The Rundown: Everything Mike Gundy Said at His Bye Week Media Availability

He had to pass because he ran it 55 times and everyone in Albertson stadium knew that nearly every play would be a run. Should he run it on 3rd and 7?

About the only receiver I’ve seen do anything that’s considered depth is Owens and that’s really about it.

Take ur excuses some where else.

We’ll have two weeks to prepare for Texas, but we’ll do the same exact thing offensively like we’ve done the first five games. The only unit that will be ready for Texas will be the defense. The offense will sputter. Why? Because we won’t change our schemes and philosophy offensively for the sake of trying to win the game. It’s better to lose than to change.

I have seen different schemes. I know this to be true because we have played different styles of defense.
One thing that absolutely has not changed is u doing a rainman act.
I hope gundy does not change his philosophy. Last thing we need is ur defeatist philosophy.

1 Like

Gundy before the season “We’ll do the same thing we’ve always done offensively”.

Besides maybe two different plays he’s not really done anything diffferent.

Ur r and where has that lead us. I know u can’t stomach it, so I will say it 5-0.
U haven’t changed one bit either still a sad pathetic cry baby.
U can go get as many gundy sound bites u want, were still 5-0.

1 Like

Hold him accountable for coaching winning football?

3 Likes

The only one who needs to be accountable is u. Coming on here saying anything u want ,be it truth or lies. Mainly lies

1 Like

You should hold him accountable. Don’t buy merchandise, don’t go to games, stop watching the games, get off of this message board since you won’t have anything to talk about.

Also, you guys are freaking ridiculous. We’re 5-0. We’ve been trending up since our rough start. You guys are getting all agitated now because our next game is Texas which is going to be a tough game so you’re talking all this trash now so you can say “I told you so”. You’re trying to set it up like you know something, but what you know is that Texas is playing well at the moment and has good athletes. If we go in and beat Texas, you’re going to disappear for four days, make excuses (well defense bailed us out again, Gundy needed that missed kick to win, if Texas had realized Gundy would never throw it… blah blah blah), and start talking nonsense about the next tough game.

We’re 5-0 for the first time in 6 years. KSU and Baylor aren’t pushovers, so that’s a really solid start. Is this going to be a year to remember? Can we knock off OU and win the conference? I don’t know, but at least show some optimism for a team that’s winning. Otherwise, go screw off. All you’re doing is hate watching games so you can find things to nitpick Gundy about. That’s a horrible, disgusting, vile, useless way to live your life.

4 Likes

I agree I don’t understand how you can’t appreciate what this coaching staff as a whole has done considering the injuries and QB issues, it’s not been pretty but we’re improving in certain areas every week and we’re 5-0

2 Likes

Maybe scoring is down, in part, because our defense is so dominant. Maybe we’re intentionally chewing clock and not going for quick scores to shorten the game and play to the strength of the team. It’s been effective. There’s a reason you don’t see dominant offenses and dominate defenses on the same team but very seldom. High score means many possessions which puts more strain on the defense. Yes, I wish we were a bit more efficient and drives that end three and out put us in the same bad spot, but if we can win every game 24-20, I’m here for it.

3 Likes

I think scoring is down because we go 3 and out the whole second half. Which by the way does not play to the defense strength.

1 Like

Ok, well, they had one 3 and out in the second half and one pick against Baylor. So… what?

1 Like

Last 3 games each we have won time of positions, by 10 minutes thats almost a half the defense has been able to sit their ess down.
So once again ur lieing about there being so many 3 and out. What I love about u jug and the stooges, u guys act like we dnt watch the game. That crap u guys try to push is unreal.

1 Like

Yeah….well we started 3-0 in 2018 and found ourselves going 6-6 too.

Hold him accountable for lying about his offense. The only teams that go three halves only scoring 10 total points are teams like Kansas and UConn.

If we beat Texas I’ll be the first one to congratulate Gundy on here. I won’t disappear for a week like Roberto did during bedlam last year.

1 Like

Dude I’m really starting to question how much you actually know about sports in general. Only a handful of teams in this country could overcome the injuries we have had on offense and still score just fine. Not to mention sanders can’t seem to figure it out when the lights come on . Gundy can only comment on what he was seeing through fall camp he can’t go out there and play for these guys. Do yourself a favor also and quit trying to do your best impersonation of traber on here

1 Like

Oh okay…well we’ll see what happens once he gets a few more people healthy. I thought he said he had depth. I guess I don’t see where scoring an average of 3 points in the second half is sustainable without suffering a few more losses.

Considering we haven’t gotten to the meat of our schedule yet. I would say that’s a fairly big issue. Did he not say in a presser yesterday “if you got any suggestions I’m open ears!!”? That’s when he was asked about the second half woes.

Blame Sanders but never question his coaches for his development. I see you know a lot about sports. Guy is in his 4th year on campus and his coaches haven’t taught him to set his feet yet? So go ahead and keep listening to the excuses. I’ll continue to watch the reality.

Dude we had 7 receivers out in one game . No one has enough depth to make up for that. I’m not a sanders apologist never have been, what’s Gundy supposed to do come out publicly and rip everyone for the sake of letting joe hear it. That’s not how it works. Quit believing everything a coach says in press conferences

1 Like