Recap: Oklahoma State Falls in Bedlam 28-13, Despite Shutting Out OU over the Final Three Quarters

Dude you’re the one talking trash on two of the best coordinators we’ve ever had :man_shrugging:. How can you expect me to take you seriously here? I’m not saying I have all the answers, but you aren’t going to be a dominant program in the new conference with Gundy alone. That’s just a straight out delusional vision. I never said you had to have a team full of thugs either. There are actually some programs out there that recruit the portal and players that don’t present a threat of turning the program upside down.

Why are you so scared to death of any kind of change? Unless you just like making regular bowl games then fine. I don’t know about you, but Gundy is getting beat by first year head coaches and it’s not guys at BB programs, and even if it is he’s getting beat by coaches who have the program’s worst record in over two decades. Kyle has hit the nail on the head in one of his articles. If we’re going to be a consistent competitor for winning conference titles (and sometimes playing for them) we better recruit better and get more solid depth.

The 96k question would be can you guarantee me that there isn’t a coach that would come in and establish more success than Gundy?

1 Like

What did Lincoln Riley do before becoming the HC at OU? That’s right, he wasn’t a HC until OU hired him. He was an OC at East Carolina and eventually became the HC. BTW he has a 4-8 team at 10-1 right now.

Lol you still have ignored the stuff about those coordinators i have pointed out. You think that the talent were had in 2011 any of our coordinators would have one a title. And really the same with last years defense. If you answer no then your the joke. Monkey had absolutely nothing to do with the talent on the 2011 team. This is another fact that you want to show your ignorance on.

Recruiting is yet again you show completely ignorance. You telling us if we recruit better we will be a better team. Wow your a genius. Beside the 2 bb in the league how many teams have had top25 classes in the big 12. With oklahoma in this state it makes us go out a steel players from other school. Now that schools like tcu and tech are giving 25 k to the top 100 players.

I like how you talk about depth like you know what your talking about. How many players play in a game. You blowing off injuries by say a few out is another joke.

You have a serious man cruch on riley. He is not a good coach. He is a recruiter. You dnt understand about scholarships or the portal. To get better you want us to kick players off to make room for all these portal guys. How would that work out. Also not all of the guys are in the portal because there looking for more playing time. Some have serious issues. Its hard to fine this out from other school then it is with hs kids.

Im not a gundy puppet. There are things i question. But im not a idiot cry baby like you. Stop deflecting, better yet grow a pair and stop crying

Reading through all the recent posts here the arguments from both sides are compelling. While it is very true that replacing a coach, especially one that has had good success, is an absolute crap shoot. However there is anecdotal evidence that it can be done with success. The most recent example is TCU, fired the long term coach who has a statue on campus and a year later are in the hunt for a B12 CC and natty. One thing I do know something has to change for OSU to get to the next level as what is going on currently obviously isn’t working.

Lincoln Riley had been a coordinator. A play caller. A recruiter. Zac Robinson has done none of that. You’re comparing apples to oranges

Your list is wrong. Even if it was correct…….Gundy isn’t in there. Like I said……

“Get to the next level”. Honest question here. What do you feel like that next level is?

Feel free to find me the right list then :+1:

Like I said……we can go off of yours……is Gundy in the top 10?

If you want to dispute the claims get me the right list. I know what gundy makes that list doesn’t even have him in the above 5 million club so they obviously forgot about him.

You claim it’s a “top 10 paying job”….but post a link that doesn’t have him in the top 10​:joy::joy::joy::joy:Then why the hell would you post it?!?!

To an extent I agree with what you’re saying. I’m not saying Gundy should be 15-3 against OU. I honestly would be happy if he were 7-11. But you’re forgetting all those Bedlams that we almost won but Gundy couldn’t pull it off or even worse, the games that we were clearly the better team & still lost! That’s what everyone forgets, OU has not always been the better team but Gundy is petrified of OU & physically cannot beat them. It’s almost psychological at this point.

And what about his recruiting effort? Or lack there of I should say. He REFUSES to recruit. He will not do it. Kendal Daniels is a prime example that big recruits do want to play at OSU. He was the 7th ranked safety in the country & is proving why. If Gundy would give a ■■■■ more about recruiting, then we could get a few more Daniels level of recruits & then before you know it you’re beating OU & competing for conference championships regularly.

Gundy Will & should have a statue outside of the stadium when his time is done. But his time should be done now whether you like it or not.

To be fair, it was a top 10 paying job until recently. Saban, Dabo, Smart, Crystobal, Tucker, Riley & Kelley all got new contracts within the last year. Hell that article isn’t even up to date, Dabo is the second highest paid coach in the country now.

You’re the idiot that’s hanging on to me mentioning g Robinson casually like I was out here putting together a campaign to bring him in. The fact that you can’t understand what I was saying in the context that I was saying it just shows where your intelligence level is

He makes 7.5 million he slots in right at the top 10 idk what to tell you

I’ll agree with you as far as how Gundy seems to coach Bedlam. He seems to go into a shell more often than not. I really think 2010 is the only clear cut game in which OSU was hands down a better team. Should he have won more times in Bedlam? I get that side. Agreed. But again, if you’re gonna fire a guy because he doesn’t beat OU as much as you think he should…….then good luck. OU has a pretty good record against everybody. Kleimann & KState have some really well……but what else has KState done? Go compare their run since Gundy has been at OSU. Are they reaching the “next level”?

As for recruiting, I will absolutely agree with you 100%. It’s a young man’s game and Gundy doesn’t care for it. But again, if you think someone else is going to come in and miraculously get OSU into the 15-20 ranked recruiting classes……then you’re being waaaay too optimistic. Go look at what schools that are similar to OSU are finishing in the rankings. Go look at TCU, Tech & so on are doing.

Kendal Daniels is not a good example. Go research his recruiting story. He fell into OSU’s lap.

So then tell me what coach, at a school like OSU, has won MORE than Mike Gundy?

Dude, I clicked on the first pic you sent……he wasn’t in the top 10. I clicked on the bottom two links……he’s not in the top 10 of those either. What the hell are you doing!!!

1 Like