This Might be Mike Gundy's Best Coaching Job Yet

If you go to big12sports.com they have a section in the stats that has stats for conference only games. Been looking at it for years. Taking the Sooners 76-0 win vs W Carolina changes it some.

2 Likes

Good one, LOL! Ethan Bullock, about the worse Cowboy QB I ever saw play.
But I do hope that next season we can have someone other than Spencer Sanders as QB. Let Gunnar play a few possessions against Kansas so we can get a glimpse.

1 Like

I want to see Gunner have a few possessions to see what kind of arm and moxie he has. I’m thinking he would be a cerebral QB being in football all his life and seen as many film sessions as Gundy probably. Course he will have to be lights out or the naysayers will crucify him. Sanders gives us that running QB that is another problem for the defense

1 Like

Me too. He should bring the best of both shane and Sanders.

1 Like

Nah!!! We need to let Ethan Bullock get snaps against Kansas so he can finish out the season as the starter.

I think this may be a bet pessimistic. I think we are at least a TD favorite over West Virginia and Texas Tech. Iowa State is very beatable, even in Ames. Kansas is a given. I think we go into TCU as a 4 point favorite. Texas and OU should rightfully be favored but I think there is a good chance we beat Texas after our buy week and right after OU beats them up physically.

The thing about this year that gives me confidence is we can play D. Good (you might even say great) D keeps you in every game.

2 Likes

This bye couldn’t come at a better time. We could get 5 or 6 guys back. Atleast get the ones playing a rest.
We contian the run. Texas d is not even as good as last year. We should be fine. As long as Sanders has forgot about Baylor and last years Texas games.

1 Like

Always funny when gundy has a team that on paper isn’t supposed to be good, he does better than he is supposed too, but when he has a team that has high expectations he pukes down his leg. Not sure why this is but it’s his track record.

2 Likes

So is this a good team

1 Like

You nailed it. Gundy is creating an offense tailored for Gunnar in a couple years.

1 Like

Is that not the point of playing the game?

2 Likes

I was being sarcastic. I think a lot of Gundy’s critics discount his many achievements, and often say ridiculous things in the process. I was just trying to provide an example of their nonsense.

Gundy might not be on Saban’s or Dabo’s level, but he’s done an unprecedented job at Oklahoma State, and there are a lot of blue blood programs that have not enjoyed the success we’ve enjoyed over the last 17 years. We just need to be fair in our assessment of him. I do think he’s doing a very good job so far this year.

3 Likes

Barely beating a FCS team and Tulsa? :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: Beat discoTEX then we’ll talk. Until then…cheerleaders!

1 Like

If we could get presley to show up we maybe better

1 Like

He has benefited in a major way due to Boone’$ $$$$$$$$$. RIP, T. Boone!

1 Like

Yes that was a great paint job.

1 Like

NIce excuse, esp being a former QB. That’s the most important position on the field…which speaks to his coaching if he can’t get his QB1 to set his feet properly.

1 Like

I remember when we used to beat good Tulsa teams by 30 points. Now we beat bad Tulsa teams by 5 points.

I remember when we beat Missouri State 58-17 with a 6-6 team. Now we only beat Missouri State by 7 with a 5-0 team.

I remember when 30 points being scored by the offense used to nearly alway be a given. Now we wonder if they’ll ever get to 30.

I remember either beating OU or playing them in nail biters from 2010-2014. The last two meetings we’ve been out scored by them 75-29.

I remember when national sports analysts used to consider us being a contender for a Big 12 championship. Now they consider us as a dark horse for one.

I remember from 2005-2011 when we used to exceed our projected conference finish. Now we consistently fail to meet it.

That’s not called being a bigot. That’s called a fair assessment over the last few years. Everyone wants to focus on the current situation, but always put the past behind them.

So what happens if we go 7-5 or 8-4 and don’t meet our projected placement in the conference? Do we just sweep it under the rug and continue the battle cry of “Wait till next year!!!” or do we start demanding some kind of accountability?

I’m not saying Gundy’s done a terrible job the entire time he’s been the coach. These last few years have looked very different though, and if his goal every year is to just make a bowl game with no plan to progress further or fix the offensive inconsistency then maybe he should consider grooming in a new HC in the next two-three years.

I’m ready for this program to take the next step, and not lower the standard. So how about you?

1 Like

Boone is injured already

1 Like

God wants a public apology from Coach Gundy for wearing NIKE which honors the goddess Nike for victory instead of God. How do you think things will go if he apologizes publicly to men for wearing an OAN shirt but refuses to apologize publicly to God for wearing NIKE which is far worse? See ( God against Nike . com )