Video Game Thread

Just saw that last night, hes such an excellent performer

Anyone remember who in here has a friend that works at EA?

Matt said it’s related to pay structure for likeness.

2 Likes

Nice. Hopefully this means all FBS schools will be in the game. There was a few that said this had to happen for them to agree to be in, ND being the biggest.

1 Like

Smh, these kids are getting so greedy. You have the chance to be in a freaking video game. I would take the money and a free copy happily. Only player that should get paid more is the cover athlete.

2 Likes

This will probably stir up controversy, but I bet most of the players crying about the pay amount are the ones that aren’t good enough to deserve more. $500 is kinda low considering how much the game will make but it wouldn’t be much more. Maybe $1,000 or $2,000.

Also, this- “So, what are NFL players getting paid for Madden ?’ And the numbers we were given were from 2019, it was disclosed that they got, I think, about $17,000.”

shows that the dude can’t do simple math. There’s about 1,700 active NFL players. There are 130 100+ man FBS rosters. Almost 10x as many pieces of the pie in college at least.

4 Likes

When I got to that part I just stopped reading. Comical :joy:

3 Likes

I saw a hilarious comment about the boycott. Someone said these guys can opt out and get $0, but some guy with the gamertag “wintersoldier350” will have them in the game within 24 hours of the drop. It was insane how fast full team rosters were available to download .

3 Likes

Another great point. Dynasty mode is what everyone plays. You play a few seasons with real players and then it’s just generic names after that anyway.

4 Likes

$500 for zero work is more than fair for 99% of these dudes.

1 Like

I gotta go GTA, Def Jam, and NFSU 2. Although Midnight club 2 was better than NFS imo.

2 Likes

GTA, God of War, Marvel vs Capcom 2.

2 Likes

Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything on marvel vs Capcom. What’s the premise? It looks like Tekken-esque.

1 Like

It is. It’s just a really solid fighting game.

1 Like

Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X.

3 Likes

Obviously I have plenty of games I need to catch up on, but of the ones I’ve played I gotta say def jam is the best fighting game I’ve ever played. So, so much fun. Bonus that you’re fighting with dudes like DMX and snoop. Lol

1 Like

Metal Gear Solid 2 and use the rest to buy beer.

2 Likes

Smart. :joy:

Honestly, if I could just get any three PS2 games, I want Gran Turismo 3, Tekken 4, and NCAA 07.

1 Like

Honestly ncaa 05-07 were all bangers IMO. I gotta put Def Jam up there, I could play that forever. And probably CoD 3. I think that was PS2 right?

1 Like