What Landing Five-star Enoch Boakye Could Do for OSU

That’s why we have cowboy culture to keep a clean program. No I’m not blame boynton before u start crying. Gundy had the si deal that didnt help. The Hubbard deal(cost a 4 star decommit). The bad press over the man deal.

1 Like

It effects them like a virus. If guys are going to be here for 4 yrs will look at it differently then a 1 and done

1 Like

The virus affects everyone. NCAA ban only affects OSU. These kids look at that when making a decision. That’s 1/4 of his tourney chances gone without playing a second.

Well hopefully we can get another 5 stars brother hired

2 Likes

Good recruiter works around these problems. A good coach works with what he has

I see how it is now. You hold Boynton to a higher recruiting standard than your daddy Gundy. Not surprising since you have your mouth on his taint 24/7.

1 Like

No I’m keep him to the same as u keep other osu coaches. U act like he is this great recruiter and coach.
A lil adversity should not stop him.
Look he gave cade brother a job. That got us cade. He parlayed that in too a great class. Now he will have to work on it another way like actually recruiting one guy at a time.
U get me wrong I like boynton but he has to step up his coaching.
Unlike u have I asked for boyton head. No
U are the one with double standards

You say this but then you turn around and also say “it’s just Stillwater.” By your backasswards logic Gundy should find a way to recruit here if he was a good coach and recruiter right? You said so right here. But no the current 5th recruiting class in the Big 12 status quo is fine with Robert the paste eating clown because we win more than 2 games a year with our lord and savior Mike Gundy. :clown_face:

1 Like

It stops Gundy because “it’s Stillwater.”

Once again ur comparing a sport that’s need 2 good recruits a year to one that needs 25. Why can a school like Gonzaga be like they r. Or any other small school. Show some knowledge. My

1 Like

I’m not asking for 25 good recruits which we clearly do not get anyways. I’m asking for 6-8 higher rated recruits a year. 4 stars. Seems reasonable to me but “it’s just Stillwater” according to you.

1 Like

Still ur asking for 3 to 4 times what makes a bb team. But football needs 11 at least every class not 6 or 8.
Ur still hanging on to an obsession. Why can a school like Wichita state make it in basketball.
Different rules.

1 Like

I’ve seen our basketball program get these types of recruits before. One thing people forget is our basketball program while maybe not a blue blood, has a lot of tradition between iba and of course Sutton. If boynton picks up this kid it’s a great get, and I’ll be happy as hell. I hold our basketball program as a whole to a different standard.

1 Like

It’s obvious to me that Boynton (at the very least) is trying to establish a championship chasing team. He signed a 5 star recruit and 4 star recruit at the same time period last season (Cade Cunningham and Rondel Walker). Most coaches that want championships know you have to get good players to be consistent in championship races.

Boynton as far as the recruiting phase goes did something in three seasons that Gundy hasn’t been able to accomplish in sixteen seasons. Time will tell with Boynton given it’s only his 4th season, but I see one coach desperately trying to establish GIA back to its former glory and a program that people can be proud of once again. Then I see one coach trying to convince people that consistent mediocrity is good for everyone and they should just be happy and content with it.

Yeah I seen in 2009 what happens when Gundy gets one or two good players gone for the season due to NCAA violations. It ends with a home loss throttling to Texas and a shutout in Norman, OK. Followed up by a dismal offensive performance against Ole Miss. Then people wonder why we want better recruiting rankings?

In football there are 130 D-1 teams and approximately 300 high school players rated 4 star or higher (That is around 2.3 four star recruits or higher per team). Now lets look at teams (P5 teams specifically) that have a realistic chance of landing 4 star recruits.

Let’s just say for example that we have 40 out of 65 P5 teams that have a chance to land these guys. That is an average of 7.5 four star recruits per team. Since you like to tout how awesome it is that we have the 10th most wins in the NCAA the past 10 years and 2nd most in the conference are you telling me you don’t think it’s possible for Gundy to land 5-6 of these ESPN 300 recruits?

One would think more 4 star recruits would be willing to go to OSU for immediate playing time and winning right? Wrong, because they know the HC doesn’t chase championships and he plays players based on seniority and culture rather than talent. If you want to see more of these high rated recruits coming to Stillwater then it starts with a HC change or Gundy changing his mindset on recruiting and talent. Since Gundy’s philosophy is “it’s better to lose than to change” which was quite evident during Bedlam 2020 then I doubt we see any changes.

Let’s talk about basketball for a second. There are approximately 351 D-1 basketball teams and approximately 150 recruits rated as a four star or higher. That’s about 2.3 four star recruits per team. Let’s say realistic there are 65 teams or so with a chance to land a four star. This still comes out to about 2.3 four stars per team. A far lower number compared to football. Boynton was still able to sign 2-3 of these four star caliber or higher players. He did this with a program that hasn’t made the tournament in a while and a looming NCAA sanction hanging above its head. Boynton isn’t afraid to play his younger talent and he’s aspiring to be better than middle of the pack in probably the toughest basketball conference in the country. He knows that you need a few championship caliber players to compete for a championship. He’s willing to change to be successful.

You can make all the excuses you want, but the data behind it all shows your claim is false and there is no real evidence to support your claim.

Wow. Didnt read any of it. Blah blah

1 Like

If you did read it you would know that your claim doesn’t make any logical or reasonable sense.

I know who it’s from. U have no knowledge. And u rite a novel. If u cant prove ur point in less words. Repeating urself helps noda

1 Like

Well I figured since you can’t understand small points then maybe if I explained the entire situation you would gain better understanding.

I’ve come to know that’s impossible because of the following:

1. You won’t read it or your too lazy

2. You can’t read it and it hurts your brain

3. You do understand it all but refuse the truth

So unfortunately since your content with remaining in your slack jawed yokel phase and not seeking to gain greater knowledge I can’t force you to do it or hold your hand. It’s just something you must do on your own.