Spencer Sanders Set to Transfer to Ole Miss, Also Considered Auburn

Sanders has been in Stillwater since just after the Bicentennial. If he doesn’t have a degree by now, we may have identified the biggest reason we haven’t been able to get over the hump.

1 Like
3 Likes

I’m glad Gundy didn’t let him come back–would hate for our offense to have a pulse next year.

I’ve been listening and reading media by Ole Miss people, they want Dart gone. It may we’ll be Howard that starts. It would just be mind boggling if he went to sit bench. He could had gone to Auburn with light competition and mostly likely got the starting job. From what I gather is Lane wanted Sanders super bad and Howard is the future and Lane is going to groom him for it. Logically I could see Howard sitting with a redshirt year with 4 years left to play learning the system getting experience in it. Dart from what I heard as well he doesn’t fit that system as well Sanders or Howard. Personally I would had loved to of seen him go to Penn State or Auburn. I do think either Dart or Sanders may transfer again worst case scenario.

1 Like

I think he can if he finishes his classes then considered a graduate.

1 Like

That would look bad on our coaching staff. I’ve always felt if we built the offense his skill set he would really accel. We seen our staff do it in bowl games and key games. That last 4th quarter offense we ran if we could had done that the whole game I believe we beat Baylor by more than a touchdown those quick strikes, his legs, and cowboy back usage. Still bothers me we didn’t put the ball in his hands in the last 4 plays and Baylor didn’t get flagged for defensive delay of game trying to call time out with no time outs. Sanders was trying to snap the ball and seen it.

1 Like

I’m thinking Spencer, if he finishes his degree, can go through one semester and transfer again, right ? He would be a grad transfer ? Maybe he and Gundy can make amends ? I still think we really need him next year I can see it happening

2 Likes

You really think they care what makes them look bad after the second half season suckage and portal debacle?

1 Like

That is correct from media sources. I definitely wouldn’t mind if he did. Gundy probably feels betrayed/hurt a little by him wanting to test waters so there’s probably some rift, you know he’s big on loyalty and. Also probably Sanders probably started a domino effect with the team. There’s some of it to do with Dunn too. I feel like somethings been done to fix any damages. Really hope he does well with Ole Miss or anywhere he goes.

2 Likes

I don’t think the coaching staff will, but outside of this state people have been talking and will talk more. I listen to a coverage and some former players talk. One thing I’d like to see is Gundy going back to having better relations with the players, lay back on the culture philosophy a little, and adapt better to what’s going on. I love Gundy, he’s shown to be brilliant and smart, but man that ego at times really irritates me. If he’d lose the ego and quit acting like the attention needs to be on him we’d go further. Because if he went anywhere else I bet he does more, he’d know where ever he went people would put a foot on certain things. He probably feels like no matter what he does his job his safe here cause who else would replace him. I’m not saying this is a bad job in still water but we’re not a blue blood school so we’d have to get a guy like Tom Herman or someone. Gundy knows that. This whole thing isn’t a shot at Gundy but it’s like a rocky marriage that needs to be fixed.

1 Like

Gundy’s ego is what stops him from being able to adapt to the current generation’s philosophy. I’ve made it very well known on here that he shouldn’t meet every demand, but to admit you don’t talk to your players entering the portal is insanity in my opinion. You’re also right. He’s lately carried this attitude that the school can’t live without him. That is partially the fault of the fan base for allowing him to believe that which further strikes his ego. Some on here think we’re going back to the Bob Simmons years if we lose him. That’s not going to happen at all if you’re smart with the next hire. The only time the guy is going to admit to anything is when he thinks there is the possibility of him being fired. Just like in 2020.

This is your interpretation of what he said way back when in a press conference, the only place I heard him comment on the subject AFAIK, I took his comments in that press conference as a general statement indicating that he didn’t overtly insert himself into the decisions about players future plans that players, their families, significant friends, mentors, etc embark on from time to time and can be for any number of reasons, e.g. going pro, transfer portal, moving closer to home, injuries, et. al. and can take place at any time. I think he is trying to show respect for the players their families and others by staying out of their personal business. As far as I know no one can know really how Gundy communicates with his players except for the players themselves yet here we are with comments like these espousing a failed communication model based on a sound bite in a press conference. Yea not buying it.

3 Likes

That’s not the only thing people are going on. Ford said he hadn’t talked to anyone and Johnson and his family couldn’t talk to anyone. Does every player need to make a statement before it’s true?

1 Like

I’m not buying that he never talks to his players either @bruce4 I don’t think he wants to be an influence on their decision of going pro or staying. We know he hates the portal. He’s not going to discuss that. Sanders wanting to come back, he could have worked a deal with him if he wanted. That’s on him.
JP wanted to be the featured receiver, his dad even said he needed to stay…. Johnson wanted him to discuss what thd offense would be next year with his parents ?!?! WTF Greene left for a place he will get far fewer catches. Can’t figure that out.a
With what we got back in the portal and commitments we will have receivers. It’s not bare

Gundy has an ego for sure, it’s his show, he will either sink or swim with it. We will see …… he needs to change the offense to me. Either Dunn can’t do it or get someone else. Same with Dickey. He’s had enough time to me

1 Like

@michael13 Yep I agree. There are problems to be solved at OSU for sure but we also have had what seems like a rash of entitled college kids making some seemingly strange and likely bad, in a lot of the cases, decisions based on things like inflated egos, entitlement, emotional reactions et. al. There may be a couple who made a rational good decision but it doesn’t seem to be the majority.

2 Likes

That’s fine if he doesn’t want to investigate it to a certain extent. As AR has just stated there does seem to be some animosity when it comes to players wanting to speak to him (or really anyone on the coaching staff). I don’t know if that’s completely true or not, but I’m not going to discount that it’s a possibility. If it didn’t seem to be an issue I doubt we would hear about it and there might not be multiple players saying the same thing. Nobody asks Gundy any difficult questions in his pressers either. If they do they get threatened.

And where are you getting this information from? Have you personally spoken to JP’s dad? As far as the portal is concerned we didn’t replace every position and we’ve replaced what we’ve lost with JUCO, D2, D3, and G5 players. Not to mention almost nobody on defense. I guess it’s a decent model if you want to get to six wins possibly. It’s not going to work if you’re trying to win the conference.

Did I really just see this?

You moron you evidently only get second hand information here instead of reading other blogs. JP wanted to be the top target. His dad even said on Twitter he wish he would have stayed. The Washington St kid is good, Shettron is supposed to have lots of upside if you care to find out. We aren’t a lacking in the receivers part
Did I say anything about defense, Muhammad is replaceable. No one isn’t replaceable
I would bet you we would go better than 6-6 but you don’t stand behind your bets

Just for the record I have @ar1 's comments blocked, have been for months now, because they have done nothing but poop up the comments section here. So i don’t know what AR has stated and really don’t care to find out due to already mentioned reasons. Cheers!!

1 Like

I really hope @bruce4 has me blocked cause someone who is afraid of the truth isn’t worth talking to.

1 Like