PFB+ Non-OSU College Sports Thread (Part 1)

Figured one of these might be useful if anything comes out that is worth discussing… but isn’t OSU related.

Sounds like the NCAA has tossed the Baylor investigation over to their “Accountability Oversight Committee” which is the type of committee that doesn’t allow for appeals or reversals of their decisions.

Looks like Baylor isn’t going to be able to weasel out of punishments the way Penn State did, which should be nice.

5 Likes

Also starting to sound like Arkansas might be a team on the list of those looking for a new coach.

1 Like

Death penalty for Baylor or no deal. It means nothing if they get anything less.

They should’ve been expelled from the conference, but money talks and BS walks.

3 Likes

Is this where we discuss college lacrosse?

2 Likes

Life isn’t that fair. Won’t happen, unfortunately.

1 Like

Makes more sense to sanction Liberty than Baylor at this point.

Hey Lee, do you know of other decisions the Accountability Oversight Committee has given? Just curious how they handle other issues.

I think they did Louisville basketball and they’ve also been tasked with sorting out the CBB / FBI scandal.

I think it was created after the Penn State Sandusky scandal and the UNC academic scandal where all teeth were taken away from the NCAA.

1 Like

If you haven’t seen how Texas tech lost last night. You need to google it.

3 Likes

I saw this Sunday morning. I couldn’t believe it.

She made a typo. It should read: “Calum Sutherland is no longer on the #Sooners, because his name isn’t Joe Mixon, a spokeperson for the team tells The Oklahoman”. Common mistake, really.

1 Like

It’s because the backup ended up being serviceable.

2 Likes

Lol, love that second reply about how they wouldn’t kick him off the team if he was a RB, WR, or QB.

Wow. James Wiseman out of Memphis was ruled ineligible. That’s MONSTROUS.

3 Likes

Local news stations are going crazy. Just texted my wife and the response was “What the f***”.

Oh boy, and here come more profanity-laced text messages about the NCAA! LOL

There’s a game here in about an hour, and my parking garage is right by the FedEx Forum. I’m afraid to drive home now, LOL. Potential riots may ensue from this news.

This Penny story will be the story of the year. And I bet the NCAA loses.

1 Like

Geaux tiger

I read an article last night about how it’s another in a series of moves by various teams basically giving the NCAA the middle finger (which I’m fine with!). But the rules are the rules, as they stand. I just can’t see how Penny giving $1,000,000 for the Penny Hardaway Hall of Fame in the athletic department, in 2007-2008, gives any sort of “benefit”. He’s Memphis’ premier former player, the city’s favorite son. Things like this were bound to happen.

1 Like

You don’t see how Penny Haradaway giving $1m to Memphis Athletics classifies him as a booster?

2 Likes