Report: Dezmon Jackson Enters NCAA Transfer Portal

My expectations are 10 win seasons. OU and Texas recruit better and have more money so if they beat us I can understand but the rest of the league we need to beat. If there’s one year where we 7-5 or 8-4 because we’re really young or have some injuries I can understand that it’s going to happen from time to time but you get two seasons like that. If you have 3 under achieving years in a row then something needs to be reevaluated.

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything bad about anyone, and wouldn’t. Although I think his chances to get into the end zone would have been better if he actually had he at some point turned and used his momentum towards the goal line instead of trying to outrun the defender alongside it.

5 Likes

Joe is just talking to be talking. Nothing new here. This Joe comment, like most, is based on his irrational hatred of Gundy and not on actual facts.

4 Likes

Nobody takes him serious.

3 Likes

Oh my laughing is serious. No fake or nervous giggling

3 Likes

Don’t you ever get tired of just spewing BS? I think I am going to start referring to you as my beloved friend Habib from Babylon. That’s all you seem to do…Just babble on and on.

3 Likes

So OSU should fire Gundy because you have speculated that he might have 2 4-8 seasons in the next five years in a watered down league.
You do realize that unless, OSU is invited to a P5 conference that none of this will matter anymore. Will anyone really care about winning or losing the conference without our hated in state rival? As our TV money dwindles and other schools increase the gap between the “haves” and the “have nots” will become a chasm. Everyone wants to pretend that it will all be okay, but it won’t. Other sports will be okay but football won’t have a defining measuring stick anymore.

Why can’t we take the opportunity to become one of the “haves”? We could become the new measuring stick in this conference.

“Baylor won the both sides of the line of scrimmage that whole game.” Nothing truer has been said. There nose guard was into our backfield almost every play. Baylor also won on the offensive coaching sidelines. This loss should not have come down to that last play.

I will echo the well wishes to Dezmon and appreciate your efforts of behalf of the Cowboys, young man!!

:cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: :cowboy_hat_face: Go Pokes!!

(another reason that I don’t have twitter… it is named after the twits on it for goodness sake!!)

1 Like

Who will be our rival? Baylor? Will beating BYU, Cincinnati, UCF or Houston get our fan base excited? The first team to win the league without the Sooners in it, will wonder if they won if the Sooners remained. Interest will wane, just like I predicted would happen to the Thunder once KD, Westbrook etc moved on. Remember it’s not just perception, but related to money. Our TV contract will be lowered. The bidding war for coaches is outrageous. We could not outbid Ohio St. wait until we cannot outbid Mississippi St.

1 Like

There is no doubt injuries to the O-Line hurt us the most. With Godlevske being out they had no answer for Ika. That dude disrupted the whole game.

1 Like

I don’t care whether or not we have a rival at all. I’m at the point where I only care about what benefits Oklahoma State and Oklahoma State only! Conference rivalries…If we can win the conference on a consistent basis, we get a seat at the big boy table then to a certain extent the financial stuff takes care of itself.

But I do think you make some valid points. Conference perception goes down without OU and Texas, but for once, our commissioner got realignment right. I think the ones he pulled in will fit in nicely.

I’m not trying to be a Debbie downer, but how will the financial aspect take care of itself? The B12s TV deal will shrink. Projections are that the SEC will go to 70M per team! Even when OU was going to the CFP, everyone in the B12 benefited from the playoff money as it’s split among league teams. Money has always been an issue, but I think the gap will widen.

Their will be playoff expansion. We will still get as much or more then pac12 or acc. One of the new big12 got in this year.
Someone will came nil just like they put caps in the pro. The portal is still going to be a good thing for us.

1 Like

That’s a giant

1 Like

Gundy has been a flat-out Godsend to this former doormat of a program. I was crunching a few numbers-reminiscing, if you will, trying to remember the last time oSu went 4-8-(?) Or 6-7 and missed a bowl game during Gundys tenure. (Its been 16 years of straight up bowl eligibility) Hey gang, does anybody wonder how Sean is doing in Rutgers? 8 wins over the last 2 seasons. Ouch. Not as good as Mike Yurcich at Penn State, or Monken at Georgia-remember when he was coming back? In the last 6 seasons, oSu’s worst season is 2018 at 7-6 the year after Rudolph to Washington and Jims 1st year as DC. Lets talk facilities…BPS is like 45th among college stadium capacity. Thats behind Rice, Virginia, Kentucky, and North Carolina to name a few. Pat Jones will tell you he never broke any rules yet the next day when a different coach gets in trouble and will guarantee that the HC knew all about it. Hes entertaining but he doesnt have a clue. Lets look at oSu’s upcoming bowl opponent. Over the last 6 seasons theyve won 68 games. oSu has won 64. Brian Kelly leads all ND coaches with 92 wins. 70% win percentage. Gundy has 148 at a 68% clip. The difference between the schools is that one has arguable the greatest tradition in college football, guaranteed tv, and the winningest coach in history has just checked out and gone to LSU. Meanwhile Gundy, who took the job when they still played on Lewis Field, is doing his yearly coordinator replacement because we cant afford to pay assistants and despite all of the success under Gundy, are still viewed as a door step program. Some of you need to get real serious. Be supportive of this program and what it has been able to accomplish.

2 Likes

We DO support this program and what this head coach has accomplished in his tenure. It is for those very reasons that we expect to win conference championships. By the way, Brian Kelly….winningest coach at ND?! Maybe by win percentage. But no Natty.

1 Like

Not by winning percentage, just overall won more games, yes no natty. The point I was trying to make is that Gundy couldve or could go to a blueblood school with a lot more money to offer and more money for assistants but he hasnt. The idea that this program is going to improve when he leaves or entice big name coaches is delusional.

2 Likes

The idea that Gundy could go to a blueblood school and be successful is delusional. They are not content with 4th in the conference and just making a bowl.

1 Like