The Story of How Mike Gundy Came to Own (and Wear) that Infamous OAN Shirt

5 Likes

Cool 3 posts 3 flags. Whoever you are I feel sorry for you.

2 Likes

Yeah my post talking about how OAN isnā€™t any different from any other news network with an agenda and narrative with minimal facts got flagged as well. I guess if you donā€™t want to deal with logic, reason, debate or critical thinking then thatā€™s the cool thing to do these days.

2 Likes

Brother you got the plus sign next to your name yet Iā€™ve never seen you post. You got to get yourself over and post on the PFB+

Itā€™s like swimming to the surface to finally be able to breathe.

(Almost) Nobody is yelling or outraged.

4 Likes

Quit writing about T-shirt.

2 Likes

I meanā€¦ he hasnā€™t cared a whole lot about that recently apparently

2 Likes

Really? So when a Coach has a star athlete get into real trouble but gets the kid help and helps him transfer to a different program inspite of the fact that kid is fastest in NCAA, thatā€™s caring about a kid and the program values above just wins and losses . Your comment shows you have almost no contact with the program and no concept of the values and culture Gundy has brought to Stillwater, and still managed to be the winningest coach in school history.

I have no idea how my post could be flagged as off topic??? The entire article is about Gundy and an OAN shirt???

Boone posted about the flagging. He says stop it its OK to have a different opinion.

Are you citing Tyreek Hill? You think he helped him get to another school? Dude he kicked him off the team :joy:

And got him help and yes helped him transfer

He kicked him off the team allowing him to transferā€¦

1 Like

I appreciate that Boone took the time to write this article. I still strongly disagree with his take on the entire chain of events and take issue with specific items in the article, but I respect the willingness to at least address it and to say, in hindsight, that he should not have tweeted the picture and egged on the controversy.

2 Likes

You are completely missing the point. A coach that doesnā€™t care about a kid or the culture and putting wins above anything else would have never disciplined a kid that was an asset (see No-u handling of everything).

You stated he helped him transfer and acted like he held his hand through the process and gave him a letter of recommendation. When in realityā€¦ he kicked him off and washed his hands of it.

Which he was right to do! But, donā€™t put that in the category of caring for the players.

What is he supposed to do ask all of them every day how they are doing and what Was the favorite thing you ate yesterday lol heā€™s a FOOTBALL COACH!!! Not guidances counselor lol. We just got a couple snowflakes on the team that I guess need some more emotional attention than others. Your probably to young to remember when adults drove the ship and kids respected their elders and no social media. Man know those were the good times.

Who didnā€™t do much coaching of his players. Seems to be a problem.

1 Like

Define coaching?

2 Likes