What QB Zane Flores' Commitment Means for Oklahoma State

You really think Spencer will stay two more seasons? I hope he does cause if not we’ll stink it up in 2023.

All big eight lead nation in categories still has records. Come on. At least ok qb then lol

1 Like

Good thing all 4-star recruits are guaranteed to be better than threes. You might wanna do some research to see HOW FLAWED that way of thinking is…or just look at UT’s record the last 10 years. Tons of 4s and 5s on their roster who did NOT pan out, i.e. BU$T!!!

2 Likes

Yes. Mostly because I don’t think he’s pro material.

You talk about us having 17 coming back awhile back.

I guess you found out Matt could do worse with more returning starters. His starters proved they were good with so many making all big 12 teams. He managed 7 wins with that talent. Yes I know you will come back with he beat osu.

Why dnt you tell us how you think Matt is so great a coach but fail so bad. We’re not talking 1 game like gundy does. He lost to a few bad teams

1 Like

How many teams has Matt had so far that are capable of winning a Big 12 title? Maybe two at the most? Gundy’s practically had seven so far in that scenario. That makes him 1-6. Matt also just finished his sixth season. He didn’t complete his seventeenth season yet. You seem to leave that part out quite often.

Gundy had three teams or so in his first seven seasons as the OSU HC capable enough of winning the Big 12. I didn’t criticize Gundy at all in the first half of his coaching career. Instead, Gundy showed me in the later half of his coaching career what to expect from him.

Campbell is also at a historically worse football program than OSU (something else you ever acknowledge). He’s not going to get better athletes than Gundy is capable of getting. Campbell doesn’t have a state pipeline like Gundy has either. He’s also stuck getting the Oklahoma kids Gundy passes on as well.

So let’s break this down in its entirety if you want to make a legitimate comparison:

1. Campbell doesn’t have the better recruiting strategy or connections established yet like Gundy does.

2. Campbell is in year 7 while Gundy enters year 18 (That’s a massive difference).

3. Campbell is at a historically worse program that’s in the middle of nowhere.

4. Recruiting to Iowa State is a more difficult task than to OSU.

5. Iowa State isn’t anywhere close to having the same facilities or accolades that OSU currently has.

6. Iowa State spent 23 mil on football this past season while OSU spent 24.2 mil.

7. Matt Campbell made it to the Big 12 title game before Gundy did.

8. Campbell has also been able to beat OU twice in his first six seasons. Gundy had zero bedlam victories in his first six seasons at OSU.

You’re seriously going to give Matt Campbell chit for failing one year out of six? When Gundy’s had multiple teams fail over 17 years? I’ll agree Campbell’s team probably should’ve done better, but I’m not going to act like our coach has never failed to meet the fan base expectations. That’s where you become utterly stupid.

In the end it all results in the same aspect. What’s the saying you, Michael, and Gundy like to say? If you’re not first your last?

Your moving the goal post for Matt. Your making excuses like not coached as much and isu history. You never let us use osu history.

I think Matt must be a bad coach how many return starters did he have. How many times has he beat iowa. How many all big 12 players did he have. How many underdogs beat him last year.

Do you not see your making excuses all the time for everyone. Thats way its so easy to debunk you. Double standards win no arguments.

1 Like

It’s a big difference. The fact that Campbell was able to get an historically worse football program to the conference title game before Mike Gundy could (with very little resources at the time) says it all. Go ahead and keep ignoring that though.

Gundy’s history of returning starters:

2013- 17 returning starters (finished 3rd)

2015- 19 returning starters (finished 3rd)

2016- 17 returning starters (finished 2nd)

2017- 14 returning starters (finished 3rd)

2020- 18 returning starters (finished 4th)

2021- 12 returning starters (finished 2nd)

Why is Gundy finding ways to fail even getting 2nd place most of the time when he returns most of his players? That’s six seasons where he’s only accomplished 2nd place twice.

If you’re going to hold Campbell to a certain standard you better be fair about it when comparing him to Gundy. You can’t call Gundy a great coach and at the same time call Campbell bad when he has less of a history of failing expectations compared to Gundy.

You’re right. Double standards don’t win arguments. So stop trying to consistently post them on here and make 500 excuses for them. I’ve just proven to you the double standards you post on this forum on a daily basis.

I have never had double standards. I using your double standards to ask you how this works. I think Matt is a good coach never said a bad word about when not talking to you. You can make all sort of list. Matt had plenty of return starters and good ones, by the amount of all big 12. He choked more then gundy has ever had.
Last year had nothing to do with isu history. Matt has been a head coach for over 10 years. Joy your killing me with your excuse.
If you let guys like riley and Matt have excuse and let them slide then you will never make any point. How many times did you mom kick you in the head. She didn’t drop you, because your stupid goes well beyond a drop baby. I seriously dnt think you know what words mean.

1 Like

Wow Joey! Just wow! When people on here say all these things about Oklahoma State football’s difficulties in recruiting, recruiting budget, and program history you dismiss it as irrelevant, but when it comes to Matt Campbell all these things suddenly matter. You can miss me with all that. You literally would rather OSU football do terrible and go look, see, then to just enjoy the good things happening with the program, and there are plenty of good things happening.

3 Likes

Lmao okay!!

What sense does that make? So he’s only a bad coach when you’re talking to me? So the standard changes when you’re talking to me?

The coach thats coached longer has choked more. I can promise you that lol.

You’re killing me with your different standards and excuses.

• if Gundy fails expectations it’s the player’s fault or the administration’s. If Campbell fails it’s because he sucks.

• Campbell is a good coach (unless I talk to Joe about him). Then he becomes a bad coach.

When I’m not talking to you I dnt care how bad Matt choke and see he has been winning. When I talk to you I use him to point out your double standards.

1 Like

It goes back to the original questions. Has Campbell been at ISU as long as Gundy has been at OSU? You keep trying to compare apples to oranges with me. You guys keep ignoring all the factors of OSU football since 2011.

• Texas has pretty much sucked

• We only have 10 teams now

• OU didn’t win a conference title between 2011-2014

• Baylor’s had to rebuild three times

Despite these factors Gundy has found himself struggling to get to second place in the conference even when he returns a majority of his experienced starters (with 2021 being the exception). I’m just curious as to how many more excuses we get to hear?

Yo thinks he should win another conference title in the next couple of years. Robert is praising him for signing six 4-star recruits (when that should be happening on a regular basis). That’s okay I suppose. I’ll hold them to it. I just don’t know who else we plan on blaming when we are entering season 20 under Gundy, and still only have one conference title.

• it didn’t take Campbell seven years to figure out how to beat OU

• it didn’t take Campbell seven years to play for a conference title

• Campbell has been at ISU for six seasons and not seventeen seasons

• Campbell played for a conference title before Gundy once the CCG was reintroduced

• Matt Campbell also won an NY6 bowl at Iowa State before Gundy did at OSU in the first few years of his career at ISU.

When I talk about Campbell I use him to point out that Gundy could do better. Considering Campbell is at a program that would be considered by most as worse than OSU.

Campbell did that during covid. You dnt even count that a year for tucker since it was covid even tho the played games.
Matt’s been a head coach for 11 years. So all your stuff is moot. You act like last year it was his first year so it was OK to win just 7 games.
The guy got 7 conf coach awards for coach of the year.
So after Matt doesn’t get a title this year you won’t be able to use him.
I see you tried to explain to another person why your not wrong. Your alway talking about snyder so gundy has 10 years to get his 2nd title.

You want a title game check
You want more 4 star better recruits. Check.
You want a big 6 bowl. Check
You want tuffer schedule. Check

Yet your still on your knees crying like a baby

1 Like

And that matters why?

It’s still 7 years less than Gundy. Seems like you forgot Gundy went 7-6 in his 14th season as a HC.

I don’t need to. There is a man in Waco, TX that’s already done what Gundy can’t do.

Keep doubling down Roberto!!!

I told you why you can’t use covid. Read all the stuff. You said covid didn’t count for tucker. I’m just use your logic.
You really try so hard to be smart, it’s pathetic. It’s not the fact he won 7 games. It’s the fact he had tons of returning starters, predicted to play in the title game with theost all big 12 players. You really could save your self from looking like a fool.
Just anther coach you will be giving excuses about. Riley Matt miles leach and soon to be Dave. They all seem to go to chit after you start giving th excuses.

1 Like

I never said it didn’t count. I just simply stated the Big 10 only played 7 games the entire season. Go back and read what I said if you don’t believe me. If you don’t I can go back and post it on here for you. Stop lying!!!

You try too hard at doubling down, it’s pathetic.

Lmao what are you talking about? I gave you an example of six seasons where Gundy returned a majority of his starters and still couldn’t win the conference (he was even predicted to win the conference in 2013). All you’ve done is try to use one year from Campbell’s time at Iowa State.

Who’s the one that couldn’t win a conference title when OU was having a down year and he fielded the second best team he’s ever had?

I keep count covid year for tucker and you won’t let me. That’s how that conversation went.
You just not smart enough to get it’s not about predicted conf. Winner.
Matt had the returning starters and a bunch got all big 12 honors. Alot of honors. Matt choose to all that talent and win 7 games. Can you not get 2 of your brain cells to connect long enough to understand this point.

Alot of teams are predicted. But we find out there not that good because of talent problems. It was just a bad coach.

1 Like

All I said is that Tucker was able to get the Big 10 Coach of The Year, win 11 games, and beat the conference champion in his 2nd year at Michigan State. Then I asked this question. Did Gundy do that his second year at OSU?

I understood what you meant. I’m just simply stating Gundy’s failed to do that several times. He finished 3rd with a team that had the following NFL players on the team at the same time:

• Chris Carson
  • Justice Hill
  • Blake Jarwin
  • Mason Rudolph
  • James Washington (Biletnikoff winner)
  • Dillon Stoner

All those guys that became NFL worthy and on the same team in 2016. Can you get that through your brain?

If that’s the case then Gundy did a pretty bad job when we lost to Central Michigan and Baylor in 2016 with all that talent on offense. Guess we probably should’ve scored at least 30 points in both those contests. Don’t you agree?