Weiberg Officially Takes Over as Oklahoma State Athletic Director

During the 2003 football season, OSU broke ground on a $260 million upgrade to Boone Pickens Stadium which included a brick exterior to match the modified Georgian architecture of the OSU campus.

Holding capacity is 60,218

Baylor’s cost to construct Mclane stadium……$266 million. Holding capacity of 45,150.

You see? It doesn’t make sense for OSU to build a completely new stadium when it’s not needed. The focus was more on state of the art facilities and a practice facility. There is nothing wrong with upgrading if the structure is in stable and reasonable condition. There is nothing wrong with building a practice facility. Especially when your the only program in the conference that didn’t have one.

1 Like

I think u need to talk to logan so he can explain finances.
First 266 was for just bps or both venues.
If they spent 266 just on bps 20 years ago they could have got an extra 10000 seat or so.
I havent seen Baylor’s but can they expand in the future.
But seriously gundy is here for at least the next year why dnt u take a vacation till are first lose.

1 Like

Your source please?

1 Like

What are you talking about? The max capacity used to be 47,000 and it’s currently 60,218. You think we need more seats when 80 percent of the state are Sooner fans?

1 Like

I was going of ur number. But I went to Wikipedia.
First Baylor can expand, but the stadium is the size they need.
286 is what they say e spent in 2009. So if it wasn’t for the field house we could have had a new stadium.

1 Like

That was all about Baylor. U said the spent 266 on a 45000 stadium. They have room to expand by 10000

1 Like

They only list us at 55000 now. I

1 Like

But we don’t need a new one. That’s the point I’m getting at!! We don’t need to expand!!!

1 Like

I have no idea what ur trying to point out.
I.do know that in 2009 we spent 286 million for 10000 seats and paint on a 100 year old stadium. Baylor spent 266 million for a new stadium in 2014. So to keep the stadium where it’s is, we did bad economics.
That paint job will need to be done again before a new stadium

1 Like

Paint doesn’t cost 260 million dollars.

1 Like

It’s a big building

1 Like

It’s more than paint and a building.

1 Like

I wonder why a guy like u, how does not like cowboy culture would stoop to use this.
There a bunch of problems
1 it was 286 at 2009, but they have continue to spend money( but painting).
2 if ur trying to say what we got was a saving to a new stadium dnt quit ur day job.
I’m a traditional guy so I’m fine with all and cowboy culture.
U hate all these things why are u sticking up for it.
I kind of screwed u over by act like I was mad about a paint job. But seriously it may be a high dollar paint job it’s still a paint job.

1 Like

The biggest college athletics donation in history at the time and your calling it a paint job? According to 247 Gundy has the 11th best football facilities in the country (OU is 10th) and your telling me you still think it’s a paint job? Yet, Gundy is still finding a way to be mediocre in recruiting and seasons with that “paint job”.

2 Likes

Well ok a really nice paint job. What they call them, custom paint job.
Why would it matter to u what I think.
Still doesn’t make it a new stadium or a blue blood school.

1 Like

Like I said a couple of hours ago
Gundy is here for sure this year. Go take a break.
When or if we get that 1st lose then come back with bells on ur toes

1 Like

Until he decides to wear his OAN shirt again.

Jesus Christ Robert is dumb. It’s impressive how stupid he is.

If? LMFAO I can pencil in at least 1 loss right now with extreme confidence. Not to mention the annual or two WTF loss.

1 Like

Was that to me. If so dnt follow why u want with Gundy’s on t-shirt

1 Like

I figured joe was going to catch that “if”. He is on his own tangent.
But I do see ur trolling

1 Like