PFB+ Basketball Recruiting

7-0, 250 pounds. Has averaged 6.7 points and 6.5 rebounds a game through three seasons at USF.

8 Likes

As of right now, OSU has two scholarships to give.

8 Likes

:wink:

4 Likes

sounds good

3 Likes

Would be a very strong last addition.

6 Likes

So uh … the Sahvir Wheeler thing is maybe more real than I thought.

Initially was told he was heavily leaning Kansas.

Then a few days ago, word was Kentucky.

But one source just told me it’s either Kentucky or Oklahoma State, and the race is pretty even.

One thing that played a factor here: TyTy Washington was initially expected to commit on SATURDAY. But TyTy moved his commitment up to last night and chose Kentucky, essentially doing so to get ahead of Wheeler’s decision. (This is a tactic some staffs use to try and push for a commitment.) In this case, it might have landed TyTy a few days early for UK but also might have given Wheeler second thoughts. Maybe, maybe not. Writing on the wall for UK and TyTy has been there for weeks, so I’m skeptical.

My hunch tells me Wheeler still picks Kentucky but folks around OSU feel they are squarely in the mix to land him, and that the addition of Bryce this afternoon could play a huge factor in potentially securing him over UK

19 Likes

Wouldn’t us getting Bryce do the same thing for Wheeler that Kentucky getting TyTy did? I’m curious the thought process there from OSU folks, not you.

3 Likes

TyTy plays the point, Bryce does not

3 Likes

Well, I know that Bryce is more combo guardy. But you would think we would want the ball in his hands a lot.

Bryce is a guy Wheeler can dish to for buckets, TyTy is a guy who is going to take Wheelers minutes

1 Like

Bryce is more of a shooting guard and Avery isn’t a true point either. So OSU still needs a true point (although Ice can help there), and landing a five-star like Bryce could help attract a player like Wheeler IMO because he knows the talent is there and he could slip into an obvious role as the starter at PG

Slightly different situation than Kentucky only because TyTy and Wheeler both play point guard, so now Wheeler is probably looking at coming in and being a bench player if he picks Kentucky

4 Likes

So would we rather have Wheeler or Michael Durr. I kinda would prefer a 7 footer over another point guard.

Wheeler is a much better player than Durr, in my opinion

both would help just in different ways. Wheeler would play more

5 Likes

Durr has the better name though

6 Likes

Yeah the answer is Wheeler (and hope Bernie can give some key minutes)

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess. Avery proved he didn’t need the play to start with him last year. I just want the ball to be in Bryce and Avery’s hands a lot more than Wheeler’s. I just wonder how crowded that backcourt is. We do need another ball handler. We’ll see if Wheeler is interested.

Wheeler because he would likely be a 15-20 minute per game guy, helps out both the starters and the backups with his play making, and would give OSU a guard with 3 more years to tide us over if Ice, AA, and Bryce all leave next year

Wheeler will get everyone better shots, very good creator/distributor.

1 Like

Wait, are we really wringing our hands about having too many dudes who are good at basketball?

8 Likes

I don’t disagree. I like Wheeler a lot. If he is worried about TyTy taking the ball out of his hands though… adding Bryce adds another combo guard that can play make for others and himself would theoretically take the ball out of his hands some too. I feel like we’re caught in in PG vs. SG when the game is moving to positionless players.