What RB Deondre Jackson's Commitment Means for Oklahoma State

D line is going to be better than last year

Jason Taylor > Sterling / Peel

Harper had a great year but people over look the fact it was also his first year as a starter

Cobb also about to ball out

My x factors this season in the secondary is Kanion & SMF

4 Likes

My concerns in sequential order:

1. O-line (Been an issue since 2014)
  2. Play calling (Does Dunn have Gundyā€™s trust? Will he have the balls to re-tool the offense to QB1ā€™s strengths?)
  3. Linebackers (The losses of Malcolm and Devin will be felt.)
  4. Secondary (Starting corners are fine. Safeties are a coin flip.)
  5. QB2 (Do we even know what we have?)
  6. RB1&2 (Who is our next Jaylen Warren)
  7. Schedule (I hate the idea of trying to win Bedlam w/ everything on the line for both teams. It NEVER ends well.)
1 Like

I donā€™t have any doubts the defense will be solid. I just donā€™t have any faith in the offense right now. Sanders can only take this team so far. Gotta get the offensive line and play calling shored up first thing.

Thats one thing I really get tired of you saying. Play calling. You really dnt understand the process of this team.
Do you know why the bowl games are the best offense.
We have most the players healed and like last year all those young guys had 12 games plus another month to get things going.
We know Cole is out. But if we can start the year with most of the team it would make a difference. I know when we do better on offense, you will just say dunn told gundy off.
Only moron canā€™t see the challenges we start the last two years.

2 Likes

Sanders can only take us so far ? How far is that Joey ? He plays as well as anyone when he has protection and donā€™t start your chit about the Oline. They will be fine. Evidently you havenā€™t watched the progress heā€™s made in 2 years. Heā€™s as good as anyone in the conference. Heā€™s the best player on offense !!

1 Like

I know that injuries/inexperience can limit play calling. I also know that bowl season provides time to heal up and get younger guys more practice reps. I see both ends of that spectrum. But there are two things I think you are missing in your side of the discussion:

1. Gundy has openly admitted that he got sick of losing OCs so he started hiring ones that he could train himself/have more control over.

2. Youā€™ll never convince me that playcalling was not a major reason that we struggled horribly on offense during the non-conference portion of the schedule last season. Dunn was trying to fit square pegs into round holes, and you know it!

1 Like

Yes, gundy doesnā€™t want any coach to leave. Dunn isnā€™t those last to morons. Yes, gundy has a philosophy on play calls. Does riley or any other coach.

You answered your deal. Dunn had square pegs( a miss mash of inexperienced players) round holes( the plays they could run).

They moved a kid to lt for the first time. His first play let the de go rite for Sanders, because he forgot that was his guy.

Do you pull guards that are really new.

Do you run sweep to a side where you got a 3rd string receiver who gets called for holding eveytime.

You didnā€™t get pissed off in the first half for stupid flags stopping drives. With all this going and a qb prone to throw pics Do you pass on 3rd and 20. Sure if your deep and the pic is on the 5 yard line. But, what if they go 95 yards.

Dunn and gundy have been here a long time. There not backing themselves into the play book.
Iā€™ve seen Richardson in the wrong spot. Receivers not running routes rite or missing blocks. Even Danny the center got 3 flags. He is the freaken center.

Think of it like playing with your son. Did you throw a 90 mile ball to him, no. First you canā€™t, lol. But, when he was 5 you would have been in the hospital.

All these things lessons as the year goes on.

@robert28 I think he is referring to try to make Sanders a pocket passer or making Richardson a speed back running east and west. But you know what he meant, you just canā€™t keep from making excuses for Gundy and company. Yā€™all want to make a big deal out of a 12 win season with no conference title but even Kansas has done that in the last 17 years. Hopefully we can set a higher goal than that.

1 Like

Lol well you and your buddy joy need to get on the same page. Joy swears that gundy only runs the ball up the middle. He has stated the run it up the middle more then they have run plays for a game.

I have yet to see a qb in college roll out everytime they throw.
So what your saying is you want Richardson to run up the middle. You want Sanders to do bootlegs.
Talk about limiting the offense.

I think Sanders still can do some rpo, screens to the rb or receivers. And if Richardson bounce outside I wonā€™t cry.

It worked so well in the conference championship game.

No what Iā€™m saying is I donā€™t think keeping Sanders in the pocket waiting for a guy to get 40 yards down field or the second receiver to clear out coming across the field when they havenā€™t slowed the nose guard 2 seconds for the first 3 quarters.

1 Like

That was Jackson in the title game.
Sanders hasnā€™t thrown to many 40 yard plays lately. I think u protest to much. Do you sleep thur the games these days.

Richardson had 7 attempts for 2 yards.

1 Like

Yea he got hurt and they pulled him. Any one who is basing a player or coach on 7 plays is really look for lil things to win argument. I think even with " bad" line gundy knows how to get rb to the pros.
What if we only looked Barryā€™s game with Nebraska we wouldnā€™t think he was a goat.

Half the time during games Gundy doesnā€™t even have a headset on Lol so thats a lie

1 Like

Yes. This. Spencer is much better when improvising on the run. Roll-outs. Speeding the offense up. Weā€™ve seen in stretches what SS can be when given the correct parameters. Notre Dame, Bedlam, and the first Oregon State game come to mind. Will add more later.

2 Likes

Wrong again. GOAT went for 189 and 4TDs vs Nebraska during the 1988 season. And this WAS during Nebraska being ELITE, especially on defense!

2 Likes

How does thar compare to the multiple 400 yard games.
The point was Richardson was hurt and didnā€™t play just like the goat didnā€™t get over 2oo yards. Jug can find wrong in anything. Just like you seem to do alot.

Up tempo helps all qbs. Iā€™m sure Sanders throw better moving. He tends to have bad feet work in the pocket. Throws off back foot to many times. If you guys want him to only throw out of the pocket it really telegraph the run. Even joy would be able to predict the play.

You expected Barry to rush for 200 yards against Nebraska in ā€˜88?! Wonder how many other running backs were only 11 yards away from that number? And you say I spout off crazy stuff!

1 Like

You just agreed w/ me on the uptempo thing. Thatā€™s awesome. So why canā€™t you admit that the coaches failed to see this was Spencerā€™s strength long ago? They were trying to make him a pocket passer which heā€™s not. If even us two can agree, why couldnā€™t the great Gundy see it?

The Barry deal was towards jug and how he will cry about anything