Video Game Thread

No they are removable. We went into it with the less expensive version since he hasn’t had anything before.

1 Like

Choice of gaming device:

• PC
  • Xbox
  • Playstation
  • Switch

0 voters

1 Like

Okay, favorite underrated game?

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. One of the strongest RPGs I know, story-wise.

Mario Golf on the GameCube was fun as hell.

2 Likes

I’m PC only myself

1 Like

Game I couldn’t play after dark, alone, out in the country - Deadspace that was the quietest Game for long periods of time, protagonist didn’t talk, then the alien virus infected crew

4 Likes

That was the best time to play it. I made a compilation of damage. :rofl: Never loaded it up.

Here’s some Mad Max Road Fury to tide you over. :grin:

Honestly, I enjoyed the hell out of Mad Max. It wasn’t a GREAT game but the driving was solid, the combat was intuitive and heavy, and there was a ton to do.

1 Like

The eye candy was solid. Half the enticement.

I really liked the fighting. It was the same style as the Batman games with the emphasis on parrying and all that, but the hits just FELT heavy. Like, punching a dude in the face had weight to it.

1 Like

Santa brought us a Switch for Christmas. So we’ve been playing Mario Kart, Mario Maker, and Super Mario Odyssey. Basically anything Mario. Odyssey is pretty good. I’m impressed that they can still make an original Mario game.

1 Like

Definitely. All the big boy hits.

1 Like

Some Metro: Last Light action.

Best game I’ve ever played. I’m not overly sappy by any stretch, but in my life I’ve been misty eyed while watching entertainment twice.

1. The opening scene of that game with his daughter. I literally out loud said to myself “What’s wrong with you? It’s a video game you dolt.”
  2. When I was younger and watching Dances with Wolves, and that scene played where they were shooting at his dog but the dog wouldn’t run away because he was loyal. I’m a dog freak. Got me right in the feels. No apologies.
4 Likes

Oh, I’m a baby with media as I’ve gotten older. I cry much more frequently with things. For example, there’s a scene in a Mass Effect 3 DLC where a character has a holotape of him singing ‘Amazing Grace’ and it wrecks me every time.

1 Like

I cried at the end of Mega Man 2, when he disappears but his helmet is on the ground.

3 Likes

It’s up there with Fallout 3 for my favorite game ever. The story is just so well written. It is probably the most emotionally invested I’ve ever been in a video game campaign. I have really high expectations for TLoU2.

What is this wonderful news?!

Oh yeah, sequel due out in May.

1 Like