Predicting How OSU Football Will Finish the Final Five Games of the Regular Season

Let’s talk about this year. Do u see any of tech kansas tcu and wv scoring more then 21 against this defense

1 Like

The casual fan knows logos/brand names. Not point spreads.

1 Like

It’s not impossible to beat OU. Our coach for whatever reason over the past couple of years is making it impossible (offensively speaking). Now would be the year to take advantage of that opportunity, but for some reason we can’t rush the ball until the 4th quarter and we turn into the best punting team in the country during the 3rd quarter.

Yes. I guarantee you at least one of Tech or TCU will score 21+ against OSU. The OSU defense is the best in this Conf. But some of you act like it’s the 85 Bears

2 Likes

Do you?

Kind of makes me wonder why this kid is on his 4th year on campus then, and why the hell none of his coaches have seemed to develop him. The first step to fixing a problem is knowing you have one. Unless you just want to roll with it and see what happens pretending there isn’t one.

Did you ever think OU would have 0 points at halftime against Kansas?

The sad part is we’re not even good at punting. Hutton is not ideal.

1 Like

Sure ok u got me there buddy. Casual fans dnt listen to or read the sports and are so stupid they dnt know what the spead line is.
I never said we were the best defense in the league.
We are best against the run since tech has gone more run asis tcu. Those two In good defensive games have been challenged to score.

I didn’t say we were good at punting. I said that’s what we do best in the 3rd quarter.

“Casual fans dnt listen to or read the sports and are so stupid they dnt know what the spead line is” No one said casual fans are stupid. But point spreads, betting lines and over/unders aren’t what casual fans know, much less care about when they’re deciding which game to watch. Example……Bama-Tenn was the highest rated game……but the spread was 25-26. Spreads have nothing to do with ratings chief.

1 Like

I’m kind of under the impression if we’re going to continue this tradition of not playing any offense at all in the 3rd quarter that we might as well just kneel the ball, and keep running the play clock down to one second until we get to 4th down with the eventual punt. Maybe if we try enough times we can win the Ray Guy award for him.

Why did u answer my question with questions?
I thought u would have no trouble answering about how good u think the defense is.

1 Like

I guess to answer the question they could. What you fail to realize is defenses get tired. If our offense struggles at all to get the ball rolling our defense will be out there a lot. Kind of like the Iowa State game.

I’d be surprised if they don’t run the table. If they were going to lose, they would have by now. Unfortunately, they get their bye week to get healthy and clean things up/tinker with things w/ Caleb.

1 Like

Better be careful. Robert thinks they’re going to lose three more games. They’ve been looking like crap in most of their games, but I can’t say we’ve looked unbeatable (even though we’ve already lost a game).

For them offensively they are still capable and have enough talent to make things happen, but they do have a terrible secondary. For us we have a good, solid, and fundamental defense, but struggle to move the ball for the most part. I do think it will be closer than these last two bedlam games.

Their secondary is banged up. Makes a difference.

Let’s just hope they are as good or worse than who they currently have back there.

My personal opinion is I don’t think Sanders is very smart and seems to be very emotional. Illingsworth is young and I thought I saw somewhere that he may actually have an injury. So with this Defense Gundy tries to limit Sanders exposure and lean on his D.

It’s fine to lean on the D, but at some point he’s going to have to rely on Sanders arm and running capabilities when trying to jam Warren through a brick wall doesn’t work. This is why I’m so adamant on seeing more two back formations in the backfield. If we’re going to run the ball then let’s diversify it some.