PFB+ Debate: Tulsa or OKC?

Lived in Dallas proper since 1980. We came here because the jobs were better, and we were early in our marriage. Most of my jobs were traveling jobs, and I had more options out of DFW. And was home much quicker on Fridays.

1 Like

Which area? I’ve been there a lot for work recently and love the trails near the lake by downtown

2 Likes

Far North Dallas. City of Dallas, Richardson ISD.

1 Like

I’m starting to feel a kinship to @MetroBoonein as I too grew up in Tulsa and have been in Edmond/OKC ever since. I love both cities. Both are great with a lot to offer. Agree that MAPS and the Thunder coming and being so good outta the gate have helped city pride and helped all the various districts thrive.

Tulsa has an equally strong civic pride imo and dribble is right about the trees lol

Again, lived in both and love both

4 Likes

I’ve lived in Tulsa, OKC, and currently a Dallas suburb. Why a hell no to the latter?

2 Likes

Lived in OKC suburb and now in a DFW suburb that on the FW side. Hard no to Dallas or the immediate suburbs, just not a fan of the layout and overall vibe. Not for me.

I think midtown Tulsa is more livable than all of those options.

Quite a surprise.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I loved living in Tulsa and I appreciate midtown. Based on my experience I think one could enjoy very similar living experiences in all 3 of those locations.

1 Like

taking a page out of the Helper handbook with that level of vagueness

3 Likes

More walkable, better bike infrastructure, more trees, better cost of living, better arts, etc.

true it’s so hard to live without trees and art

Great chat

true shouldve just went with lol huh :wink:

1 Like

Well, to be precise the cost of living as it applies to housing in many parts of “midtown” are now VERY inflated.

1 Like

Cost of living is the same…

1 Like

To wrap things up, there is no such thing as a factual-based better place to live. All opinionated based on personal preferences.

4 Likes

Between what areas?

I’m just speaking in a general sense. They’re basically the same.