OSU TE Recruiting Target Jason Llewellyn Commits to OU

If no stars were the best then Rutgers would be winning the Big 10 every season and Kansas would be winning the Big 12 every season.

Lol elementary huh? I look at it like this if you wanna trash kids that contribute like hell in a positive way to this program then you all need to do some soul searching, just because a kid isn’t labeled 4 stars doesn’t mean a ■■■■ thing

1 Like

Nobody is trashing kids on the team for being a three star or lower. They just weren’t as good as the other kid that’s a four star. I guess if stars don’t mean anything we should probably be seeing more than just Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and OU in the CFP nearly every single season.

My point being the CFP has been around for 7 seasons now. There have only been 2 teams out of the 28 teams to make the CFP that didn’t have star power. Michigan State and Washington. Those teams got throttled in the CFP. That means that 7% of the time a team with no star power makes it that far. So obviously no matter how much you want to believe it stars DO mean something. I rest my case.

Lol so you really need to be more realistic with your expectations in our football program . Meanwhile your fine if boynton just makes the tournament in basketball in a program that has multiple championships and multiple final 4 appearances

1 Like

And I never said star power doesn’t mean anything? But if you expect to compete with them on recruiting your living in a fantasy land and probably need to either start donating or donate more money.

1 Like

It’s one thing to be in your 16th season with one conference title and it’s another to be in your 4th season with the NCAA hanging all over your back. If Boynton shows me over the next couple years he can’t get close to a conference title or make a deep run in the tourney then help him pack his bags.

I think 16 years is a good enough sample to show me where the football program is going, and based on us not being able to post a top 25 recruiting class in nearly a decade it doesn’t look very promising. If Gundy’s goal every season is to win a conference championship then he better get his butt to getting better players.

Unless program gets excellent coaching in the mix with average to above average recruits that program isn’t going to sniff a conference title. Tell me something. What exactly has the football program won since 2011 that’s of any real significance? Exactly my point. If you don’t get good coaching you have to get better players to overcome poor coaching decisions. Better recruiting classes will relieve some of the pain.

I don’t expect to compete with them in recruiting. However, I do think that we can recruit better than the other 39 P5 schools that seem to recruit better than us on nearly an annual basis. Wait a minute!!! Let me guess? That’s living in fantasy land too?

So your excuse for boynton after four years is that he has a supposed “postseason ban” in his 4th year? What about the other three? Isn’t “just” making the tournament equivalent to just making a bowl game?

1 Like

If YOU WANT BETTER RECRUITING THEN HELP PAY FOR IT

1 Like

We supposedly have the #1 draft pick in basketball and other 4 stars where’s that getting us?? An 8 seed?

1 Like

No joe u do. We look at the kid and what he has to offer.

There are 70 teams out of 130 in college football that will play in a bowl game.

There are only 68 teams out of 351 in college basketball that will make the tournament.

If you want a bigger recruiting budget then tell Gundy to stop sending all our best recruits we get to the transfer portal and actually send them out on the field for a change. Then maybe Holder will consider an increase in the recruiting budget.

Lol oh :joy: I forgot our standards for basketball have dropped since Sutton and risen since Gundy in football :joy:

1 Like

Not really. There were 40 bowl games in 2019. 80 teams. Unless the CFP counts then it is 1 less game. There are 130 teams that can realistically make it to a bowl game. Probably even less. There are 68 slots in the tourney. With a few hundred teams that can realistically make the tournament. One is more difficult to do than the other. But like I’ve said this year and next should be Boyntons last if he can’t get it done.

1 Like

Lol I forgot you and don lemon praise people for not putting in the work to be successful then turn around and blame it on someone else. Gosh I can’t believe that Tylan was here for 4 years :joy:

1 Like

Man that makes so much sense ! Meanwhile drake could blow OKLAHOMA STATE OUT OF THE GYM

1 Like

With Gundy and college football bowl games it’s kind of like this for a comparison:

A special needs kid is on a basketball team that plays against other teams that all each have their own special needs kid.

Everyone is praising him because he’s in the top 54%. Do you see what I’m saying here?

Gundy only has to be better than 46% of the other college football teams. While Boynton has to be better than the other 81% to make the tournament.

Those are some drastically different percentages, and before you get upset with me all I simply did was use your comparison of bowl games compared to tournament appearances.

Lol u made the numbers fit your narrative, but thanks for making fun of special needs people :joy:

1 Like

He doesn’t understand because he is too dumb.