This Might be Mike Gundy's Best Coaching Job Yet

I’m having trouble seeing where this came from :flushed:. As far as I know he can wear about any T-shirt he pleases, I’m certain we have a contract with Nike for our uniforms ?!?! I don’t like Nike myself but I don’t biach about having connections with them. That’s out of my hands

2 Likes

Yea we have a big deal with Nike thats why we have so many uniforms. This was a weird post. Anti big business Joey would love this.

1 Like

The stooge brothers love anything anti Gundy
They have to dream most of this chit up, Joey will come on later so he thinks he has the last word :shushing_face::joy::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Joey and Jeff r really unbalanced. They have a weird need to get one over. Then u call them out. Instead of calling it a day they just move to a new angle. I do love when they start dig their on grave. What is Jeff proving by saying he is glad ford is hurt

1 Like

Him saying that is more than unbalanced :shushing_face: anything is a go with them trying to get one over to try to prove an unprovable point. Goon fans are stranger than fiction :joy:

1 Like

If we beat Texas those 2 will have a heart attack. Get some guys back. If Sanders and the recievers get together we should handle Texas.

1 Like

I like our chances if we can keep the RB from going off. He’s good, Thompsons passing has dropped lower every week since his first game.
If we can be in his face all night will be good

2 Likes

“…why Mike Gundy might be putting together his best coaching performance ever”

I hate to think that I enjoy being a cynic, but it is the nature of some. Perhaps me as well… ;-\

I do love to play poker tournaments and the occasional cash game as well. That quoted statement reminds me quite a lot of poker players who will claim ‘best performance ever’ to themselves just because the ‘cards’ fell in their favor, despite bad or questionable play. So far, this season, I have witnessed nothing other than our defense to make me think that any coaching performance is the best ever, especially our head coach. I have always despised Gundy’s timidity with a lead, even if respecting greatly his contributions to our football program. Playing ‘down’ to the level of our competition is NOT a great coaching performance. The ‘cards’ have simply fallen in our favor to this point. We got a Kstate team without their starting quarterback. We got an FCS team that should have been completely out manned. We got a Baylor team that was almost as overrated as we are! We got a scrappy Tulsa team that almost took us to the woodshed… but hasn’t beaten anyone else despite a good showing versus a suspect Ohio State team. After five games against the competition we have faced, to have ZERO points in a third quarter is an epic failure at the coaching level. jmho…

However, as with every poker tournament, to make the final table you do have to get lucky a few hands as well as play well. To this point, we have gotten so very lucky. Thus, we are in a position to start actually playing, and coaching, well!!! …and profit from our good fortune to this point. But, if we decide that we have been performing well just because of how the cards have fallen, we are pretty much doomed to think that there is nothing wrong with our play (or coaching) and continue to make the same philosophical mistakes… until the cards do NOT bail us out.

1 Like

That can be said about alot of the teams this year.
Some problems. Most experts had us going no better then 4-1.
Almost only works with hand grenades and horses.
If u were talking about riley team with basic no injuries and picked to win the natty with the heisman qb, this would fit.
He has done a great job using what he has got. I like everyone wants to say crap about any part of the team that does poorly. So after 15 years the defense comes to play. But that’s not Gundy’s deal.
Next 3 weeks we will know where we are at. But, I do love how u say he plays down but beat an over rated team. Just going around pulling football sound bites is silly.

2 Likes

Opinion noted, respected… thanks for the reply. ;-]

1 Like

Gumby doesn’t have much of an innovative offensive mind. Sure, he brought the pistol to town but the offense hasn’t changed much the last 10 years. Hardly any new plays, he’s just VERY lucky he finally has had some good defenses cause if not, we’d be Texas Tech the last 10 years.

1 Like

That guys is HORRIBLE. He’s about as mobile as the upcoming Barry Sanders statue!

There is a difference between having connections with big business and calling people the n word as both a player and coach.

While 6-6 is not impossible, I think, as of today, 9-3 is a very likely finish for this team. It could be a game or two better or a game worse at 8-4, but I just don’t see it being worse than 8-4 as things stand today.

I’d like to have Brock Martin back and I would like to see SS take better care of the ball though.

3 Likes

For whatever reason Tech has played us close or beaten us the last three times.

Gary Patterson and TCU are 3-1 against Gundy in the last four tries.

Iowa State while we seemingly seem to come out with the W against them is always a close and tricky game.

OU is a game we never win.

WV we seem to have success against.

Texas is a game we’ve lost in our last two meetings, and they seem to be better than they were last season.

Kansas is a game I think we are safe in.

So the very real possibility of going 7-5 is there. Seems like we barely get by or lose to Tech and TCU these days. Ames is never a gimme and always a tough place to get a win. Yes we’ve won in Austin, but also we’ve barely escaped with wins there the last couple of tries.

1 Like

You are assuming that we are going to go 2-5 the rest of the season? With some key injuries, I suppose I can see that possibility but as it stands today, I think I’m being pretty realistic that we go 4-3 or 3-4 the rest of the way. But 2-5 assumes that we only win 1 of the following games: Tech, TCU, WV, Iowa St. If I set the line at 1.5 would you take the over or the under?

Who is calling people Nike. U can just drop this now. I’m tired of ur bs. It’s one thing to be an idiot but u got a weird sickness.

1 Like

I’m assuming we beat Kansas and WV. For me the other games are toss ups.

1 Like

Same thing happened with Baylor 2 years ago. They had several games that they should have lost. But the cards kept falling their way. As they say I would rather be lucky than good. Hope we continue to be lucky :cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face::cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

How does Nike and calling someone the N word apply in this ??? Such weird thinking Joey

2 Likes