QB Competition is Stiff This Spring, and That's Good for OSU

Corndog 3-6 in conference.

1 Like

Thats what ur down to. How’s that list of pre gundy qb coming along. Never came back about the brother deal.

Who gives a ■■■■ about josh Allen

Who is Josh Allen why is ar0 friends with him

I can’t tell yet what Sanders is capable of because last season was riddled with injuries, especially the O line that no QB could have had a great season. There were also injuries to key players on offense other than linemen. So I just throw out last season altogether and blame no one, especially our QBs, except that Ethan stinks. I hope we get to see Gunnar at times just for curiosity. And if we base our success mainly on whether we beat OU or not, then we will always be disappointed. They have much better players and better coaches. But that is just one game. I get tired of reading here that Gundy is no good because we can’t beat OU.

1 Like

Every single point made here is wrong. Would a good QB that can’t get into Ou or Bama come here or Wyoming? Here, 10 times out of 10. Our worst recruited HS QBs are higher rated than Wyoming’s top rated QB recruits. And Regardless of if Rudolph is the backup there or not, Pittsburg did not “bend over” to keep Big Ben because Rudolph is a bad backup. They did it because when healthy, he’s a better option than most of the current NFL starters and is a guaranteed Hall of famer lmao… Lastly, the QBs here right now might not be the QBs for the next 4 years. We have no idea if that’s true. Maybe a bigger recruit comes in. Maybe Shane doesn’t pan out. Maybe you get your wish and Gundy gets canned and we get that subpar replacement you’ve been begging for? Who knows. That’s almost half a decade from now.

2 Likes

I guess you forgot when Corndog tried throwing a fade to the corner of the end zone to Landon Wolfe. Forget trying to throw that to Johnson or Wallace

47% against Tech and lost
48% against K State and lost
58% against Baylor and lost
42% against TCU and lost

There were a lot of passes Corndog couldn’t make behind a decent OL that season. Yet, your going to cream Sanders for incompetent passing.

47 points against ou.
This is what works for u in ur mind

1. It’s not that fact that he isn’t beating OU. It’s the fact that he’s almost literally not beating them at all. Any other coach in the country would probably have a better winning percentage than 14% against their rival if they were running a decent and competent program. Even Malzahn had a better winning percentage against Alabama and he just recently got fired.

2. Anyone with common sense knows Gundy isn’t going to beat OU every season. I think most logical people would like him to actually play for a conference title every once in a while. The fact that Texas has been mediocre to suck and Gundy can’t seem to take advantage of that 2nd spot is what makes people even more baffled by him.

So it’s okay for him to play good against good teams but we look the other way when he had terrible games against teams that couldn’t even become bowl eligible?

Worst defense every.
Corndog was about 20% high in redzone td.
U know what weedon and Sanders have in common they both had 1 rushing td in a season.
U know what corndog and Barry have in common most td in a season 42.
If corndog throw half his passes as screens his completion would be higher.
Did I mention worst defense every.( those boys did know what field they were on.
4000 yrds passing 5 best in nation.
Top passing game 501 top passing game against ou 501
Even took time off to catch 2 passes.
Did I mention bad defense
4 and 1 against ranked teams
47 points against ou.
That oline wasn’t as great as u think it was since guys like Wilson and Jenkins were just starting.
Go ahead and compare. But compare the team.
If u could change one player on the 2018 team and the 2020 team with any body besides Barry would the seasons been different.

One thing u can’t say is he padded his stats

When u went to osu did u every beat ou. Well Gundy’s got 2 more then u.

How is it the defense’s fault when Corndog throws below 50% for the entire game?

And half the coaches in the Big 12 that have been here in less time have more than Gundy does as a player and/or coach.

Why is it corndogs fault when the whole defense goes away from the ball

But u still have no wins

The defense has nothing to do with Corndog and his completion percentage. So your point is null and void.

Ur saying u can win only if the qb throws for over 50%
Thats funny I remember getting are ess kick by bishop of ksu he was like 6 of 25 with 4 td and 300 yards.

Yeah, but let’s go ahead and ignore the other 5 games that were lost to the lower tier Big 12 teams. Then you have the audacity to tell other people they only state the facts to fit their agenda.