remember anyone else trashing him here. All I’ve said is he is damaged goods. When he’s healthy he can be good. Maybe he doesn’t like Mason ? I don’t know about that. But your reading comprehension on my part is wrong. Why he entered who knows. But you are saying when OU offers considerably more than OSU. Yea he’s going for that. Not many teams will draft a kid with 3 knee injuries in 3 years

1 Like

Lol your my hero. So senseless your obvious of what you do.
I dnt care about ou and nil. I do hope you get these guys your up for. Ford and harper would look good in cast and red and white. Lol

1 Like

You want to read people trashing kids go to the 24/7 Owen field board , every single one that leaves OU is trash, somehow not a single one you lose was worth a chit

1 Like

Well I don’t know where all this comes from, It’s certainly not my view on things. Do I think that OU has an NIL incentive for players? I most certainly do. Can’t prove it but 67 years of knowing and watching OU tells me that OU is going to do what ever it takes to win and that includes taking advantage of the current NIL situation. Did they offer Ford a bag a cash? I’ve no clue. If it were me I wouldn’t because of his injury situation but again I’ve no clue what OU is expecting out of a dude like Ford.

1 Like

What are you saying OU is offering Ford?

Do you think OU is currently offering kids NIL money to get them on campus?

You hinted at OU having a history of buying players. That’s absolutely true. As have NUMEROUS other institutions………OSU being one of them. Gundy runs a clean program. So does/will Venables. Neither of these programs are luring kids here with NIL. Are they offering/assisting with NIL once they’re here? Absolutely. That’s what you have to do nowadays. But neither programs are getting kids because of $$. Hell OU has LOST A FEW due to not ponying up NIL dollars.

I agree. Those people are idiots. Just like people on here that trash the OSU guys once they leave. You and your buddy are ALL OVER THIS SITE SAYING THEYRE NOT ANY GOOD.

A players talent/production shouldn’t change simply because he’s not on your team anymore.

You are hilarious, you haven’t seen me trash anyone but lil Presley. I said I hated losing Cobb, Sanders but to say I trashed them is a flat out lie.
You mention Ford getting NIL money, I’ve read several on the Owen field post saying they have enough donors for 40k for players ? Is it true ? I don’t know, don’t give a chit. Tech is paying 25k to their kids

1 Like

Well there is a lot to unpack here but yes is OU probably offering NIL cash and probably way more than what OSU can do. Yes to both I mean that’s how you stay ahead right?

1 Like

Then you’re mistaken. OU isn’t pitching NIL in any recruiting visits. That’s not how Gundy and/or Venables is conducting business.

“Do I think that OU has an NIL incentive for players? I most certainly do. Can’t prove it but 67 years of knowing and watching OU tells me that OU is going to do what ever it takes to win and that includes taking advantage of the current NIL situation. “ OU had 3 separate groups that consisted of alumni/boosters/former players that were collecting funds ( Collectives). They just recently consolidated the 3 into 1 Collective. It’s legal. It’s above board. It’s NOT giving money to recruits. That’s not how NIL is set up and it’s not how it works under Joe C/Brent. Go look at A&M/Miami/Oregon/USC. That’s the dirty way.

“Did they offer Ford a bag a cash?” This isn’t the 80’s and Barry Switzer isn’t in charge. Different era. Zero chance OU offered Ford anything involving $$. That’s not how Venables operates.